Nice to see that you are quite easy to please. Ü
    01-22-12 08:19 AM
    Its hard to find an all in one device. I have a bb and an ipad so I have most of my bases covered. I think people simply need to do a needs ananlysis and get what suits.
    01-22-12 08:43 AM
    Its hard to find an all in one device. I have a bb and an ipad so I have most of my bases covered. I think people simply need to do a needs ananlysis and get what suits.
    Precisely. My phones are communication devices. I'm either commuting to or from work, at work, or in the middle of daily family/friends/activities. I don't find it necessary to watch TV on my phone....I do occasionally search for YouTube videos but it's not something I spend any great amount of time on. I have no use for games. I need organisation and communication. So funny....the last time I said that someone derisively told me I could do that with a 2005 Razr!!!!
    If someone wants to have his/her phone be the center of the universe, that's fine. It doesn't match my needs/wants. My devices are the means to an end, not an end in itself. There are different choices for different needs and lifestyles. My BB is my daily driver, my go-to device. I love my Atrix, but I love my BB more.
    01-22-12 08:59 AM
    Nice to see that you are quite easy to please. �
    Yup. Comes from growing up and understanding what is needed and what is necessary and useful and what is fluff or window dressing. I have little use for fluff or window dressing. So I get what I need and I'm not swayed by what is popular....I stay with what is useful to me.
    01-22-12 09:02 AM
    Because gingers have no souls.

Hadn't you heard?
    Hahahahaha!! Bravo, sir

01-22-12 09:15 AM
    I feel so unloved by Rickroller....
    01-22-12 09:27 AM
    I feel so unloved by Rickroller....
    You weren't a step-child were you?!
    01-22-12 09:29 AM
    My Ma swears I wasn't....
    01-22-12 09:30 AM
    My Ma swears I wasn't....
    No worries then Qb..the "red headed step child" disdain generally only applies to boys/men. Everyone knows red headed women are hawt
    01-22-12 09:33 AM
    Because gingers have no souls.

Hadn't you heard?
    What's a ginger?
    01-22-12 09:38 AM
    no worries then qb..the "red headed step child" disdain generally only applies to boys/men. Everyone knows red headed women are hawt
    eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mwahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-22-12 09:39 AM
    What's a ginger?
    Ginger = redhead....across the pond....
    01-22-12 09:40 AM
    Yup. Comes from growing up and understanding what is needed and what is necessary and useful and what is fluff or window dressing. I have little use for fluff or window dressing. So I get what I need and I'm not swayed by what is popular....I stay with what is useful to me.
    Somewhat preachy.
    01-22-12 09:42 AM
    Yup. Standing by it, luv.
    01-22-12 10:42 AM
    Yup. Standing by it, luv.
    I forgot. It's Sunday.
    01-22-12 11:12 AM
    Somewhat preachy.
    But accurate, no? We all have our different needs and wants for our devices. Personally, I like mine to do as much as possible. It's always nice to have the ability to do something than not. That one time you actually do need that function it might come in very handy.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-22-12 11:20 AM
    But accurate, no? We all have our different needs and wants for our devices. Personally, I like mine to do as much as possible. It's always nice to have the ability to do something than not. That one time you actually do need that function it might come in very handy.
    Of course. It's all up to the users preference.

But, when 'fluff', 'window dressing' and 'swayed by what's popular' get thrown into the conversation, it seems to go from simply expressing an opinion to expressing, at best disapproval, to, at worst, disdain.

That's all I meant.
    01-22-12 11:37 AM
    Of course. It's all up to the users preference.

But, when 'fluff', 'window dressing' and 'swayed by what's popular' get thrown into the conversation, it seems to go from simply expressing an opinion to expressing, at best disapproval, to, at worst, disdain.

That's all I meant.
    I didn't read it like that, tbh. It's kind of the same argument over the inclusion of a Netflix app. To some it doesn't matter one bit because they don't have a Netflix account or they wouldn't watch content on their phones. That's just fine. But then there are users who would use it like I do and watch content at the gym during long cardio sessions. Or there could be users who would use it to entertain their kids while out somewhere to keep them from getting antsy. It's all user preference regarding what's functional and what's fluff .
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-22-12 11:53 AM
    Whoever said rim is losing revenue every quarter and dying, is likely joking or trying to start a war.

I'm not an apps person, I don't care much for apps. We just need to encourage developers to make apps that we could use. If verizom/3UK (or whoever else) didn't have exclusives over skype, we would be using it right now, the same for the platforms that haven't put anything out in appworld or via mobihand.

Sent from my Crackberry @ wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-12 11:56 AM
    Whoever said rim is losing revenue every quarter and dying, is likely joking or trying to start a war.

I'm not an apps person, I don't care much for apps. We just need to encourage developers to make apps that we could use. If verizom/3UK (or whoever else) didn't have exclusives over skype, we would be using it right now, the same for the platforms that haven't put anything out in appworld or via mobihand.

Sent from my Crackberry @ wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ever since I got my PB I've been going to the websites of companies/products/etc that I wished had apps for PB and appealing to them what a great tablet it is and that its userbase is growing. I wish others would do the same!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-22-12 12:18 PM
    Red headed step child? Why not insult jewish or fat people too!

Tim.
    We Jews are too cheap, so there's no market, but......

There are a lot of free diet apps.

Meanwhile, back on topic......

I feel ya OP. It is frustrating seeing apps available for droid/iOS and not BB. I haven't seen any I desire yet, but you do get the feeling of being left out.

Pantless is taking the right approach. Write/call the developer, and help get them to realize, there is a market out there. They aren't going to take notice, because of posts on CrackBerry, no matter how eloquently stated.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-22-12 07:17 PM
    if a company makes an app for android, and it sells a lot, they make money

if they port that app to blackberry for no cost, they make more money - because even if only two playbook owners buy an app, they still made 10 bucks they didnt' have before porting it to blackberry

because the playbook community feels so starved for apps, every single good app will sell thousands upon thousands of copies, not just two, so i don't get it at all - what's the big deal? laziness most likely

seriously - look at all those gameloft games that were ported, they have SO many other awesome titles that could just as easily be ported to bb, but they haven't yet. so, what's that issue? who knows - perhaps apple and google make "side deals" to have development limited on rim's platform? like, shady, seedy business dealings done by greedy corporate w h o r e s? never know

i remember when i skateboarded for a shop in my old city - we rode skateboards, and did good at it, except - the other shop in town - who had more money - kept distributors from supplying our shop with certain brands, so - it is possible there is some kind of crap like that happening, who knows. i don't want to know personally

anyways - EA is pretty big too, they could easily port more games to the platform too - like, what gives?

perhaps all these "developers" are waiting for 2.0? i don't know, whatevz

peace
    Last edited by buckwylder; 01-22-12 at 08:21 PM.
    01-22-12 08:16 PM
    We Jews are too cheap, so there's no market, but......

There are a lot of free diet apps.

Meanwhile, back on topic......

I feel ya OP. It is frustrating seeing apps available for droid/iOS and not BB. I haven't seen any I desire yet, but you do get the feeling of being left out.

Pantless is taking the right approach. Write/call the developer, and help get them to realize, there is a market out there. They aren't going to take notice, because of posts on CrackBerry, no matter how eloquently stated.
    LMAO!!!!! funny
    01-22-12 08:21 PM
    i agree, but Im sure Windows phone users feel the same way. Thats why I dont understand why RIM gets all this backlash for lack of apps, when Windows phones probably have even less.

Everytime an app is promoted on tv, its either iOS or Android

But, so far Im satisfied. I have all the apps that I need and use all the time.
    01-22-12 11:28 PM
    i agree! how can webos (a supposedly *dead* platform) have skype annd not the playbook.

i want NETFLIX ccomon sah ut wih me NETFLIX NETFLIX NETFLIX ...
    01-23-12 03:07 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD