Listen, I love the passport. It's amazing in so many ways, but there are some times now where I feel like I should trade it in for a priv. Pros and cons?
    05-16-16 10:26 AM
    Sooner is better than later.... At some point you will have to leave it behind, why not go ahead and do it now. That would help BlackBerry and possible ensure BlackBerry stays in hardware.
    05-16-16 10:35 AM
    Do you have to trade it? Or could you get the Priv and try it out and see if you like it before getting rid of the Passport? That's what I'd do.

I played with a Priv for a while last week and it's a nice phone, I just wouldn't like the feeling of being stuck with something I'm not sure if I'll like yet.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-16-16 11:10 AM
    Yeah I hear ya,

the priv is just expensive. I wanted to take the cash I get from the passport to get the priv
    05-16-16 12:18 PM
    I'd get as much use out of the passport as you can.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 01:10 PM
    My general opinion is that you should use your current device for as long as you can reasonably stand to do so. I typically don't start shopping for a new device until my satisfaction level with the device just doesn't cut it anymore. Mainly because of the theory that there are always newer devices just beyond the horizon. So the longer I wait, the more devices I have to choose from. As well, it allows some devices time to receive more updates so there are less issues when they mature.
    05-16-16 01:48 PM
    ^^^^^^^This.
    05-16-16 01:54 PM
    The Priv will only get cheaper. And we have reason to assume (drivers?, lol) that BlackBerry is going to support it on Android for a long time, so there's no great hurry...

The massive specs and features increase slowed down, even in the Android world.

Full HD vs QHD? - not such a dramatic jump...
    Standard HD vs Full HD? I'd want that...

Dual-core mobile processor? - I'd go quad, hexa or octo. Makes a difference... see Passport vs Q10/Classic

Above 2GB RAM? Yes, you can feel it...

Most modern phones will be capable of running the software more than a few years into the future. The difference is, will OEMs (hey, Samsung Galaxy S3/S4!) support it and get Android updates out?

So, I'd premdict you can wait a little longer and keep enjoying your Passport. Up to you. Great we have a choice! :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    IndianTiwari and Bbnivende like this.
    05-16-16 03:43 PM
    Yeah I hear ya,

the priv is just expensive. I wanted to take the cash I get from the passport to get the priv
    Yeah you could do that and then if you don't like the Priv, return it and use that money to buy a new Passport (or the Silver Edition one of you already had the regular one.. Big improvement to me).
    05-16-16 04:02 PM
    Some smart advice was given. The Priv's price has already drop significantly and with the Rome and the Hamburg to follow, it could continue to drop.
    Secondly, there updates pending and bugs to work out. There still advantages to BlackBerry 10 that hasn't migrated over yet.
    And what is it you like about the Priv, besides that it's newer. Does it excel at the things you need and do, above the Passport capabilities.
    But all in all, it's about what works for you.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 04:14 PM
    Yeah do it. No wait, don't do it. You've given compelling arguments for why you would want to trade in a device that you think is amazing so its a tough call.
    05-16-16 07:03 PM
    I have the Priv and love it. But I sure miss my Classic. Which made me realize I should probably have used my Classic until it doesn't serve my needs anymore before buying another phone. I still have my Classic and there are days where I feel like selling the Priv and going back to the Classic .

Posted via my Priv
    bh7171 likes this.
    05-16-16 08:02 PM
    Sooner is better than later.... At some point you will have to leave it behind, why not go ahead and do it now. That would help BlackBerry and possible ensure BlackBerry stays in hardware.
    I would wait for the new Rome PKB model. It will be closer to the Passport experience. If on the other hand you are happy with few apps or use either Cobalt or Amazon , then just keep the Passport.
    05-16-16 09:09 PM
    I own a priv and I miss my old z10 because it ran quicker. The only reason i got the priv is because i use the podcast addict app every day and the bb10 android runtime had a hard time running it. I listen to podcast at 2x the speed so the recompressing needs a lot of CPU time and a good battery. If this app worked fine on BB 10 I would switch back to a passport.

As to the passport, i wish it came in a smaller form factor.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-16-16 09:36 PM
    Not sure where you live OP but I noticed a decent deal on the Priv if you are in Canada. $525 new unlocked stv 100-1.

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/Brand-New-Black...785?nav=SEARCH

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 01:23 AM
    Keep the passport

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    05-17-16 03:57 AM
    The PRIV has a ridiculous name and sales are a flop. It also runs a spy ware OS. You should keep the BlackBerry Passport and get the most out of what's left of BB10.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    05-17-16 06:02 AM
    I had the same issue. I switched from the passport to the priv. To be honest I miss my passport but the priv runs all the apps with ease. Why couldn't bb make the passport android compliant? I don't even use the slide out keyboard.
    05-17-16 08:46 PM
    U couldn't have put it more accurately......
    Love my priv!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-17-16 11:58 PM
    Listen, I love the passport. It's amazing in so many ways, but there are some times now where I feel like I should trade it in for a priv. Pros and cons?
    Yes Passport is a amazing device . If your budget allows you to buy the Priv without trading the Passport you will enjoy best of both the worlds. I am keeping my Passport and the Priv together as both are irresistible and have multi sim card option ( same number on two devices) from carrier in UAE. This gives me the liberty to switch between the devices and both are my daily drivers .
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-18-16 02:27 AM
    Agree with you .
    05-18-16 02:32 AM
    I'm staying with my Passport for as long as possible. Can't see going from passport keys to the small keys on Priv.. reminds me of the Torch,which i wasn't a huge fan of.

Passport on ATT
    05-18-16 11:44 AM
    Getting my Passport fixed. Priv is good, not Passport good for me. There's a few apps I've downloaded, but rarely used. If the Passport is currently working for you, I'd stick with it as long as possible. With the same usage, the Passport battery outlasts my Priv. Both have great keyboards for me, but love that I can hide the keyboard on the Priv since I don't use it for much but as a mousepad. I prefer flicking on the Passport's keyboard. Seems to me the speakers and mic on the Passport was a little better. Don't remember the Passport lagging or getting hot as often as the Priv. Oh, and last thing... I'll click on just about any unknown web link sent to me on the Passport just to see where it leads; I have to think twice about clicking the same link on the Priv.
    05-18-16 01:43 PM
    Getting my Passport fixed. Priv is good, not Passport good for me. There's a few apps I've downloaded, but rarely used. If the Passport is currently working for you, I'd stick with it as long as possible. With the same usage, the Passport battery outlasts my Priv. Both have great keyboards for me, but love that I can hide the keyboard on the Priv since I don't use it for much but as a mousepad. I prefer flicking on the Passport's keyboard. Seems to me the speakers and mic on the Passport was a little better. Don't remember the Passport lagging or getting hot as often as the Priv. Oh, and last thing... I'll click on just about any unknown web link sent to me on the Passport just to see where it leads; I have to think twice about clicking the same link on the Priv.
    That's a good one. I love my Linux VMs, too... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    05-18-16 11:21 PM
    I was totally debating getting a Priv too (like - today!), but after reading all this feedback, I'm going to stick with my Passport for as long as I can. Until I need to go Android, I'd rather not. All of my experiences with Android so far have been frustrating. It just doesn't run as smoothly as BB10. I was kind of pissed about losing Facebook, but now I just never use it and I don't even miss it.
    06-29-16 12:27 PM
31 12