If you have spent any time actually using phones in other ecosystems you will see that your analogy does not hold up.

Performance cars have more powerful engines and optimized suspensions. BlackBerry phones tend to have older slower processors and lower resolution displays.

An OS is not everything. I like bb10 over iOS and Android but there are other things to think about. Yes. Apps are included in that equation too.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry phones? You mean just bbos phones correct? The z10 resolution is no where near low if that's what you're referring to, neither is the q10. 1.5 ghz isn't slow, and the 1.7 ghz on the z30 sure as hell isn't slow. They aren't fighting the spec war, so of course owners of a 1.9 ghz would call it "slow", specs aren't everything, but then again they are to reviewers.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    10-05-13 08:52 PM
    Well that's not entirely true, Volkswagon motors did purchase almost half of porsche in 2012, at least I'm pretty sure that's what happened

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    Actually I said it's "not" for sale; I didn't say it's never been sold. But let's be clear: the purchase of the Porsche automotive arm looked NOTHING like what's happening to BBRY.
    10-05-13 08:55 PM
    I dont think blackberry can put more features on their phones to make them worth a premium rate compared to the rest of the phones.

Xperia Z1 is already $800.
    10-05-13 09:23 PM
    no... just no. please stop before you make yourself and this company look any more stupid
    bbq10l likes this.
    10-05-13 09:55 PM
    BlackBerry phones? You mean just bbos phones correct? The z10 resolution is no where near low if that's what you're referring to, neither is the q10. 1.5 ghz isn't slow, and the 1.7 ghz on the z30 sure as hell isn't slow. They aren't fighting the spec war, so of course owners of a 1.9 ghz would call it "slow", specs aren't everything, but then again they are to reviewers.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    Sorry, but as a owner of a G2 with a 2.6 ghz quad-core, I can't help but think of a 1.7 ghz dual-core as slow or outdated. Seriously, this is october of 2013. Not 2012. Even my year old Nexus 4 has a better processor than the Z30 does. I think most people would agree that at this point in time, a 1.7 ghz dual-core isn't all that impressive. Even free on contract phones have better processors than that. Better screens than the Z30 as well. Just look at the Droid DNA's specs and you'll see how behind the times the Z30 really is.
    raysgrumpy and cckgz4 like this.
    10-05-13 09:56 PM
    *stifles laugh*
    10-05-13 10:46 PM
    Smartphones don't have a true "premium" tier, which I think BlackBerry should go after. Quality over quantity.
    295 ppi, 8 MP camera and a dual core processor priced at $700 is NOT a premium tier device. Even if BlackBerry would have trailblazing specs, the price may come in at over $1200. There is no appetite for devices at that price point from any brand.
    10-05-13 11:36 PM
    295 ppi, 8 MP camera and a dual core processor priced at $700 is NOT a premium tier device. Even if BlackBerry would have trailblazing specs, the price may come in at over $1200. There is no appetite for devices at that price point from any brand.
    So Moto x is no good either? Have u actually handle a z30?

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    10-05-13 11:43 PM

Did I say it's no good? And I'm also currently driving an HTC One, so I'm familiar with what a premium device is by today's standards.

And I do think the Z30's materials look nice.
    10-06-13 12:01 AM
    I didn't know Chevy was that popular

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-06-13 12:01 AM
    Sorry, but as a owner of a G2 with a 2.6 ghz quad-core, I can't help but think of a 1.7 ghz dual-core as slow or outdated. Seriously, this is october of 2013. Not 2012. Even my year old Nexus 4 has a better processor than the Z30 does. I think most people would agree that at this point in time, a 1.7 ghz dual-core isn't all that impressive. Even free on contract phones have better processors than that. Better screens than the Z30 as well. Just look at the Droid DNA's specs and you'll see how behind the times the Z30 really is.
    Why don't you guys get off your spec race...it's performance that counts and I will put a kawasaki up against that porsche in the quarter mile anytime you want to do it. get it?
    10-06-13 12:05 AM

Moto X has been pretty much classified as a mid tier smartphone by most reviews as well because of the hardware. What separates it, however, is it's software. Does the Z30 come with any fancy software separating it from other phones? No. Does it come with any unique features from the Z10? No..with the exception of USB OTG.

Bottom line is..the only people interested in a Z30 are people interested in BB's..which as market share and sales have indicated..is an increasingly smaller group .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk now Free
    10-06-13 12:07 AM
    Newsflash, the Z10 and Z30's are far from being a Porsche. Maybe a Chevy Cobalt but without the massive sales lol.
    I don't think they ever put the Cobalt out for firesale....or gave them away free in promotions for the new model?

OP, It's cool to have pride in things you like, but you don't have to lie to others or yourself to do that. Just say: I really like my z10 and even if sales didn't go well, I'm proud of it, and think it's a great phone that suits me.

You don't have say ridiculous things....the z10 and BB in general, doesn't command a premium, just the opposite.
    Last edited by richardat; 10-06-13 at 12:50 AM.
    mset likes this.
    10-06-13 12:08 AM
    Seriously, aren't you guys getting tired of all of this?

STL100-1/10.1.0.4181/Smart
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    10-06-13 12:09 AM
    Why don't you guys get off your spec race...it's performance that counts and I will put a kawasaki up against that porsche in the quarter mile anytime you want to do it. get it?
    Yes..because street bikes and cars are in the category

10-06-13 12:10 AM
    Flawed analogy. Sure any low end bike weighing in at 300-400lbs with 60-90HP will beat out a Porsche weighing in at 3,500lbs with 400HP any day. However you're comparing apples to oranges. In the case of BB10 devices compared to other platform devices, there's no equivalent extreme disparity in OS performance vs hardware specs. I know many BB10 users would like to believe the hype that BB10 has an advantage in efficiency over other operating systems (after all, BBRY hyped the bejesus out of it), but in reality BB10 has yet to demonstrate that claim.
    richardat and Saiga like this.
    10-06-13 12:17 AM
    Yes..because street bikes and cars are in the category

Basically, what I was saying is your nexus 4 would run like crap with a 1.7 ghz processor. QNX doesn't need the specs that android does to perform at the same level.
    10-06-13 12:21 AM
    Is your signature a warning for people to not enter into a battle of wits with you..?

Your analogy is so far removed from what is happening...
    Well said. This is the problem....the analogy is nonsensical to the point where it can't even be replied to...it's worse than useless. It just become meaningless rhetoric said to just to respond/argue.....yes....focus on the premium....but with no bells and whistles.....lol

I think BB is like a slurpee....but not the ultra-sweet fruity flavors (that's iphone!), but like a mild, dry coke....they need to focus more on the "airy" kind of slurpee with air pockets in them....yes, they collapse and you find out you only have half a slurpee, but some prosumers like that, and like the light, but tasty feeling that comes from them. They aren't concerned about calories, or straws or cups, just the melting time...that's where android falls down - melting time. That is where the future of BB lies, and that's why people of class, dignity, and taste stick with BB - and they'll pay a premium for it....as long as it's competitive - because they are the successful people, money is success and BB people have money! They don't want waxed cups, they want thick plastic cups. But you've got to price it right! You can't charge for a Starbucks frap, if you just want to give people a Coke slurpee! That's what I'm saying. :-)
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-06-13 12:22 AM
    Basically, what I was saying is your nexus 4 would run like crap with a 1.7 ghz processor. QNX doesn't need the specs that android does to perform at the same level.
    Show one demonstration proving this. By all examples provided by BBRY so far... BB10 is a resource hog compared to the competing platforms (I won't say QNX because BB10 is as much QNX as Android is Linux).

[edit]Incidentally... my Galaxy Nexus with a 1.2ghz processor runs like a champ with the newest version of Android. Which is the previous iteration of the Nexus line which happens to have a lower processor than the Nexus 4.
    richardat, chr1sny, Saiga and 1 others like this.
    10-06-13 12:24 AM
    I think BB is like a slurpee....but not the ultra-sweet fruity flavors (that's iphone!), but like a mild, dry coke....they need to focus more on the "airy" kind of slurpee with air pockets in them....yes, they collapse and you find out you only have half a slurpee, but some prosumers like that, and like the light, but tasty feeling that comes from them. They aren't concerned about calories, or straws or cups, just the melting time...that's where android falls down - melting time. That is where the future of BB lies, and that's why people of class, dignity, and taste stick with BB - and they'll pay a premium for it....as long as it's competitive - because they are the successful people, money is success and BB people have money! They don't want waxed cups, they want thick plastic cups. But you've got to price it right! You can't charge for a Starbucks frap, if you just want to give people a Coke slurpee! That's what I'm saying. :-)
    Dude, I think you've have one too many Slurpees
    richardat likes this.
    10-06-13 12:26 AM
    Flawed analogy. Sure any low end bike weighing in at 300-400lbs with 60-90HP will beat out a Porsche weighing in at 3,500lbs with 400HP any day. However you're comparing apples to oranges. In the case of BB10 devices compared to other platform devices, there's no equivalent extreme disparity in OS performance vs hardware specs. I know many BB10 users would like to believe the hype that BB10 has an advantage in efficiency over other operating systems (after all, BBRY hyped the bejesus out of it), but in reality BB10 has yet to demonstrate that claim.
    I can demonstrate it anytime you're ready.
    10-06-13 12:28 AM
    I can demonstrate it anytime you're ready.
    By all means... do it. Post everything here..
    10-06-13 12:31 AM
    Well said. This is the problem....the analogy is nonsensical to the point where it can't even be replied to...it's worse than useless. It just become meaningless rhetoric said to just to respond/argue.....yes....focus on the premium....but with no bells and whistles.....lol

This post is insanity. Every successful and wealthy person I know has an iphone. I have an iphone and a BlackBerry with the BlackBerry being inferior. The statement you made above is just ridiculous but I think you really believe it. When is this nonsense going to end?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 12:32 AM
    Show one demonstration proving this. By all examples provided by BBRY so far... BB10 is a resource hog compared to the competing platforms (I won't say QNX because BB10 is as much QNX as Android is Linux).

[edit]Incidentally... my Galaxy Nexus with a 1.2ghz processor runs like a champ with the newest version of Android. Which is the previous iteration of the Nexus line which happens to have a lower processor than the Nexus 4.
    Like I said, ralphy, go stick in a 1.7 dual core in a nexus 5 and see how it runs.
    10-06-13 12:32 AM
    I love you for this analogy!!!! (Don�t worry. I�m hetero)... I feel proud to persist against the brain-washed mainstream and its a kind of statement to carry a BlackBerry! I�m willing to pay more for a premium-product. I dont want to be an unobtrusive sheep in the flock of google or iOS-disciple....e
    uH...if you read further down the page you'll see he switched to freely admitting the current products aren't premium, but that he only hopes future ones will be.
    10-06-13 12:35 AM
187 ... 34567 ...