To be fair there are posters who have left RIM who still post here that do not contribute to the negative news and doom and gloom that some others do. I think it's nice to have people who use other devices around because that way if people have a question about another device in relation to a blackberry they can get some help from an Android or iPhone user. And there are posters like that who are extremely helpful in that regard.

I think it is just a small vocal minority that are the opposite.
    moiselles likes this.
    11-07-11 11:38 AM
    Looks like this turned into a bashing thread pretty quick.
    11-07-11 12:15 PM
    Folks,

Dare I open this thread again? The truth of the matter is that all are welcome here, EVEN those who do not own BB products or who are former owners of BB products. As long as they follow our rules they are more than welcome here. And I have news for you, I have seen PLENTY of personal attacks from BB fans and other rules violations. I don't think it's just Android and iOS users being as you guys put it, TROLLS!!

Do I need to embed a silly video or stupid picture to get you guys to play nice!!!!! Or do you have enough respect for uncle PK to just do it!
    rdkempt, moiselles and Chrisy like this.
    11-07-11 01:17 PM
    I think that those iPhone users just want to get a Blackberry also but they don't know that because they are just a bit brain washed.
    11-07-11 02:35 PM
    I think that those iPhone users just want to get a Blackberry also but they don't know that because they are just a bit brain washed.
    Oh Lord... that's exactly it. We're all brainwashed. Thanks for contributing.
    Last edited by moiselles; 11-07-11 at 02:50 PM.
    11-07-11 02:43 PM
    Everyones welcome. In fact if you don't own a crackberry you will get preferential treatment here. Crackberry will delete posts that say negative things about other platforms and leave up the ones bashing RIM. Crackberry lets Phil Nickenson trash talk Blackberry on Mobile Nations podcasts and Crackberry just takes it (at least Renee isn't like that). Nevermind that a good portion of people who still own Blackberry devices have to read 30,000 negative news articles and posts about RIM that seem to more often be posted by non-owners. I guess Kevin has put out the word from the top to let Crackberry die as a Blackberry focused site, keep the other platforms happy and he'll make sure they are still mods over whatever they rename this forum to in the future, because obviously the Blackberry user is not the audience catered to anymore and we must make sure that the Apple and Android users are content and coddled at any cost. Maybe the plan is for Crackberry forum is to become Mobile Nations forum at some point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Jake Storm likes this.
    11-07-11 03:01 PM
    Folks,

Dare I open this thread again? The truth of the matter is that all are welcome here, EVEN those who do not own BB products or who are former owners of BB products. As long as they follow our rules they are more than welcome here. And I have news for you, I have seen PLENTY of personal attacks from BB fans and other rules violations. I don't think it's just Android and iOS users being as you guys put it, TROLLS!!

Do I need to embed a silly video or stupid picture to get you guys to play nice!!!!! Or do you have enough respect for uncle PK to just do it!
    With all due respect, we've all seen personal attacks from all sides. But I think a lot of people here are not questioning IF the other side does it. It's about how much does one do over the other. It's the overall tone of the forums.

Saying both sides do it equally is a cop out.

There's a false equivalency being applied to those who are expressing their frustration with seeing nothing but negativity being the most commented, most threaded, and, as a result, the most accepted view of the forums. You cannot ignore that.

This site actually is effective in keeping people from purchasing blackberries. 2 Co-workers and 3 family members have all purchased other phones specifically after reading the forums. They get the impression that Blackberry users are generally very unhappy, ashamed, and envious of other platforms.

The rest of the site they do give Kudos for though, so +1 crackberry for that.
    Last edited by Houshinto; 11-07-11 at 03:43 PM.
    11-07-11 03:41 PM
    With all due respect, we've all seen personal attacks from all sides. But I think a lot of people here are not questioning IF the other side does it. It's about how much does one do over the other. It's the overall tone of the forums.

Saying both sides do it equally is a cop out.

There's a false equivalency being applied to those who are expressing their frustration with seeing nothing but negativity being the most commented, most threaded, and, as a result, the most accepted view of the forums. You cannot ignore that.

