Is there a way to disable voicemail so I don't have to delete BOTH the voicemail and visual voicemail? I want to just use visual voicemail and don't want to have to dial into regular voicemail, listen to the message there as well and then delete. Any info would be appreciated!
    05-20-10 09:28 PM
    I have Youmail Visual Voicemail.

Its free,which Is a plus, but it forwards everything to Youmails box,so you don't use your providers vm box.

Its pretty good, but I don't know if you can if you get it through your carrier

PM1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 11:07 PM
    I have T-mobil, so I'll look into Youmail. Can you setup visual voicemail to forward all voicemail from my vm box to visual voicemail? It's definitely a pain having to go and delete the same messages in two different places. I'll look into Youmail and if someone could let me know about visual voicemail forwarding features, I'd appreciate it!
    05-21-10 08:23 AM
    Yes, youmail gives you a number you put under your "call forwarding" options, and all unanswered calls go to only that vm box.

You can listen to your vm's through the sms audio,email audio or by calling the number.

You can also pay like $2-$3/month to have transcriptions of your vm's,though I don't have that(yet)

You can set custom greetings for individuals, or enable smart greetings that will use the persons name that is calling(ex:contact is Bob,smart greeting says "hi bob)

Basically everything your carriers vvm will do,youmail will do

I'm starting to sound to much like an advertisment

PM1

05-22-10 03:13 AM
    Google Voice is another option if you can wangle an invite. .edu users can get one fast track but the rest of us have to wait a bit.

Deleting on the web removes the voicemail. Works well for me and is free. I about never listen to voicemail any more. No need with the visual systems out today.

05-22-10 05:35 AM
    Uh, before you go switching I'd suggest you make what you have work correctly.

TMobile Support

When I delete a Visual Voicemail message, does it delete on the normal voicemail system?

Yes. When you delete Visual Voicemail messages from your handset, the voicemail system will also delete the message when the voicemail system syncs with the handset. This is done when new messages are received or when you Synchronize Voicemails using the Menu in the Visual Voicemail Inbox.
    05-22-10 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD