i currently have the pearl 2 on verizon and im thinking of upgrading to the curve. what do you guys think? also i have some questions about the curve.
    -does the curve have more internal memory than the pearl? i read it does but i want to make sure.
    -also when you watch youtube videos on the curve does it use the whole screen? unlike the pearl.
    -also is the speaker loud?
    - is the firmware version 4.5 stable?
    -can you type with one hand and is it portable enough?

thanks
    07-28-08 11:58 PM
    YES upgrade
    YES
    NO
    YES
    YES, but still in Beta
    YES/YES

you welcome
    07-29-08 12:28 AM
    YES upgrade
    YES
    NO
    YES
    YES, but still in Beta
    YES/YES

you welcome

I agree with the answers!
    07-29-08 12:45 AM
    alright im going to upgrade. thanks for the help. also just out of curiosity has the firmware 4.5 ever crashed on you? thanks again
    07-29-08 12:46 AM
    I love this forum, but these people are Curve crazy! Lol. I love my Pearl. My best friend has a Curve. I have "played" with it a lot. It's great, but I like my Pearl better. Get your hands on a Curve and see what you think. If you are looking for more memory and features; I would just wait on the Bold. Just my 2 cents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 12:47 AM
    alright im going to upgrade. thanks for the help. also just out of curiosity has the firmware 4.5 ever crashed on you? thanks again
    Yes, it has crashed on me. But that was the earlier versions of the beta. I am running 4.5.0.52 and it stable so far.
    07-29-08 12:52 AM
    ive played with the curve a little and i liked it, but i only tested it for a short time. i wanted to ask experienced users. also from BGR's review the bold is a little too big for me.
    07-29-08 12:52 AM
    i agree with her above me. just wait for the bold . however the curve is great. its all i can ask for in a blackberry
    07-29-08 12:53 AM
    I love this forum, but these people are Curve crazy! Lol. I love my Pearl. My best friend has a Curve. I have "played" with it a lot. It's great, but I like my Pearl better. Get your hands on a Curve and see what you think. If you are looking for more memory and features; I would just wait on the Bold. Just my 2 cents.

Not bashing on the pearl, its a cute little toy. But i like the full qwerty keyboard and the bigger screen and the sexy curves on the curve.
    07-29-08 12:54 AM

I gotta 2nd this, i've been playing with curves for almost a year and have helped a few friends with their vzw curves since they came out, if you have a vzw pearl now, wait.. The thunder and bold will be out soon enough, if you get a curve you'll be bored pretty quick. Bigger screen, qwerty(with small buttons) and a bit more internal memory, but that's it. Video sux, half the time an mms will lock out your audio, and it's a bigger pearl.
    Not hatin, but I wouldn't pay extra for what you get.
    My .02

07-29-08 12:58 AM
    Not bashing on the pearl, its a cute little toy. But i like the full qwerty keyboard and the bigger screen and the sexy curves on the curve.
    This is what I meant by "curve crazy. " lol.

07-29-08 01:02 AM
    I agree with waiting for the newer BB models. You'll be rewarded for your patience I'll be switching to the bold or javelin as well, whichever releases first.

07-29-08 01:12 AM
    If you can afford it... GO AHEAD AND GET A BB CURVE!
    I love the video quality, bigger screen, full qwerty keyboard, like someone said before... It's so sexy! lol!
    07-29-08 01:28 AM
    One of the few times you and I will disagree. The Pearl is not a toy.
    I have both and use them both for different reasons. The Pearl is every
    bit a BB as the Curve is. And I like the keyboard better than the Curve's
    07-29-08 01:36 AM
    One of the few times you and I will disagree. The Pearl is not a toy.
    I have both and use them both for different reasons. The Pearl is every
    bit a BB as the Curve is. And I like the keyboard better than the Curve's
    Oh yeah! I let the "little toy" remark go because I am trying to be non-combative. It's part of my 12 step program. he he

07-29-08 01:50 AM
    Oh yeah! I let the "little toy" remark go because I am trying to be non-combative. It's part of my 12 step program. he he

LOl, you guys are taking the word "toy" out of context. I mean it in a good way. If i were talking about my curve i would call it my lil toy also. Should i change it and say Cute lil gadget instead?? Or do i have to take out "lil" also.
    And to AG the pearl is every bit a BB as the curve. I agree with you on that.
    07-29-08 02:04 AM
    Cool GS, I did take it out of context, so I apologize.
    Guess we are still on the same page.
    and lil is fine, cuz it is about a 1/2 inch smaller
    07-29-08 02:08 AM
    LOl, you guys are taking the word "toy" out of context. I mean it in a good way. If i were talking about my curve i would call it my lil toy also. Should i change it and say Cute lil gadget instead?? Or do i have to take out "lil" also.
    And to AG the pearl is every bit a BB as the curve. I agree with you on that.
    No problem. Just joking about the 12 step program. I dropped out! Seriously, you should have said "cute lil gadget". lol

Last edited by cain0013; 07-29-08 at 02:20 AM.
    07-29-08 02:14 AM
    get the curve... its the right thing to do
    07-29-08 08:28 AM
    Upgrade. I did. Love it.

07-29-08 08:39 AM
    No problem. Just joking about the 12 step program. I dropped out! Seriously, you should have said "cute lil gadget". lol

or perhaps, not have called it a "cute lil" anything......someone who thinks a Pearl is as much a BB as any other should have said THAT, IMO.....the rest just sounds like tap dancing once they were called on it......
    07-29-08 08:52 AM
    yea im going to upgrade. i think the bold is too big and i dont want a touchscreen.
    07-29-08 01:15 PM
    yea im going to upgrade. i think the bold is too big and i dont want a touchscreen.
    You'll love the Curve, currently the best BB till Thunder comes out. I dont know why people are digging the Bold, that thing is huge (best thing going for it is the OS), but to each his own.
    07-30-08 02:01 AM
    or perhaps, not have called it a "cute lil" anything......someone who thinks a Pearl is as much a BB as any other should have said THAT, IMO.....the rest just sounds like tap dancing once they were called on it......
    Yee haw! Pour me some Hatorade!! In my opinion!!

07-30-08 02:15 AM
    yip yip the curve is hot...
    07-30-08 06:38 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD