Ive been sitting on my upgrade with my 8900 for about 3 months now, only because Ive heard rumours about the 9800.

Being that TMO wont be getting the 9800 anytime soon, am looking at tmo's other options, including the HD2. My 8900 just recently died out (spearkphone not working, forever to charge, discharges in 5 hours (NOT a battery issue)). I would like a more up-to-date phone, but i dont think i want to deal with Samsungs Galaxy series, because I just dont like samsung.

Should I wait it out a month and see what happens in price to the HD2, or if any other phones come out within the month? Or shoud i just grab teh HD2 and call it a day?
    07-02-10 01:05 PM
    What about a 9700?
    07-02-10 01:10 PM
    I need a good web browser. I will no doubt miss BBM and some eamil features and the calendar, but Blackberries lag by country miles in features. I would also like at least 640p video recording. something not possible with any blackberry right now.
    07-02-10 01:16 PM
    The HD2 isn't a bad device but WM is a dead platform sorry to say. Android is where it's at nowadays.
    07-02-10 01:17 PM
    If I were you I would wait to play with the Samsung. Im not a big fan of Samsung either but that galaxy S is looking pretty sweet. I think this might be their start to something good.

I'd skip the hd2 tho entirely.
    07-02-10 01:18 PM
    Yeah but Samsung? i mean SAMSUNG?? ill be stuck with 2.1 android FOREVER with SAMSUNG! ANd i cant stand the GLOWING HOLOGRAPHIC SAMSUNG lettering staring me in the face. Sorry, but something about samsung just eats away at me.
    07-02-10 01:23 PM
    I think it's worth waiting to see what OS 6 has to offer before upgrading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 01:32 PM
    MY phone is toast. I am using an old monocolor screen phone, and the most i can do is till the end of juuly. IM not going to wait until JAN to see what i can get for my upgrade.. Besides, i wouldnt mind buying lots of BB apps, but i don tthink 99% of them are worth the $5+ they are being asked for.
    07-02-10 01:44 PM
    Why not get the Nexus?
    07-02-10 01:59 PM
    9700 is a good pick. If you are looking at another platform, the HD2 is a nice way to go. Even though it won't be upgradeable to WM7 and developers will probably stop developing apps for it, it still is a beast of a device. However, the Galaxy S seems to be a great device.
    07-02-10 02:01 PM
    I just got an HD2 when Tmobile and my Storm would not play nice! The phone itself is pretty great, but I am so spoiled by my Storm and all the things I can do and all the customizing I can do. The browser is nice on the HD2, but that is the only thing I like better about that phone than my BB.

I gave my storm to my husband to use for work and I really miss it! The touch typing is blech! also
    07-02-10 02:14 PM
    Geez, thanks K1808. Ill be looking for else i can get.. ANyone interested in a slow-scrolling/battery-dying/earpeice-malfunctioning 8900? Yours for the loow low price of $120.
    07-02-10 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD