I was browsing around the interweb today when I came across this post (I know it's a little old now):

Microsoft flattered with Apples iOS 5 Windows Phone features | WinRumors

I read through the features and bar one or two, all the features that Apple and WP have introduced are sitting on my Bold 9700.

So, should RIM be flattered that their features are making it into other phones?

Should they make more noise about the fact BlackBerry phones actually do these things that people want already?
    07-30-11 07:11 AM
    Absolutely not to both. These are normal progressions, responses to user needs / request, and very intelligent ways to stay competitive / relevant.

Platforms aside, fairly soon, from a feature set standpoint, there will be little to differentiate competing devices.

Hardware, aesthetics, ergonimics and user perception are a whole 'nother ballgame

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 07:57 AM
    AG!!!! Good to see you back!

I agree with AG, nothing to be flattered about it is natural progression, copying? I think it is more integrating what users want into your OS, and platform.
    Apple shouldn't be flattered everyone is making app enviroments, it is just what the market dictates

07-30-11 10:02 AM
    Absolutely not to both. These are normal progressions, responses to user needs / request, and very intelligent ways to stay competitive / relevant.

Platforms aside, fairly soon, from a feature set standpoint, there will be little to differentiate competing devices.

Hardware, aesthetics, ergonimics and user perception are a whole 'nother ballgame

Welcome back AG! I agree with what you said.
    07-30-11 10:17 AM
    yeah, I think RIM should. heck, soon every phone will have the same features lol

07-30-11 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD