^^^This^^^....And my 9000 cant make it though a day unless I dont touch.

Also, the weak point for BB devices seems to be the simple task of phone. In real-world atlanta my Curve gives me maybe 2.75 hours of continuous talk-time. OG iPhone gives me maybe a little less than that but with a battery thats +/- 3 years old
    Original iphone was 2G only dude, no 3G!!!! And how old do you think the 9000 is? Is the original battery still in it? Turn signal to 2G and see how long it will last.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 05:56 PM
    I hope. I really wanted the 9900 last summer. It would have been extremely competitive against Android. The 9900 is what the 97xx should have been, truly Bold. Now, a year later, I'm not as positive about it. I can see this device hurting HP/WebOS further, but if Apple keeps becoming more business friendly and Ice Cream Sandwich can unify Android device and the 9900 isn't compatible with QNX, I can't place a full vote of confidence behind it.
    Exactly. The 9900 is a stop gap product. It may keep the outflow of "western" customers stemmed for a while though.....until the QNX super phones (they really are setting themselves up for a fall by constantly referring to these phones as such IMO) arrive. But, if the super phones fail, goodnight RIM.
    K Bear likes this.
    07-09-11 05:59 PM
    Yes, that truncation issue is well overdue, so happy to read of the fix.

So basically the PB in a phone? Yep, I reckon that would set the world on fire. Would also be overkill for my and I think most peoples requirements, but it is important to have a flagship and that is lacking right now.
    It wouldn't be overkill, it is what the competition is offering.
    07-09-11 06:00 PM
    Original iphone was 2G only dude, no 3G!!!! And how old do you think the 9000 is? Is the original battery still in it? Turn signal to 2G and see how long it will last.

Thank you for alerting that my current device does not get a 3G signal...had no idea. Also the battery in my 9000 is about 8 months old, i did not compare IT to the iPhone directly and in any case (if you want to go off release dates) it would be a year newer than the iPhone. But i didnt go off of that because my iPhone is a refurb that i have only had since 2009 so that would not be a fair comparison on my part. Also that nice chart that howarmat posted corroborates my finding.
    07-09-11 06:08 PM
    Exactly. The 9900 is a stop gap product. It may keep the outflow of "western" customers stemmed for a while though.....until the QNX super phones (they really are setting themselves up for a fall by constantly referring to these phones as such IMO) arrive. But, if the super phones fail, goodnight RIM.
    Fragmentation is killing RIM. All the stop gap phones that cannot be upgraded but still cost $200 on 2 & 3 year contracts (I feel for you my Canadian cousins). Why make that investment when QNX is coming. All of the OS 4.x, 5, 6, and soon 7 devices have comparability issues with apps, hello, even issues with App World and DM. The 99xx Bold should be the Caddy of Blackberrys, but without QNX, it is just another overpriced, glorified pager that will be useless in 6 months to 1 year while consumers still will have 18 to 30 months left on their contract before they can upgrade.
    07-09-11 06:10 PM
    It wouldn't be overkill, it is what the competition is offering.
    Hey KB show me where this phone is!!! I'm due for an upgrade, hoped the 9900 would be here by now but well you know the rest...

The PB is sick (good), if I can get this sort of poke in a phone I am all over it!
    07-09-11 06:12 PM
    Thank you for alerting that my current device does not get a 3G signal...had no idea. Also the battery in my 9000 is about 8 months old, i did not compare IT to the iPhone directly and in any case (if you want to go off release dates) it would be a year newer than the iPhone. But i didnt go off of that because my iPhone is a refurb that i have only had since 2009 so that would not be a fair comparison on my part. Also that nice chart that howarmat posted corroborates my finding.
    9000 is 3.5 years old too, but anyway, 3G cuts the battery life in half, it's a well known fact.

07-09-11 06:24 PM
    Fragmentation is killing RIM. All the stop gap phones that cannot be upgraded but still cost $200 on 2 & 3 year contracts (I feel for you my Canadian cousins). Why make that investment when QNX is coming. All of the OS 4.x, 5, 6, and soon 7 devices have comparability issues with apps, hello, even issues with App World and DM. The 99xx Bold should be the Caddy of Blackberrys, but without QNX, it is just another overpriced, glorified pager that will be useless in 6 months to 1 year while consumers still will have 18 to 30 months left on their contract before they can upgrade.
    This happens to be one of my biggest "WTF?!" aimed at RIM. Bought an 85xx beginning of last year...with OS5?? Well OS6 comes out with the Torch a few months later and you cant have it! Bought a Torch?? Weell a few months later OS7 is announced and, yea, no soup for you....

