I should preface this in that I have been a huge BlackBerry fan for almost ten years. During that time I have converted my friends, sold them on the benefits BB10 and organized my life around everything my BB has done for me.

However due to a freak accident, my Z10 is junk and I find myself hesitating on replacing it. Don't get me wrong the Z10 is easily one of the best smart phones I've ever used. The keyboard is the only on screen keyboard that hasn't driven me insane, the gestures are so intuitive I find myself doing them all of the time on my Nexus 10 and the Hub is a godsend.

But then there is the lack of support from app vendors. There are several apps that I would love to have for work that simply aren't offered on BB10. If I'm shelling out $300 a year for a subscription for an app, I don't want sideloading as an option. I often see family and friends with neat apps and games they get to share with one another... and I'm left out the vast majority of the time.

I feel like I am on a remote island, with a fantastic secret that no one cares to hear about. And when I look at the health of BB as a whole, I wonder if it's going to get better. I have waited, ever so patiently, the last few years for BB10 and the support just isn't growing like I would have hoped.

The question becomes... do I stay or do I go?
    10-08-13 09:57 PM
    Stay, apps are coming slowly!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 09:59 PM
    my answer to those who have to ask.

Go, why stay if you have doubts, just like anything in life, if you stay with an idea you yourself doubt, you will live in regret.

But it can also be the true in reverse.

I just had to do that recently as well. I started to teeter on the line of staying or going due to reasons that came up, and I took my own advice and left. Got a Nexus 4. I won't lie, I miss my BlackBerry 10 device, but at that notion, I'm also not torn between staying and leaving. Maybe in 8 months if Tigris see's the light of day, I'll be back with BlackBerry.
    ubizmo likes this.
    10-08-13 10:03 PM
    Mmm don't know. Do whatever feels right, but if you do stay with BlackBerry, why not go for the Z30? I know I would.

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-08-13 10:05 PM
    Reading your post it seems you have more reason for leaving than you do for staying. Look at what's out there and get what fills your needs. No one needs to be "married" to a platform (heresy, to some, I'm sure)
    richardat likes this.
    10-08-13 10:18 PM
    You know what you're getting with BlackBerry. I don't think we're going to see any drastic changes at this point.

If you're curious about other platforms, go for it. You can always come back if they don't work out for you. At least that way, you won't be left wondering.
    Elite1, Rello and richardat like this.
    10-08-13 11:12 PM
    OP left because of the App situation. He wants a good supply of native apps. Neither the z30 or Tigris will solve that problem. Only if Google Play accepts BB10 devices will OP have the apps he needs.
    10-08-13 11:24 PM
    OP, from your initial post you mentioned that apps that you need for work are not available on BB10. And you also mentioned that you don't want to sideload apps. And you are having doubts about BlackBerry's future.

If that is the case, then you already have your answer.

It's your money and you should get a device that best fits your needs. If the Z10 does not fulfill them completely, whereas another device does, then go for it.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    richardat likes this.
    10-09-13 05:19 AM
    Stay, apps are coming slowly!
    Oh God, some people really dont get it! It's over..
    richardat and Berry_Pink like this.
    10-09-13 05:30 AM
    OP, go with what will suit your needs now. You can always re-evaluate at another time.

It's not as if you leave you can never comeback to a BlackBerry device.

Go enjoy the new device, hopefully it satisfies your needs and wants.

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    10-09-13 05:55 AM
    Well that all depends,

if you go, will there be trouble? OR, if you stay will it be double?

These are the real questions you need to answer before making any decision.

as for apps, well, that's always tease, tease, tease isn't it.
    10-09-13 06:17 AM
    go for the device which gives you the apps you want.
    one should always evaluate and weigh in all the options available to him/her before making a purchase. what gives you the best value for your money coupled with what your preferences are and what you like... this should help in coming to an informed decision...
    richardat likes this.
    10-09-13 06:26 AM
    Oh God, some people really dont get it! It's over..
    Why are you still here?

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10
    10-09-13 06:33 AM
    I should preface this in that I have been a huge BlackBerry fan for almost ten years. During that time I have converted my friends, sold them on the benefits BB10 and organized my life around everything my BB has done for me.

However due to a freak accident, my Z10 is junk and I find myself hesitating on replacing it. Don't get me wrong the Z10 is easily one of the best smart phones I've ever used. The keyboard is the only on screen keyboard that hasn't driven me insane, the gestures are so intuitive I find myself doing them all of the time on my Nexus 10 and the Hub is a godsend.

But then there is the lack of support from app vendors. There are several apps that I would love to have for work that simply aren't offered on BB10. If I'm shelling out $300 a year for a subscription for an app, I don't want sideloading as an option. I often see family and friends with neat apps and games they get to share with one another... and I'm left out the vast majority of the time.

I feel like I am on a remote island, with a fantastic secret that no one cares to hear about. And when I look at the health of BB as a whole, I wonder if it's going to get better. I have waited, ever so patiently, the last few years for BB10 and the support just isn't growing like I would have hoped.

The question becomes... do I stay or do I go?
    If you still have to ask...keep flocking.
    10-09-13 06:53 AM
    Go. If you have to ask, you already know the answer, grasshopper.
    10-09-13 06:57 AM
    Why are you still here?

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10
    You know when you drive by a bad car crash....
    10-09-13 07:04 AM
    What is this app subscription that costs $300 a year ?
    10-09-13 07:13 AM
    I just had to do that recently as well. I started to teeter on the line of staying or going due to reasons that came up, and I took my own advice and left. Got a Nexus 4. I won't lie, I miss my BlackBerry 10 device, but at that notion, I'm also not torn between staying and leaving. Maybe in 8 months if Tigris see's the light of day, I'll be back with BlackBerry.
    Same here. I'm on a GS4 now, for reasons I've explained in other threads and won't go into now. But I'd still like to be using a BlackBerry, if one comes along that works better for me. It's not as though I've decided never to own a BlackBerry device again. If BlackBerry manages to stay in the handset business, there's a decent chance I'll be back.

If there are apps that you need then you should go to a platform where you can get them. If they eventually make it to BlackBerry, you can come back.
    richardat and Elite1 like this.
    10-09-13 07:25 AM
    Hubby and I were in the same boat. Major issues with Sprint coverge and with their new plan, it was going to cost us more $$ and we were both ready for new devices and a move to AT&T. We struggled with with to do like so many others and have used BB devices for years. I really wanted the Z10 but my gut said to wait. Hubby loves the keyboard on his Bold but just didn't like the Q10 (he has a trackpad obsession. We looked at apps - yes, I need business apps that are just not there on BB10 without sideloading and quite frankly, if I am going to shell out more $$ in a time of such chaos, they should be native. After dealing with my Playbook, I expect my apps to be there. I had many that just stopped working. Hubby went with a Moto X and I went to a I phone 5C. My biggest gripes right now are missing my blinking notification light and the auto-correct spell checker - you need to watch the craziness it replaces words with. The phone works and my husband says he is suprised things are so smooth with his device. His call quality and speaker are noticeably better. I also noticed that the battery on the 5C is an improvement over the 4S (I had one for 2 weeks before switching back to BB last year). I wish BB well and will continue to read the forums on CB and if they can get their act together would be more than willing to look at them again in the future.
    10-09-13 07:08 PM
    Don't be afraid to try something new lol. People around here might not admit it but the competition offers extremely capable devices. Try one and if you don't like the experience u can always come back.

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    10-09-13 07:31 PM
    So come on and tell me now, should I stay or should I go now? (The Clash).
    10-09-13 07:33 PM
    So come on and tell me now, should I stay or should I go now? (The Clash).
    Took 21 posts to get a Clash reference.

Kids today....
    10-09-13 07:36 PM

Kids today....
    11 actually, xandermac nailed it first:

"if you go, will there be trouble? OR, if you stay will it be double?"

OP: Do whatever you want. Enjoy and stop asking the rest of us what you should do.
    Sexy Sadie and h20work like this.
    10-09-13 07:45 PM
    Just so my boss on a Z10 but I told him to hold out for the Z30, hopefully he will be pleasantly surprised

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 07:49 PM

Kids today....
    Yes, I was not impressed...
    10-09-13 07:52 PM
46 12