I really love my BlackBerry. My Bold 9900 is just a fantastic device and it does the things I need it to do so well that I would never switch to a competitor. I have been a bit frustrated with the media coverage of BB so I decided last year to make a workout t-shirt to show my support for BlackBerry.

I've been training for a TRI event with a friend and I've been wearing my BB Colors quite regularly. Yesterday my friend Travis and I ran the event and I wore my BlackBerry Legion t-shirt. I thought it would be free advertising for team BlackBerry and hey, as I said, I love my BlackBerry.

By the way, the Olympic distance TRI is: 1500 meter swim, 40k bike and 10k run. So it is not the big IRON MAN people think about but it is a great workout and lots of fun. I lost twelve pounds training for it. My times were: 34:38 swim, 1:10:59 bike and 53:37 run. Including transitions that came out to 2:47:02. Next year I am going to try to break 2:30.

Go RIM!!
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 08-01-12 at 09:27 AM.
    07-30-12 01:41 PM
    Brand loyalty is such a silly concept.

Being loyal to a company that takes your money in exchange for a product is silly. You buy the product that best suits your needs. RIM isn't the local backyard mechanic who you keep going back to because he goes you a deal on your oil change. They're a corporation driven by profits, just like every other corporation out there.
    john dunbar likes this.
    07-30-12 02:10 PM
    I think it's cool you shared that photo with us. Congrats on your tri!
    07-30-12 02:39 PM
    I actually like BlackBerry Legion over Rimpire strikes Back.

Also, yes it is silly being brand loyal. Yet we do it every day. My van is littered with stickers of things that I love. From Apple>Fender>Ernie ball> Halo>Ruger etc. I'm sorely needing a BB sticker. Yes, it's a $ making buisness and I'm ok with it. I show my appreciation for companies that have enriched my daily life.
    07-30-12 03:56 PM
    I actually like BlackBerry Legion over Rimpire strikes Back.

Also, yes it is silly being brand loyal. Yet we do it every day. My van is littered with stickers of things that I love. From Apple>Fender>Ernie ball> Halo>Ruger etc. I'm sorely needing a BB sticker. Yes, it's a $ making buisness and I'm ok with it. I show my appreciation for companies that have enriched my daily life.
    Fair enough. I don't get free products, so I don't give free advertising
    07-30-12 04:04 PM
    I really love my BlackBerry. My Bold 9900 is just a fantastic device and it does the things I need it to do so well that I would never switch to a competitor. I have been a bit frustrated with the media coverage of BB so I decided last year to make a workout t-shirt to show my support for BlackBerry.

I've been training for a TRI event with a friend and I've been wearing my BB Colors quite regularly. Yesterday my friend Travis and I ran the event and I wore my BlackBerry Legion t-. I thought it would be free advertising for team BlackBerry and hey, as I said, I love my BlackBerry.

By the way, the Olympic distance TRI is: 1500 meter swim, 40k bike and 10k run. So it is not the big IRON MAN people think about but it is a great workout and lots of fun. I lost twelve pounds training for it. My times were: 34:38 swim, 1:10:59 bike and 53:37 run. Including transitions that came out to 2:47:02. Next year I am going to try to break 2:30.

Go RIM!!
    That's pretty cool...Good Luck

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk
    07-30-12 04:17 PM
    Fair enough. I don't get free products, so I don't give free advertising
    All of us give free advertising whether we like it or not.

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk
    07-30-12 04:22 PM

I've been training for a TRI event with a friend and I've been wearing my BB Colors quite regularly. Yesterday my friend Travis and I ran the event and I wore my BlackBerry Legion t-. I thought it would be free advertising for team BlackBerry and hey, as I said, I love my BlackBerry.

Go RIM!!
    Uhmmmm ok, so where are our shirts?!?!?! Shouldn't you be on shopberry selling these things?

lmao
    07-30-12 04:23 PM
    That looks nice
    07-30-12 04:45 PM
    That Blackberry Legion t-shirt has serious potential. I'd rock that.

Congrats on your TRI too, good stuff!
    07-30-12 04:55 PM
    Very cool guerllamo7, I'd definitely sport a BlackBerry t-shirt if I had one.

Well done on the Tri!
    07-30-12 08:35 PM

Being loyal to a company that takes your money in exchange for a product is silly. You buy the product that best suits your needs. RIM isn't the local backyard mechanic who you keep going back to because he goes you a deal on your oil change. They're a corporation driven by profits, just like every other corporation out there.
    Your oil change guy a not for profit garage?
    07-30-12 08:41 PM
    When I read the word "tri" and only one friend I was confused. But then I realized the "third" is your BlackBerry smartphone Now just change the t-shirt to a muscle shirt and add "BlackBerry...kicks sand in the face of competitors." Good fortune with the tri-Athlon.
    07-30-12 09:39 PM
    When I read the word "tri" and only one friend I was confused. But then I realized the "third" is your BlackBerry smartphone Now just change the t-shirt to a muscle shirt and add "BlackBerry...kicks sand in the face of competitors." Good fortune with the tri-Athlon.
    Ya know I am puzzled. The OP was passing along a nice harmless personal story that everyone sees as positive and commented accordingly except you.

Can you explain to those of us who are enjoying this harmless story what your posts bring to the picnic?

Thanks.
    07-30-12 09:52 PM
    You buy the product that best suits your needs.
    Well if you wish to continue to get products that best suit your needs then help that corporation out. They have contributed to the world in some way so would it hurt to help them out some.
    07-30-12 10:18 PM
    Well if you wish to continue to get products that best suit your needs then help that corporation out. They have contributed to the world in some way so would it hurt to help them out some.
    I'll help them if they offer me something worth my money. Otherwise, no, they don't deserve my help.

Your oil change guy a not for profit garage?
    Like most small, independent businesses, customer relationship is as important as money.
    Last edited by mikeo007; 07-30-12 at 11:00 PM.
    07-30-12 10:58 PM
    RIM has helped more than people realize. They are very generous with their support for Canadian universities, especially technical programs. The University of Waterloo owes much of its Math faculty to RIM's donations. And the research done by universities is in the public domain, so we all benefit from it.
    07-30-12 11:12 PM

Brand loyalty is a perfectly natural human trait, and we are all guilty of it, even YOU. Did you not freely advertise your devices underneath your user name? (Bold 9700, Galaxie I9OOO, I-Pad, PlayBook). If that is not advertising your brand loyalty then apparently I miss my guess.

But on with the subject matter. I think its cool the OP shows his BlackBerry brand loyalty by sporting it on a T-shirt, and yes, as another poster pointed out, I like the 'BlackBerry Legion' monicker better than "Rimpire Strikes Back" too.
    07-31-12 01:13 AM
    I'm more loyal than you... I got the BB logo tattooed on my PP.

...nah jk jk.
    07-31-12 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD