View Poll Results: Pre-Order's In December?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

24 72.73%
  • No...

9 27.27%
    RIM stated they were releasing device info at the launch, however, the only info they would need for a pre-order is "QWERTY BB10" and "Full-touch BB10" and some basic specs.
    What do you guys think?
    11-14-12 03:20 PM
    In most markets RIM sell through carriers not direct, so they would struggle. Also without specs not many people beyond the faithful followers that hang around here would pre-order.
    11-14-12 03:45 PM
    No its too early. People arent going to prepay for a phone that they havent see yet and wont be released for 2 months
    mcmolineux and Plazmic Flame like this.
    11-14-12 04:55 PM
    iPhone?

I say, if you can do it, then do it. The cash influx would be welcome and I know plenty of users here would pre-order.
    11-14-12 05:02 PM
    I think they should come out with some kind of gimmick like a non-committal pre-order.
    That way people can get "in line" for them or "take a number" but back out if the price is too steep or they don't like the product. This would give it some publicity.
    You would get a "number" which would guarantee you get one of the first phones on the day it is released, depending on where you are in the line.
    Also, they can start dumping more information about the product specs in late December but hold back other info for the release date.
    Anything to get the buzz going a month or so ahead of time.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-14-12 05:07 PM
    Maybe they can just do it online. Then they can say how many people have shown interest in buying them when they are released if the numbers are high enough.
    They can also poke fun at how people wait outside in the cold for iPhones in the days of internet commerce.
    How primitive would waiting in line outside seem in comparison to something more sophisticated and internet-aged?
    travaz likes this.
    11-14-12 05:12 PM
    How about offering OS 7 owners a huge discount on release.
    bitek likes this.
    11-14-12 05:15 PM
    No its too early. People arent going to prepay for a phone that they havent see yet and wont be released for 2 months
    Exactly.
    11-14-12 05:17 PM
    I think they should come out with some kind of gimmick like a non-committal pre-order.
    That way people can get "in line" for them or "take a number" but back out if the price is too steep or they don't like the product. This would give it some publicity.
    You would get a "number" which would guarantee you get one of the first phones on the day it is released, depending on where you are in the line.
    Also, they can start dumping more information about the product specs in late December but hold back other info for the release date.
    Anything to get the buzz going a month or so ahead of time.
    I like the idea of that.
    11-14-12 05:38 PM
    Then, RIM can allow these people to confirm their intentions after the pricing and spec announcements have been made.
    Also, with some stores, you can order online and then have it delivered or pick it up at a location of your choice.
    RIM could allow those people who pre-order to say they want to pick it up at the nearest Bestbuy or Bell store and then it would be held at the store for them and available the day of the release.
    Otherwise, they can have it mailed to them.
    11-14-12 06:41 PM
    THIS or $100 dollars off Gift Card towards accessories.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-14-12 07:12 PM
    Pre-orders should start on January 30, 2013 after they do the announcement. If they started it in December, realistically, the majority of the population would be like: "Blackberry? Blackberry 10? What is this?"

Which of course would not be good for RIM.
    11-14-12 07:42 PM
    RIM needs to start their marketing campaigns for Mass Media and Internet. Give the official teasers or something. Giving more room for people who already has the bb10 EU to explore and share with everybody. And if this runs well, at the end of December, RIM can start pre-order for BB10. I already do and demonstrate BB10AD Rev A to some of people and they love what they've seen, feel, touch, and try the BB10AD. Even some of them try to bid the BB10AD Rev A which I brought.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    11-14-12 08:31 PM
    I believe very late december. 1 month before official launch can be good if they release (read : leak) specs and some amazing features video. This could somehow lower the consequences of Christmas being missed for launch ... one may be tempted to wait with a physical coupon in hands.
    11-15-12 04:07 AM
    Not on my account. Because of the delays I used my upgrade and won't have it back until about 3 months after launch.
    11-15-12 10:16 AM
    It would be a good way to capture some of the "Christmas Money". I really like the idea of making fun of the Apple folks standing out in the cold but the media wont film a bunch of people ordering online. With Computer tech it should be easy for the person pre ordering the phone to pick a carrier and pass that info along to the carrier as a lead. The carrier could then follow up with an email saying your phone will be shipped on 1-31-2012. Still giving the person the chance to change carriers or cancel.
    11-15-12 02:57 PM
    I think RIM can make the non-binding pre-order feature available on its website and then, if the numbers are high, they can announce the number to the media. It would also be a great way to judge the level of consumer interest and know whether or not they have to ramp up production or keep it modest. I like the idea of having the person specify what carrier they want to use and maybe even what store they want to pick it up at (if not having it mailed to them).
    They could even allow people to print off their order slips, like you can now for baseball games, and go to the store, have the ticket scanned, be let in and get your phone without waiting in line.
    They could have the people walk by a line of freezing people, sitting on lawnchairs with sleeping bags, waiting for some unspecified other smartphone release, be let into the store, come out in a few minutes with the phone and make a call on the phone as they walk by the people still freezing in line.
    11-15-12 03:51 PM
    how about free Playbook with bb10 pre-order. that would be just awesome.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    11-15-12 04:45 PM
    how about free Playbook with bb10 pre-order. that would be just awesome.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    I already have one, I'm trying to save money LOL. Maybe an updated pb!
    11-15-12 04:52 PM