03-28-12 11:37 AM
32 12
tools
    How about just a decent FB App.....????????
    What's wrong with the FB application? It's the best integrated app across all platforms.
    On my 9810..I CAN NOT STOP gaming updates. When my FB friends play a game, it updates on my BB FB app. The PB app is the same!!!
    Yeah, yeah,.....I know,,, turn it off....I did!!!!
    All that bs is turned off on my comp....and I don't get it on my comp....and I never got it on the HTC Vivid I was using for a couple months.
    No matter what I do, those stupid gaming updates will not stop showing up on any BB FB app.

>EDIT<.....And please....if someone really knows how to turn this crap off...please tell me how, don't say "turn them off on your computer".
    Last edited by berryjunkie; 03-28-12 at 08:01 AM.
    03-28-12 07:39 AM
    I think it would be cool to have your pictures (on the phone) and be able to click on it (tap whatever) select share and have it posted on your BBM profile after it was shared/sent to your friend(s)/associate(s) whatever. Then any comment would be posted within the group and viewable on that persons profile. Something like that anyway...

So I like what deRusset says and hopefully RIM will have a "share with" option alongside the send to option, or perhaps a blending of the two eventually....one can hope and could be possible on larger all screen phones.
    03-28-12 10:32 AM
    I think there are already 1000s of facebook alternatives and Facebook's app for Blackberry is good and is enough to social network. RIM already has the social and helpful BBM and other social apps to pair with that.

They have their network and there is no point to having their own social network

Its pointless and is going to be a waste of money.
    03-28-12 10:35 AM
    ^^^^ there are already 1000s of the same app in iTunes app store, that hasn't stopped anybody has it?
    03-28-12 10:38 AM
    sorry this will be long, I think they should make BBM have more functions. yes, i love the app now and think that its great, but like someone said earlier they need to connect it with facebook. I also think they should connect it with tumblr, twitter, and other apps like that. I think that BB needs an app that is like tumblr or instagram, where you can share pictures and send them to friends, but just have it for your contacts. maybe have an app that has the database of tumblr, instagram, pinterest, stumbleupon, etc, so you have access to all of those posts in one central place (much how the social networking app is now, where you just slide over to switch from fb to twitter etc). Then from this, when you see a picture that reminds you of someone or somethin, you could hit menu, share, and choose a phone CONTACT, not have to be someone who also uses bbm. anyone else ever thought about this? I think this would be the greatest integration of websites like tumblr and stuff, that you could use on a more personal level. and maybe share your activities on facebook or whatever account that you would like, with it having a little "shared from BBM" at the bottom of the post. any thoughts?
    03-28-12 10:48 AM
    As of OS6 I think you can "send" a picture to Facebook. RIM could have a setup page to select websites that work that way.
    I'd like the ability to tag people from the picture app, have that picture shared to the BBM contact, be automatically downloaded to their phone. Companies could have a tag for problems or incidents: something business related and that would be pushed to people in a group too.

All kinds of possibilities. I like the "shared from BBM" and IDK if someone suggested it or in my mind, but have the BBM icon at the top of the pictures' thumbnail if it is shared through BBM. So if thats the case you would see a page with comments (if any) when you clicked on it.
    03-28-12 11:21 AM
    All kinds of possibilities. I like the "shared from BBM" and IDK if someone suggested it or in my mind, but have the BBM icon at the top of the pictures' thumbnail if it is shared through BBM. So if thats the case you would see a page with comments (if any) when you clicked on it.
    Yea that's what I'm thinkin, think it would be very cool.
    03-28-12 11:37 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD