Ok - here is a thought that I have been having given all of the people who are posting about Skype, carddav, etc....

If BB10 is going to be the end all be all of "integration" via the Hub, etc - and it made some excellent acquisitions like Gist and TAT - why shouldn't RIMM create their own "website" for its users (similar to Google Mail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook.com, etc) and add that as a feature to a nominal fee for users who want BIS, etc ($12/year RIMM, please). On this "my.blackberry.com" web portal - RIMM could have web versions of Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc AS WELL AS, a web version of BBM (could make Apps for that as well for Firefox, Chrome, Apple), BBM Voice, etc. I think that the best experience would be a BB10 device and a Webportal to complement. I am not smart enough to think of all of the things that you might want to do via a "my.blackberry.com" portal. I am sure that possibilities are numerous/endless.

RIMM is really already making their own competitor to all of the other email providers with the Hub - and it could start to leverage those with "blackberry" email addresses - or perhaps give them to those what want one.

The benefits would be many:
    1. Website access to manage things for people who sometimes what a Web experience versus mobile...
    2. Allow non BBM users to have a web version to chat with their friends - until they decide to buy Blackberries
    3. Establish Blackberry as the trusted place for your communications - without all of the snooping going on that Google, Yahoo, and everyone else are trying with your personal email.
    4. Create a competitors to MSFT - so that MSFT will have to "play ball" on Skype, etc. (not that MSFT has been a bad partner or anything.

I am not saying that RIMM will ever be able to compete with Google, etc - but when it comes to Productivity and my personal info - I sure trust RIMM over some of the others.

I am calling it here my fellow TeamBlackberry members - you will see GIST rise again.....and I will be first in line.

Blackberry By Choice
    LazyEvul, magutwit and gokulesh like this.
    12-30-12 10:49 AM
    I think it would be excellent, especially since I'm quite annoyed with my Google Account at the moment, and I suspect that RIM has been considering something like this seeing as it's one of the disadvantages they currently have compared to the competition. I'd be willing to pay a reasonable fee for it too.
    12-30-12 10:52 AM
    I hear you. I am annoyed with Google at the moment as well. So, switching my email to Outlook.com for the time being. Google is getting a little too much power. Also, not for anything - but Gist was incredible. Have a look at the old images:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...IuPB0AHa0ICIAQ

yes - I know - a Google link.... Ha!
    12-30-12 10:55 AM
    It is an excellent idea. Hopefully RIM will consider it.
    12-30-12 11:00 AM
    I hear you. I am annoyed with Google at the moment as well. So, switching my email to Outlook.com for the time being. Google is getting a little too much power. Also, not for anything - but Gist was incredible. Have a look at the old images:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...IuPB0AHa0ICIAQ

yes - I know - a Google link.... Ha!
    Gist does indeed look like an excellent acquisition, let's hope RIM doesn't take it for granted!
    12-30-12 11:02 AM
    Well, they already do have myblackberry.com for BIS, correct?
    https://myblackberry.com/
    I can be corrected if I am wrong, but isn't most of this already covered with RIMs MDM Fusion?
    Or, are the features listed not what you're speaking of?
    From a single interface, administrators can access the most common management tasks for BlackBerry, iOS and Android devices. They can even use the interface to access management features on BlackBerry� Enterprise Server and BlackBerry� Enterprise Server Express instances across multiple BlackBerry domains.

Create and manage groups, manage user profiles and provision mobile devices from an interface designed to help make completing tasks fast and easy. And if needed, the full interfaces of individual servers and services are always available.
    Mobile Device Management (MDM) - BlackBerry Mobile Fusion - US

However, I would think they probably own it already or have an application in for it.
    They have been gobbling up domains for quite a while now... Maybe we just don't know yet?
    RIM goes on a domain buying spree, hints at BlackBerry 10 app names and features | CrackBerry.com
    12-30-12 12:27 PM
    No,,...

They should just make www.Blackberry.com less clusterfukish, more friendly towards mobile devices, and uniform.
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    12-30-12 12:50 PM
    That website is already owned by them, but is a link to this:
    Communities - US
    12-30-12 01:21 PM
    So basically your asking for iCloud? I think it would be a good addition to have, but I think the first thing they need to take care of is a good desktop client, like iTunes, but one that's actually good, unlike iTunes. Then BBM on your computer through an app or web portal, then I think they can work on what your talking about.
    12-30-12 01:31 PM
    Hmm - these are all good resources. I guess I was thinking a Consumer Web Portal that was an integrated complement to your BB. So, would be a Web Interface to email, contacts, calendar, etc + would have BBM (similar to the way that Gmail has Gtalk), you could browse Blackberry World and select stuff to be loaded to your phone, maybe it would have other integrations like Box, or Evernote.

I just think that Blackberry would do well if it branched some of its capabilties out beyond the phone so as to allow more interfaces, and ohter ways that non-BB users could "taste" some of the BB services, and decide that they really should get BB. It is hard to get how good BB is, if you never interact with one.
    12-30-12 02:26 PM
    It is an excellent idea. Hopefully RIM will consider it.
    RIM recently sold-off NewBay which was supposed to be their cloud-play. Alas, RIM is spinning off everything not hardware or system software related. Expect to see technical support spun-off entirely to further improve the financial statements then RIM will join the ranks of the "big boys" while their clients grow increasingly incensed. By trying to appeal to the First World and the Third World profit margins are in decline as revenues stagnate or decrease. Smartphone designs are stagnate and reflect the state of the art of 2005.
    12-30-12 04:21 PM
    ^You forget to mention that they took what they wanted from Newbay and sold the rest, I would assume that some sort of cloud funcion was one of the things they took...
    12-30-12 04:31 PM
    At least lets have a website that all mobile platforms can use to comunicate with BB users on BBM Video! Lets see apple block that!!
    12-30-12 08:57 PM
    Yes! There has got to be something that lets non-BBM users access BBM people. Also - BlackberryLeaks just asked what if BBM had a desktop version.
    12-31-12 09:40 AM