OP, here is the difference. It's true that Porsch sells much less cars than Chevy, but you cannot overlook these points

a. Porsche sells enough cars in order to maintain a healthy profit and maintain a good cash flow, while BlackBerry is not selling enough Z10's and Q10's to prevent it from massive losses. Having a prenium price only works if you can sell enough devices at that price to maintain a profit and a healthy cash flow.

b. Porsche whether you like them or not is, has a very positive customer perception and an excellent brand name. BlackBerry at this time has a very negative customer perception.

c. People associate Porsche with luxury, speed, power, exclusivity and prestige. The BlackBerry is nowhere near that level of customer perception.

Given all of these factors, it is insane for BlackBerry to even try to price itself at the same level as the prenium devices from Samsung and Apple, as it's reputation and customer perception is nowhere as close to them.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    10-06-13 08:06 AM
    That's fine, tell me what you're using 2.6 ghz for? My computer has 2.12ghz and it runs just fine, no lag there. The screen portion on the z30 i might agree on, not till I see it in person though. I'm sorry but I never have lag on my 1.5 ghz z10 with ALL 8 apps open, that's proof you don't need 5ghz. Tell me what you need 2.6ghz for? It's sure as hell isn't a computer. Have you used a z10 yet? Or are you just going by specs? My nexus 7 with 1.2 ghz runs buttery smooth, but when it comes to gaming it sucks at times, 1.5 would've been perfect. It also has 720p but you know what? It doesn't look TOO bad, it would've definitely benefited from 1080p though. When everything on your phone is in sync, from your OS to the processor there shouldn't be any lag. IMO specs are all fluff, they aren't the only thing that determines a phones speed and smoothness. Screen resolution is all fluff, it also has to do with what kind of screen, if the z30 had an lcd i definitely think it would look sharp.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    Who said I need a 2.6GHz processor? I didn't, did I? It is not about needing any of the specs for me. Android isn't a resource hog like BB10. It doesn't need specs like a dual-core processor and 2gb of RAM just to run properly. The Nexus S is proof of that. The Nexus S is 3 years old now, has a single core processor clocked at 1000mhz and only 512mb of RAM and it still runs Android 4.3 fine. There are videos showing that.

It isn't about "need". It is about "why not?". The LG G2 costs as low as $140 on contract and $600 off contract. So why not buy it? It is priced the same or cheaper than a Z30 is, so why not buy the device with much, much better hardware and software? I'm not a fool with my money. I would rather buy the best device I can get for the money than over pay for a phone with old hardware. If I am going to pay the money for a new phone, it had better have substantially better hardware than my previous phone.

That is how I feel. When you boil it down, the Z30 costs the same or more than my G2. So why not buy the phone that has an insane 2.6GHz processor?

And to answer your question about the Z10, yes I have used it. I just sold my second LEZ10 on this website. You can check in the market place for proof of that. I've used a Z10. Have you used a LG G2?
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    10-06-13 08:28 AM
    Who said I need a 2.6GHz processor? I didn't, did I? It is not about needing any of the specs for me. Android isn't a resource hog like BB10. It doesn't need specs like a dual-core processor and 2gb of RAM just to run properly. The Nexus S is proof of that. The Nexus S is 3 years old now, has a single core processor clocked at 1000mhz and only 512mb of RAM and it still runs Android 4.3 fine. There are videos showing that.

It isn't about "need". It is about "why not?". The LG G2 costs as low as $140 on contract and $600 off contract. So why not buy it? It is priced the same or cheaper than a Z30 is, so why not buy the device with much, much better hardware and software? I'm not a fool with my money. I would rather buy the best device I can get for the money than over pay for a phone with old hardware. If I am going to pay the money for a new phone, it had better have substantially better hardware than my previous phone.

That is how I feel. When you boil it down, the Z30 costs the same or more than my G2. So why not buy the phone that has an insane 2.6GHz processor?

And to answer your question about the Z10, yes I have used it. I just sold my second LEZ10 on this website. You can check in the market place for proof of that. I've used a Z10. Have you used a LG G2?
    You were saying 2.6 ghz like if it really made a difference. I know what you mean though, you're getting charged a price for specs that aren't worth it "price wise". Bb10 is a resource hog not saying you're wrong there bro, still runs smooth for me at least. BlackBerry shouldve priced the z30 lower but hey, that's their decision unfortunately.
    All im saying is a phone can run smooth regardless of the processor. Well glad you gave the z10 a shot, and I'm sure you agree it was a pretty smooth experience overall gaming was equally as smooth!
    I have tried a g2, it's a damn nice phone, and very snappy ofcourse not saying it's a bad phone at all, almost no bezel. I prefer the bb10 os however, so it's out of the question

10-06-13 08:45 AM

As I said before, you're putting way too much emphasis on specs. It's how the unit performs. And if my z10 was any faster, I would have to put wings on it. It's just what fits.
    10-06-13 08:48 AM
    You were saying 2.6 ghz like if it really made a difference. I know what you mean though, you're getting charged a price for specs that aren't worth it "price wise". Bb10 is a resource hog not saying you're wrong there bro, still runs smooth for me at least. BlackBerry shouldve priced the z30 lower but hey, that's their decision unfortunately.
    All im saying is a phone can run smooth regardless of the processor. Well glad you gave the z10 a shot, and I'm sure you agree it was a pretty smooth experience overall gaming was equally as smooth!
    I have tried a g2, it's a damn nice phone, and very snappy ofcourse not saying it's a bad phone at all, almost no bezel. I prefer the bb10 os however, so it's out of the question

BlackBerry 10 OS is smooth, I like the OS as well, I am just disappointed with the ecosystem and the fact that they still haven't came out with a worthy successor to the Z10 or Q10.

Back in the days when the A10 was still just a rumour, I had my heart set on buying one. I even foolishly told people that they might want to wait for the A10 as it was going to be the BB10 device to buy. I was very excited about the A10 and planned on buying it on launch day. Then as more information trickled out it become less and less attractive. Like I said, when I buy a new phone, I want there to be a substantial difference between the new phone and the one it is replacing. And the Z30 just isn't different enough to warrant an upgrade for me.

If the Z30 had a 1080p display, a quad-core processor and 10 or 13 megapixel camera - I would own it right now. But it launched being to similar to the Z10 for my taste. Hopefully sometime in early 2014, they will announce a substantial upgrade for the Q10 and I can jump on it instead. Because I really do want to continue using BlackBerry 10 along with my Android and Windows Phone 8 devices.
    10-06-13 08:59 AM
    Well if EVERY person YOU know is that way, I may have to concede. It must be true....HA! Nice try schill-boy. Birdman38 is right, and I know a narc when I see one.....CISIS? No...probably dirty American.....

Don't think I know about your Yankee-doodle manipulations to make Samsung #1!! Won't work buddy! Talk to the sheeples!
    I think you have truly lost your mind. The level of paranoia you display over a phone and your apprent obsession with slurpees is worthy of a diagnosis. Please- get some help.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 09:03 AM
    Where do people buy Chevys?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 09:04 AM
    Pathetic Froster sheep....or are you a cheap Squishy quik-e-mart boy??

If you're ever going to say that you can have one too many Slurpees...EVER, you CAN'T, then why are you even here?? So how much is the Mac's franchise paying you?? ;-)
    My initial point highlighted once again...having no idea what a "froster sheep" or a "squishy quik-e-mart boy" is- I may be at a disadvantage here-but please- get some help! If only for your addiction to slurpees! Intervention anyone????

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 09:12 AM
    That's fine, tell me what you're using 2.6 ghz for? My computer has 2.12ghz and it runs just fine, no lag there. The screen portion on the z30 i might agree on, not till I see it in person though. I'm sorry but I never have lag on my 1.5 ghz z10 with ALL 8 apps open, that's proof you don't need 5ghz. Tell me what you need 2.6ghz for? It's sure as hell isn't a computer. Have you used a z10 yet? Or are you just going by specs? My nexus 7 with 1.2 ghz runs buttery smooth, but when it comes to gaming it sucks at times, 1.5 would've been perfect. It also has 720p but you know what? It doesn't look TOO bad, it would've definitely benefited from 1080p though. When everything on your phone is in sync, from your OS to the processor there shouldn't be any lag. IMO specs are all fluff, they aren't the only thing that determines a phones speed and smoothness. Screen resolution is all fluff, it also has to do with what kind of screen, if the z30 had an lcd i definitely think it would look sharp.

Yeah in real world performance the blackberrys outdo androids easily. But screenwise the 1080p ones look much nicer than 1280x720 ones. A 5" screen with only 1280x720 was a mistake.
    10-06-13 09:14 AM
    My point is that BlackBerry should focus on the premium. They have made premium devices in the past and I think trying to cater to the masses is a mistake right now. Go Enterprise, go high end. Whether you use the luxury car analogy, the high end home stereo industry, or whatever product you want that has a premium tier. Smartphones don't have a true "premium" tier, which I think BlackBerry should go after. Quality over quantity.
    The problem is that BlackBerry has so horribly tarnished their name with poor product offerings and execution it, that to keep with your analogy, it would be like Yugo would make a comeback by trying to make a Porsche competitor and price it the same.

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l likes this.
    10-06-13 09:16 AM
    The comparison of BB10 to Porsches while everything else to Chevy's is ridiculous and laughable.

Spec-wise BB10 devices aren't even as good as some of the competition's. Plus iPhone's hold their re-sale value much better than a BB10 phone.

Porsche's don't get dumped down to fire sale prices... which you'll see with BB10 phones soon enough.

This is the mentality that's gotten Blackberry in this situation - thinking they're products are better than they actually are. The truth is the total opposite. BB10 isn't a Porsche... it's essentially a winter-beater to get from point A to B.
    bbq10l likes this.
    10-06-13 10:00 AM
    Actually I said it's "not" for sale; I didn't say it's never been sold. But let's be clear: the purchase of the Porsche automotive arm looked NOTHING like what's happening to BBRY.
    You're right, my fault for reading that wrong. And you're also right about what both of those companies positions looked like when they were up for purchase
    10-06-13 10:02 AM
    Yeah in real world performance the blackberrys outdo androids easily. But screenwise the 1080p ones look much nicer than 1280x720 ones. A 5" screen with only 1280x720 was a mistake.
    How do you figure? You have to remember that BlackBerry 10 isn't capable of doing things that Android does everyday. In a way, it isn't possible to compare them side by side because they are so different.

For example, with Android you aren't limited to only having 8 apps open in the task switching view. I'm not sure how many apps will fit in recent apps, but I've seen every single app I have on my Nexus 4 show up in that view at one time. BlackBerry 10 you only get 8.

Also, the whole headless application mess on BlackBerry 10 makes it impossible to find out how that would affect things. My Android phones can have several applications running in the background at once. Such as a call blocker, data monitor, wallpaper changer, led color changer, and so on along with all of the other apps I am running that aren't headless. It isn't a problem to have 30+ apps running at any time on Android, but it doesn't appear to be possible on BB10.

Also, there are a few tasks that cause BlackBerry 10 to noticeably lag while Android performs those tasks without any lag.

The easiest example of that is performing a Google search in the browser from google.com. That simple task causes severe keyboard lag every single time I perform it on BB10. Deleting several things at once causes noticeable lag on BB10 as well. Specifically deleting multiple emails from the hub and multiple images from the gallery. Performing that same task on Android doesn't cause any problems. So its not like BB10 is completely smooth all the time. And if it was, it's not like Android is as limited as BB10 is.

Comparing the two side by side is a bit silly really.
    10-06-13 10:04 AM
    Here's a second stab. It's not entirely unique, as rarely a post is after 200 prior posts on the same subject.

In sum, notwithstanding its purchase cost and cost of operation, the Porsche is in extreme demand. The BlackBerry IS10 phones are not in demand regardless of its price....even almost free. Nothing more be said about this silly attempt at a comparison. ... Okay, if that isnt conclusive then consider that Porsche unit sales nears outselling BB OS10 units....now it cant get any more ugly!! The end.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 11:13 AM
    I see these claims here, but they don't exactly come with evidence. Zero examples of the how, and why. At best they come attached with stories within the lines of "I tested it against a friends android/ios, then won, and everybody was impressed/surprised/jealous".

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 11:18 AM
    Porsche isn't for sale.
    Not anymore. Not since they were merged into VW owing to a take-over bid that backfired. VW now owns Porsche lock, stock and barrel. Porsche is now a brand of Volkswagen AG.

Volkswagen completes its buyout of Porsche - Kelley Blue Book
    10-06-13 11:28 AM
    Not anymore. Not since they were merged into VW owing to a take-over bid that backfired. VW now owns Porsche lock, stock and barrel. Porsche is now a brand of Volkswagen AG.]
    Yes, along with Lamborghini, Bentley, Audi and others. Ferrari is owned by Fiat, Land Rover by Tata Group and Rolls-Royce is owned by BMW although I think they're still tied in some way to VW. It's the rule, not the exception, for these marques to be owned by conglomerate parents.

The only one I can think of that's not (other than the micro-boutique makers)? My fav, McLaren : )

No further comment, since this terrible attempt at an analogy has been thoroughly discredited on at least 3 key levels.
    10-06-13 06:13 PM
    There is more than enough room in the smartphone market for many brands and premium devices. My feeling is that BlackBerry is now like a premium car, like a Porsche. Fitting that we have Porsche designed models of BlackBerrys!

We don't need every family to own one. They need to find their market and stick to it. I don't want the Chevy Cavalier of phones (iPhone). I want to stand out, be different, be premium. Keep the prices up, make great products, target Enterprise, target "Prosumers", make me work to get my device, like I do to get my nice vehicle.

I have a sense of pride being a BlackBerry guy! and in the same way that I don't want to pull into the parking lot at the mall and see half the lot filled with the exact same car I drive, I don't want everyone to have the best mobile device in the world, BLACKBERRY.

I say downscale and make the brand more premium, make higher end devices and price them accordingly. I WANT to pay more if I get a better experience. The problem is that we live in a society where everyone wants their inexpensive or free vehicle to drive and handle like my "Porsche".....or.......they think they should get to own a "Porsche" for the price of their Kia. That "Kia" comes in more colours and has more whistles and bells and useless crap than the pure driving machines, if that's what you're into.

That's my analogy and I think it's accurate!
    I'm sorry but this is an hilariously funny failed analogy. Porsche sells cars and make money doing it because enough people buy them. They don't need to sell as many has Chevy, they need to sell enough to make a profit. BB does not sell enough phones to make a profit. Secondly, Porsche are likely better in significant ways than Chevys. If you include phones as being the hardware, operating system, software and ecosystem combined, the whole thing; in my opinion a better car analogy is that Android is the Porsche, Apple is the Bentley and Blackberry is an out of gas Yugo with a lot of rust.
    10-06-13 07:54 PM
    Newsflash, the Z10 and Z30's are far from being a Porsche. Maybe a Chevy Cobalt but without the massive sales lol.
    Wow. CB has been overrun by BlackBerry haters. So the Z30 is like a Cobalt compared to the iPhone (or S4) Porsche?

Look at all the "Likes" too. Sad.

Too each their own, but for me personally, I wouldn't buy an Apple parachute if I was thrown out of a plane at 10,000 feet.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    10-07-13 04:25 AM
    It's pretty hard to classify Blackberry as a premium device or Porsche when they are competing against companies with the same price or lower. Now, if Porsche was making 20K price cars and not selling then blame the company. The same applies for Blackberry. It's hard to compare cars to smartphones.
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    10-07-13 04:51 AM
    It's pretty hard to classify Blackberry as a premium device or Porsche when they are competing against companies with the same price or lower. Now, if Porsche was making 20K price cars and not selling then blame the company. The same applies for Blackberry. It's hard to compare cars to smartphones.
    I would put the Z30 (with respect to GM cars) in the Buick class. It's not a Cadillac on the highest end, but certainly isn't any Cobalt.

I support BB10, NOT BB Management!
    10-07-13 12:30 PM
    no... just no. please stop before you make yourself and this company look any more stupid
    Thanks for imparting on us such an intelligent response. If you're not contributing to a discussion, move on!
    10-07-13 03:26 PM
    Yes..because street bikes and cars are in the category

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk now Free
    I agree.....you can put up a 350 bike and it'll beat 90% of cars......
    just not even the same comparison....
    10-07-13 03:42 PM
    Making porsche cars is surprisingly not Porsche main business en devour. How many cars are sold with porsche badge and how much do they cost?
    Times them together.
    Now look at porsche profits.
    Incredibly porsche have on occasions exceeded no of cars sold x sale prices in profit. Thats a lot of profit.

( 1 x shift ) !~ /^1?$|^(11+?)\1+$/
    10-07-13 05:13 PM
    It's the same. Anyone who jacks up their truck or chip sets for engine performance or gets a towing package winter or summer tires it's a purchase for a specific task. It is no different then buying apps to use on your phone. its the same

Swordsmanship Channel: C000C9AF6
    10-07-13 05:33 PM
187 ... 5678