As it stands now the PlayBook android player is on Gingerbread?

Is it worth RIM's time to update the player to JellyBean? or at least make it compatible with honeycomb apps?

but then again, how would that work on a smaller device like the Dev Alpha?

>__<

Thinking too much about it.
    07-13-12 12:40 AM
    No, they should drop the BlackBerry Android Player all together and focus on ensuring a healthy vibrant native application platform for BlackBerry 10 (smartphone and tablet). Too much time and effort has been wasted on Android compatibility to the point it has severely impacted other development. Mike and Jim's wet dream is over.
    Shao128 and ALToronto like this.
    07-13-12 12:51 AM
    But at the same time it has been successful in attracting a bunch of decent app ports to the PB platform. Just ask @asaunders... In that case they need a better way to port android apps to BB10 without android player.
    07-13-12 12:54 AM
    I personally don't see them updating the android emulator much more for awhile. Why bring it up to jelly bean when most of the android phones aren't there themselves yet.

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    07-13-12 01:17 AM
    Ice cream sammich is on less than 10% of Android devices, so why get JB when its own users aren't even on it and the Nexus just got sued by Apple AND their own OS has yet to release...
    07-13-12 02:12 PM
    If the Nexus 7 is successful, then there will be some very nice JB apps already optimized to look good and work well at 7 inches. So those would be apps that PB users would love to have.

However, that is only true *if* Nexus 7 is a success. The thing just started shipping today, so we should see what happens first.
    07-13-12 02:38 PM
    Has the source code been released?
    07-13-12 03:12 PM
    i believe it has been released within the last 2-3 days
    07-13-12 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD