No we did not.

I don't know if I could agree that Windows Phone is of better quality.
    Having owned both I would give the edge to Windows mobile, since they have more big name app developers on board.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    06-15-13 09:08 PM
    Having owned both I would give the edge to Windows mobile, since they have more big name app developers on board.

Huh... lol... well I sure hope so. bb10 hasn't even reached 1 years old.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-15-13 09:10 PM
    Blackberry could've paid the big devs off like ms. Instead, they decide to throw money away at unknown developers who make it to appworld.

It's just one bad business decision after another..
    I agree with you. Android run time didn't work out for the pb, and it looks to be repeating itself on the z10/q10.

06-15-13 09:17 PM
    I agree with you. Android run time didn't work out for the pb, and it looks to be repeating itself on the z10/q10.

Yes that's why a recent article was posted on crackberry about running nearly all android apps... where do you get your facts???

06-15-13 09:22 PM
    Yes that's why a recent article was posted on crackberry about running nearly all android apps... where do you get your facts???

From what's in app world.

93Aero likes this.
    06-15-13 09:24 PM
    Since I don't have a computer ( pc ) I can't port nor sideload even if I wanted to. I'm supposedly using my smartphone as my computer. Porting and sideloading seem like desperate measures to me...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-15-13 09:56 PM
    Since I don't have a computer ( pc ) I can't port nor sideload even if I wanted to. I'm supposedly using my smartphone as my computer. Porting and sideloading seem like desperate measures to me...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    It's a quick fix to the app gap

06-15-13 10:06 PM
    It really does suck not to have the major apps out. My friends like the Z10 but won't get it cuz it still doesn't get the app support they want

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 10:15 PM
    It really does suck not to have the major apps out. My friends like the Z10 but won't get it cuz it still doesn't get the app support they want

Posted via CB10
    Which apps?

06-15-13 10:23 PM
    Chicken and egg problem. Developers don't want to build for BlackBerry because of several reasons.

1) They have in the past and it was previously difficult (BBOS devices)
    2) Not enough market share
    3) People are unaware of how well BB10 performs
    4) People think BB won't be around, no point in wasting resources on apps that won't be around.

I could go on but this topic has kind of been beaten to death. Key take away: If you want apps, go to the people who make them and kindly demand them. Hit them up on Twitter, Hit them up on Facebook, Email their support teams, flood their forums asking for BB 10 apps. Let them know you exist and you want their apps. BlackBerry is already doing their part by getting as many devs on board as they can, they know it's an issue so griping about it to them doesn't really help. Not saying you're griping, just saying it before others come here and blame BB, because that's inevitable as long as this thread exists.
    I so blame BlackBerry for all of these issues. And, it is my party, and I will gripe if I want to. Hmph.
    06-15-13 10:36 PM
    I must be a berrytard cuz I kinda like the sideloads, leaks and workarounds

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    06-15-13 10:57 PM
    Why does everyone buys the new BlackBerry q10/z10 and complain about it?
    Like:

-oh it doesn't have the apps i need
    -oh the screen is to dimmer, i cannot see or read the thing
    -oh its a waste of time, i should have bought the i phone ot s3/4
    - oh why do we need to sideload or port. This is not good.

people are just..... (sigh)

This is a new os, right?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 11:23 PM
    Bb10 is effectively a spinoff of pbos. Quit saying the OS is new. They had since the start of the pb to source for apps for the ecosystem.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    06-16-13 05:51 AM
    We never had skype but now we have it, stop complaining and take what is given. I never heard of vine so it's obviously not important. Neither is instagram or Netflix, I don't use them so no one else probably does either.

Posted via CB10
    I'm from Earth. What planet do you come from?

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-16-13 06:00 AM
    Don't get me wrong, blackberry did a great job with the new OS, but it's time to get over that now because the OS by itself is not enough. 5 months is a decent amount of time for an OS/phone, so we can't keep lying to ourselves and say it's new. Stuff gets updated per hour these days.

Posted using Z10 via CB10 on the Fido network, Toronto.
    06-16-13 07:49 AM
    5 months isn't enough time. Not especially when you're a company like BlackBerry and given it's social status around the globe. This is a transitional point for the company. As of now, the viewpoint is still not good (better than last year). This is partly due to the marketing but we're in a world where everyone is satisfied with their iPhones, not everyone is going to try something new, especially when it's associated with BlackBerry.

My point is, it seems like only yesterday the media predicted BlackBerry's death in 2012/13.
    06-16-13 08:03 AM
    Sorry, but the "market share" argument isn't really true. If it was, Android would be far and away ahead of Apple, at 60% share versus Apple's 13% share.

Here's the reality.

Silicon Valley, where most apps are produced, is an Apple monoculture. It uses Apple phones, tablets and PCs, and doesn't know or care about anything else.

They develop for themselves, first -- then, if they have time, they release a half-baked port to Android. Other OSes don't even factor into their thinking.

It's really pathetic. Try going to Yelp's mobile site sometime -- it doesn't even work on BB10! This would require a very simple change to the string to serve up the mobile page, and, almost five months after BB10, STILL DOESN'T WORK.

Now, please, don't feed me a line of baloney about how there "aren't enough BB10 users" to justify putting a line of code in to recognize BB10 Browser and serve up the proper page.

It's just plain laziness in the Apple monoculture of modern tech development.

If you're looking to get "the latest and greatest apps" as defined by the Apple monoculture, save yourself the trouble and pick up an Apple device. BB is going to have to build and sustain an independent app culture that grows inside its own ecosystem -- the BEST you can hope for from the US app culture is being treated second-fiddle the way Android is, getting a laggy, crashy crappy port of an Apple app six months to a year after iOS has it.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    06-16-13 09:07 AM
    Bb10 is effectively a spinoff of pbos. Quit saying the OS is new. They had since the start of the pb to source for apps for the ecosystem.
    How does one "source" apps for the ecosystem?

Does BB go to Netflix and say "I command you to build a version of your app for our new OS"?

Or do they spend $3 billion to pay every app developer to bring their app over?

Seriously, how does BB magically conjure up 700,000 apps from developers who only care about Apple and can barely develop for Android?
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    06-16-13 09:09 AM
    Blackberry could've paid the big devs off like ms. Instead, they decide to throw money away at unknown developers who make it to appworld.

It's just one bad business decision after another..
    I HATED that port buy off thing they did. The ended up with thousands of crap that weren't even really vetted just for the payday. I remember reading a thread where someone admitted to porting over a ton of apps that were nothing but garbage and bragging that it was the easiest $1400 he ever made.

Then he got a LEZ10 out of it.

BlackBerry just approved everything to be able to say they have X amount of apps. I mean, some of that crap that was approved wasn't even formatted to the screen, ffs.

They should have given that money to the big names like Microsoft did, instead of throwing money at some good devs and a lot of people who just took advantage.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 09:34 AM

Oh are we talking about just apps here? Then yes, Windows Phone has more quality apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 10:41 AM
    I HATED that port buy off thing they did. The ended up with thousands of crap that weren't even really vetted just for the payday.
    Me too. It sounded nice in theory, and while BlackBerry got the quantity in order to play the numbers game, anyone who's spent anytime on the Apple App Store or Google Play will tell you the quality isn't quite there yet. I realize obviously that BB10 is a relatively new platform, but one does have to wonder what it would take for the big name and well known indie devs to bring their apps over to BB World natively.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-16-13 12:26 PM
    We can argue all we want, but BlackBerry is slacking hard on apps. Just look at the pre-installed apps that came with the phone and you'll know how much they lack compared to competitors.

Fnen90 likes this.
    06-18-13 01:11 AM
    It's only logical when you think about it. BB10 is new. How could all the big apps be here? The BlackBerry market has flourished faster than any other market has. Even faster than Windows Phone marketplace. That's saying something. But the best is obviously not enough. The rest is up to BB to succeed with sales and getting the numbers out there so the developers will see that they can benefit from entering the BB appworld. This is a turning point for BB and will lay ground for much of its future. Much is at stake here. Stale and it will stay like this. Succeed and the market will flourish.

In the meantime. Pester the developers with requests everywhere and ask them if they have plans for the BB market. Staying silent and complain won't do much. You can make a difference. I've had discussions with a few devs and while they had no immediate plans to enter BB some were very curious and asked questions about the OS and the Android emulator etc.
    06-18-13 02:41 AM
    Chicken and egg problem. Developers don't want to build for BlackBerry because of several reasons.

1) They have in the past and it was previously difficult (BBOS devices)
    2) Not enough market share
    3) People are unaware of how well BB10 performs
    4) People think BB won't be around, no point in wasting resources on apps that won't be around.

I could go on but this topic has kind of been beaten to death. Key take away: If you want apps, go to the people who make them and kindly demand them. Hit them up on Twitter, Hit them up on Facebook, Email their support teams, flood their forums asking for BB 10 apps. Let them know you exist and you want their apps. BlackBerry is already doing their part by getting as many devs on board as they can, they know it's an issue so griping about it to them doesn't really help. Not saying you're griping, just saying it before others come here and blame BB, because that's inevitable as long as this thread exists.

You are so wrong man. Saying same s*it about the lack of apps or app world doesn't mean that they are doing "what they can" to talk to devs. People are so dumb if they notice that this is only happening with BlackBerry because it's so bad marketing crew (if they have one). Bank account apps? F*ck us. IOs and android users don't send emails for months since a new os or phone I don't know. So who's fault is it? STOP ABEING SO DUMB PEOPLE AND START TO REACT!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 03:51 AM
    We can argue all we want, but BlackBerry is slacking hard on apps. Just look at the pre-installed apps that came with the phone and you'll know how much they lack compared to competitors.

They don't care how the Facebook and Twitter apps works natively. Still sucks the actual versions. BlackBerry will die at the end of this year..so bad I'll have to sell my z10 if someone still interested here in Ny. I doubt it.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 05:34 AM
74 123