And to me the 9780 was the biggest slap because it was basically done when it launched.
    Appleluver23 likes this.
    07-09-11 06:26 PM
    9000 is 3.5 years old too, but anyway, 3G cuts the battery life in half, it's a well known fact.

i think you just read what you want to....I know very well how old the Bold is....I also know the OG iPhone is older.....but that info is irrelevant since i explicitly stated that A.)My 9000 battery is 8 Months old B.)My iPhone is from Jan 2009 (not June/July 2007) and C.) i made no attempt to compare those particular devices.

Lastly, we all know what 3G does....I was only stating that VOICE over 3G seems to draw alot of battery from an otehrwise battery efficient device (the CURVE)<------- please note that my original voice-over-3G argument had absolutely nothing to do with a the Bold
    07-09-11 06:35 PM
    This happens to be one of my biggest "WTF?!" aimed at RIM. Bought an 85xx beginning of last year...with OS5?? Well OS6 comes out with the Torch a few months later and you cant have it! Bought a Torch?? Weell a few months later OS7 is announced and, yea, no soup for you....

And to me the 9780 was the biggest slap because it was basically done when it launched.
    Thus is one of the contributing factors to why I'm in no hurry to consider going back to Blackberry.
    Appleluver23 likes this.
    07-09-11 06:38 PM
    i think you just read what you want to....I know very well how old the Bold is....I also know the OG iPhone is older.....but that info is irrelevant since i explicitly stated that A.)My 9000 battery is 8 Months old B.)My iPhone is from Jan 2009 (not June/July 2007) and C.) i made no attempt to compare those particular devices.

Lastly, we all know what 3G does....I was only stating that VOICE over 3G seems to draw alot of battery from an otehrwise battery efficient device (the CURVE)<------- please note that my original voice-over-3G argument had absolutely nothing to do with a the Bold
    I'm not sure what's your point is, and I don't know why you're bringing 2 very old devices and a budget current blackberry in discussion. Your Curve can be bought for �200 on pre pay in UK, no contract needed. For that price it's a lot of phone. Iphone 4 you can't buy on prepay and the 3GS still comands a lot more cash.

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 07-09-11 at 07:16 PM.
    07-09-11 07:12 PM
    I'm not sure what's your point is, and I don't know why you're bringing 2 very old devices and a budget current blackberry in discussion. Your Curve can be bought for �200 on pre pay in UK, no contract needed. For that price it's a lot of phone. Iphone 4 you can't buy on prepay and the 3GS still comands a lot more cash.

its cool man....i can see reading comp isnt really your thing
    07-09-11 07:19 PM
    I agree that complaining isn't very constructive. But there is a difference between that and some useful constructive criticism. I love the great things my Storm 1 can do and despite all the bad reviews, it worked very well for me. Of course I had my issues with it, which I hope RIM caters to.

Its more the tone of the complaining posts that bothers people. I don't want to hear someone ranting on how crappy my Playbook or Storm is. That just pisses people off. I enjoy hearing suggestions for their improvement and honest discussions to help RIM help us.
    dodger_moore likes this.
    07-09-11 08:43 PM
    its cool man....i can see reading comp isnt really your thing
    Ouchies, I had you down for better than that. This time the Romanski kicked your arse and now you are winded and on the ropes. You might get him next time, I thought he was a spent force for this thread but he has an ability to fight himself out of corners that would make Joe Calzaghe jealous.

@Belfast Dispatcher, why aren't you working in governmental PR, or are you?
    07-09-11 08:48 PM
    yes its JUST an LED.... Im not a fanboy...Ive owned SEVERAL phones on several carriers with several OSs. SO chill

Ill give them this. but its not THAT much more secure as long as one does not just add every app from the respective market

EVERY OS has periodic problems including BB. There are just as many BB bricks out there as an other OS. I semi-bricked my 9000 twice trying to update to OS 5. It has been 3 months since i bought my curve and I have to do a battery pull no less than 2x a week, the "clock" might as well be burned into my screen, and im on my 3 replacement device.Also, I wouldnt call it a reliable OS when the version on most current devices has been EOLd in less than a year. THAT is not reliable support...But thanks for trying.

My iPhone (when im not using because im waiting on yet another replacement curve) sits in my room with a constant wifi connection and gets my email at just about the same time as my curve, renders html email the FIRST TIME, and allows me to select any and every link and piece of text on said html emails. The latter two BB does not do.

now youre just making stuff up. If you would have said Android instead of Apple......i still would call BS...but the one thing iPhones handle well is battery life. My OG iPhone has last me the last day and a half. I do twice as much on it as on my Curve because Safari doesnt crash every time i try to load a web page larger than a throwing pebble (figurative measurement obviously).

Seriously....the keyboard "feels professional"?? What?!?!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Im not gonna lie to you and say BB keyboards are beastly. The 9000 keyboard is my fav of all time. but phones like the G2 have seriously awesome keyboards. Swype is REALLY awesome. Dont knock it till ya try it man.

Im talking about the financial state where they are laying off employees. Have investors and shareholders that are dropping them altogether....have employees pissed off.....that financial state.

Also, there are many businesses out there that are also picking up Apple devices. Also there are many consumers that have picked BBs in the past. Im saying that RIM would be smart to encroach upon Apple and Androids markets the same way that those entities are encroaching upon its own target market. Competition....

Lastly, my comment was very serious albeit not based on a hard fact Bolds are well built devices. And im not bothered by you taking me serious...
    That's cool, you probably (maybe) owned a lot of cellphones. However, I do meetup periodically with other professionals in business and finance and get to hear the testimonials and experiences of many sources versus just one person. Seeing how most have recommended Blackberries over the other smartphones made my decision for a phone pretty easy.

According to the testimonials of many business professionals (and those in IT) that I meetup with, Blackberry is still the undisputed king in security, even in the consumer side. I use BIS, and seeing how easy it is to pick off data from Apples and Androids, I would not trust my data to any other smartphone.

I agree, every OS have their bugs, problems and reliability issues, but when you look at the overall picture, Blackberry has the fewest among the other smartphone makes, especially among surveys with various businesses across the globe. Not surprising that the enterprise/business users use Blackberries.

Regarding email, none of my associates with Apples and Android can stand receiving AND ESPECIALLY SENDING emails. For me this easy and I do tons of them for everyday. Heck, it's so easy and effortless that I do most of it now on my phone than on my pc!

When 15+ people I have met in a meeting complain about the short battery life of their iphones, how can one question it? (I should note that this was just one meeting - care for me to tell you about the other meetings? )

Yes, the keyboard is professional. Many on the market tend to be too soft (Samsung Replenish), a bit too wide (EVO Shift) or too close together (Motorola XPRT). Blackberry got this right, so hence, their keyboards deserve to be truly called "professional."

Your financial statement is quite hilarious, especially to a business/finance professional as myself. Sure they have some layoffs and some angry employees, but their balance sheet and income stream is clean and strong, with expanded growth in world markets. Whatever financial state you have been talking about seems to be imaginary and most likely made up by you

Some businesses have picked up Apples, but the bigger, more strategic firms will continue to use Blackberries. In fact, when RIM begins to release their newer phones (especially QNX), I expect that they will recover the consumer/small business customers they lost and even intrude into the shares of Apple and Android, especially since security is becoming a hot topic again.

I think I have heard enough of your ruckus. You probably would get along well with your fellow fanboys and definitely the cannabis crowd. But keep in mind, ignorance is bliss - enjoy it before reality hits you hard in the head my friend
    Last edited by BBFXPro777; 07-10-11 at 12:29 AM.
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    07-10-11 12:21 AM
    Why in the heck does everyone continuously complain about wanting something new or better. Just go get it already. Go buy a new phone. And hey if you all have such great ideas for what should be, then by all means, start your own company, build your own new, top notch smartphone empire. Boo whooo, wheres the next update!!!, get out of town with that. You knew what you were buying before you bought it. Sit back, kick your feet up, and enjoy what you have. Obviously RIM is working hard to bring you what you want. And for the most part you complainers are exponentially ungrateful. I for one love, my Storm 2 and Playbook, and wouldn't trade em for another device on the market. And that's not just me. All I'm saying is get off your butts, and make yourselves useful for a change. Because complaining hasn't nor will it ever work for you or any of us. Don't come at me with, I don't have the money, but i'm stuck in a contract, or dare don't even bother trying to flame me. I'll just brush it off and move on to the next one. I'm willing to bet that half the things you complain about you don't even regularly use. You're all a plague and CB should be rid of you, because you're literally a waste of cyber space.

Just had to get this off my chest. Now back to your regularly scheduled complaingram!!!
    Please direct your remarks to those that are causing the pain and not the
    people the pain is inflicted on.

Yes it gets old. Some of it is out of line. But then many have a good reason
    to vent, just as you just did about them.

Folks tossing them rocks around in glasses houses again..

Also, Please refrain from insulting anyone..That would be nice.

Tim
    07-10-11 01:02 AM
116 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD