I was hoping that the upcoming phones would've look something like these. I guess no BB return for me this year.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Should've follow the concepts.-1403764545838.jpg   Should've follow the concepts.-1403764557527.jpg   Should've follow the concepts.-1403764567827.jpg   Should've follow the concepts.-1403764577049.jpg   Should've follow the concepts.-1403764595641.jpg  

06-26-14 01:42 AM
    cool story bro

In other news, I made a concept space craft. It was made of unicorns and chocolate. I'm angry with NASA because they didn't actually make one. I mean, they're meant to be professionals, yet they couldn't design a product which took me 5 minutes in Photoshop. Pfft. Amateurs.
    06-26-14 01:47 AM
    Lol ridiculous person.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    web99 and wasabiGT like this.
    06-26-14 01:48 AM
    That slider with the trackpad is beautiful. Whoever made that should be in charge.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    06-26-14 01:48 AM
    I was hoping that the upcoming phones would've look something like these. I guess no BB return for me this year.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    People here are mean and they help put nails in BlackBerry's coffin. Wouldn't blame any android user for having a bad taste in their mouth after being on these forums.

You have valid point. BlackBerry is continuing to make phones no one will want. 1:1 ratio screen won't work with many android apps. Instead of making a slider they make a half virtual keyboard. Not to mention all the work that needs to be done to the OS.

Seriously there should be a forum here for BlackBerry realists who know how to be critical. BlackBerry needs to be told off for never learning. Never changing. Never improving.

Anyway - not all BlackBerry users are delusional

We just need a section of the forums for non delusional constructive criticism. And a place for people to feel welcome. Crazy concept.

06-26-14 01:56 AM
    The Passport looks better than all those concepts.
    06-26-14 02:27 AM
    @Doggerz, I simply just Google "BlackBerry QWERTY concept" to get these photos. Some folks here actually think these concepts are impossible to make. Haha. They even tried a unicorn sarcasm. So sad.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via CrackBerry App
    06-26-14 03:38 AM
    People here are mean and they help put nails in BlackBerry's coffin. Wouldn't blame any android user for having a bad taste in their mouth after being on these forums.

You have valid point. BlackBerry is continuing to make phones no one will want. 1:1 ratio screen won't work with many android apps. Instead of making a slider they make a half virtual keyboard. Not to mention all the work that needs to be done to the OS.

Seriously there should be a forum here for BlackBerry realists who know how to be critical. BlackBerry needs to be told off for never learning. Never changing. Never improving.

Anyway - not all BlackBerry users are delusional

We just need a section of the forums for non delusional constructive criticism. And a place for people to feel welcome. Crazy concept.

The Passport screen is big enough to display a full-portrait Android app with black bars on the side. No scaling issues.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    06-26-14 04:05 AM
    @Thunder, if it's rectangular, no part of the screen would be wasted.

06-26-14 05:17 AM
    I'm with you OP, any of those designs would have been impressive.

Z10
    06-26-14 06:41 AM
    Lol ridiculous person.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    Why is it ridiculous? He's just voicing an opinion that he liked some of the concepts. Not everyone on here has blinders on and thinks everything blackberry does is golden.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    buwee, H_O_Boomaye, Witmen and 2 others like this.
    06-26-14 07:22 AM
    No matter how great the spec or the hardware is, I will never buy square phone with 1:1 ratio.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808
    06-26-14 07:25 AM
    Some of those look pretty nice.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 07:35 AM

But, it uses the screen very nicely for other purposes. It will be a huge hit. I for one am tired if rotating my phone every time I want to see a video.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 07:38 AM
    But, it uses the screen very nicely for other purposes. It will be a huge hit. I for one am tired if rotating my phone every time I want to see a video.

Posted via CB10
    What will you consider a huge hit?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-26-14 08:02 AM

The Passport 1:1 screen is big enough to show a portrait app at about the same size as an iPhone, so there will be no more scaling issues. That also means that a landscape image can be shown in 16:9. Having had both a Q10 and a Bold, I can tell you that it's very cool to never have to turn the phone sideways.

As far as that goes, having a long screen on a kb phone makes the device quite awkward for any content to be viewed in landscape.

Anything written for BB10 (including games), OTOH, will use the full screen.

06-26-14 09:26 AM
    The Passport 1:1 screen is big enough to show a portrait app at about the same size as an iPhone, so there will be no more scaling issues. That also means that a landscape image can be shown in 16:9. Having had both a Q10 and a Bold, I can tell you that it's very cool to never have to turn the phone sideways.

As far as that goes, having a long screen on a kb phone makes the device quite awkward for any content to be viewed in landscape.

Showing a portrait app the same size as an iPhone (iPhone 4, not the 5 or 6)... isn't really a good thing is it? The biggest complaint that user have had, and the main reason most say sales have slowed for them is screen size.

I love being able to turn my Z10 sideways to view websites without zooming.

And "anything written for BB10".... let see where native app development is a year from now.

Have to agree with the OP on I think the SLIDER form factor would have been better than doing both the Classic and the Passport with 1x1 Screens.
    06-26-14 09:37 AM
    If the apps use cascade to implement the Ui then the Os will handle everything but but for games and apps that implement their own Ui then it is gonna take more works to support those weird screen ratio. Sometimes it is better to follow standard that have been decided for compatibility sake. I foresee there is gonna some apps missing for this devices with this screen ratio

06-26-14 10:43 AM

Because it would be big enough.

Before everyone is saying that the Q10 screen is too small. Now they are saying that it's so big that it wastes space!

If BlackBerry made a phone that could temporarily grow arms and give you a massage and do the washing, people would still be complaining.

Hold your head high BlackBerry, the BlackBerry Passport is a fine device.

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    06-26-14 11:01 AM
    No matter how great the spec or the hardware is, I will never buy square phone with 1:1 ratio.

And THAT is ignorance right there.

06-26-14 11:02 AM
    cool story bro

In other news, I made a concept space craft. It was made of unicorns and chocolate. I'm angry with NASA because they didn't actually make one. I mean, they're meant to be professionals, yet they couldn't design a product which took me 5 minutes in Photoshop. Pfft. Amateurs.
    I love this quote. i know it's a bit harsh but i can't stop laughing.
    Shadowyugi, TGR1 and higherdestiny like this.
    06-26-14 11:07 AM
    If the apps use cascade to implement the Ui then the Os will handle everything but but for games and apps that implement their own Ui then it is gonna take more works to support those weird screen ratio. Sometimes it is better to follow standard that have been decided for compatibility sake. I foresee there is gonna some apps missing for this devices with this screen ratio

I've noticed that Rovio's games (Angry Birds and all its variants) actually scales to a number of different aspect ratios very nicely. Just as an example.
    06-26-14 11:09 AM
    And THAT is ignorance right there.

Or personal choice. Is that not allowed?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-26-14 11:29 AM
    Why limit yourself?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 11:35 AM
    I'm pretty sure BlackBerry has their own R&D department that goes through hundreds of concepts.

These fan-made concepts are nice, but in no way is BlackBerry actually going to take them seriously.
    06-26-14 11:44 AM
69 123