This site actually is effective in keeping people from purchasing blackberries. 2 Co-workers and 3 family members have all purchased other phones specifically after reading the forums. They get the impression that Blackberry users are generally very unhappy, ashamed, and envious of other platforms.

The rest of the site they do give Kudos for though, so +1 crackberry for that.
    If a lot of people on a bb site are pissed it should be known.
    Free speech works both ways.
    11-07-11 04:28 PM
    If a lot of people on a bb site are pissed it should be known.
    Free speech works both ways.
    Except a lot of people are not BlackBerry owners

Thanks for Joining CrackBerry.com - the # 1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers!

If you're reading this, you have made your way into the CrackBerry.com Community Forums. This is the place to talk it up with and get to know BlackBerry Addicts from around the world.

We view the BlackBerry as a serious device that also possesses a lighter side, and it's our aim to keep the CrackBerry.com site and these forums in line with that view. We want these forums to be useful (find answers when you need them), but we also want it to be a place where you can just have some good 'ole crackberry fun with similarly-addicted individuals.

Take a couple of minutes to go through the posts that follow. They will arm you with some basic knowledge that will help you get the most out of CrackBerry.com.

Enjoy the Site!
    The following Rules & Guidelines for making Forum Posts will help keep the CrackBerry Community a Happy, Healthy, and Functional Family of BlackBerry Users for centuries to come. When it comes to Posting Rules & Guidelines, we are not reinventing the wheel here, but are relying on proven rules used by other top forum sites on the web:

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-r...uidelines-113/

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    It seems the founding principles of this site to be a place for BlackBerry users to get together is being lost.
    11-07-11 05:23 PM
    Except a lot of people are not BlackBerry owners
    It seems the founding principles of this site to be a place for BlackBerry users to get together is being lost.
    Thank you deRusett. I'm so glad that you went and bolded these words from the founding father . This site was founded for and is supposed to cater to Crackberry users, not has-beens. Mobile Nations has other sites to cater to other platforms. I just looked and the other sites don't have an Android, iPhone, etc. sections in the main forum, just an "Other Platform" section that you have to click on to see the subforums. I'd like to see just links to the other sites forums so that Android info is posted in AC, iPhone in Tipb, etc. One of the complaints from the has-beens is that those forums aren't big enough. Well Android has 500,000 plus activations a day and Apple is doing hot, but if you guys don't leave then yeah they won't grow.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    11-07-11 05:51 PM
    Me personally, I love RIM, I love everything they've been able to offer me over the years and I love/loved each and every device i've ever owned by them. I've never ever had a problem with the service(s) they've consistantly given or a problem with a device i've owned (knock on wood). As for the outage a while back I actually embraced it. It gave me a little down time, some peace and quiet and would welcome it at least once a week!
    11-07-11 06:16 PM
    I have spent time on the Apple forum and the Blackberry forums and have found that the most arguements are started when the question is asked " What phone should I buy or my contract is up, which phone is better"? These type of questions will cause riots everyday through the week and twice a day on weekends.

For the most part we say Iphone users are kids with a kids toy and Blackberry users are business people. If that is true, than shame on Blackberry users for engaging the Iphone kids.

To solve this problem, have a moderator start a forum for questions that are geared for personal opinions. Call it opinionated section.

I own both phones by the way.
    Last edited by TMElectric; 11-07-11 at 06:21 PM.
    11-07-11 06:18 PM
    "Sick of hearing people bring down RIM & Blackberry"

AMEN BRUTHUHH!!
    Why can't we be productive and positive here instead of destructive, pessimistic, gloomy and depressing? tired of coming in here in a good mood and just being dragged down through the muck of other people's gloominess and pessimism. Go p*ss and moan somewhere else if you need to, we aren't your dishrag or your spouse. Everyone has heard the complaints about a million times . Its not constructive even if you think you are doing a service, you're not. The opposite is true you are chasing people away from the products.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-07-11 at 07:27 PM.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    11-07-11 07:12 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD