It's been over a month since I haven't been able to download anything without getting a "909 Application Authentication" error. I have tried 3 or 4 times wiping my phone, but that only fixes it temporarily. The most I went without the problem coming back was almost 2 days.
    02-13-12 12:47 PM
    It's been over a month since I haven't been able to download anything without getting a "909 Application Authentication" error. I have tried 3 or 4 times wiping my phone, but that only fixes it temporarily. The most I went without the problem coming back was almost 2 days.
    Where did you get the phone? Which model? Your profile indicates several. How long ago did you get the phone? If it's carrier supplied, you probably have a one year warranty. If you're getting an authentication error, it may relate to connectivity. You've verified with your carrier that you have a data plan and you're on a Blackberry plan? And you've had them verify that there are no issues? Either technical or someone screwing up your account settings?
    02-13-12 01:07 PM
    9800 and Vodafone, on contract. I pay for insurance too. I have a data plan, always have, and they said my settings are fine. Although they did say they have a signal problem with 3G (this has been happening for months now). I wanted to avoid handing it in, because I would have to copy my numbers from a BlackBerry to an iPhone, they have separate numbers. Unless I pull out my Storm 2 temporarily. The 3G problem occurs more on the 9800, than iPhone too.
    02-13-12 01:58 PM
    Maybe you should take your phone back if it is not performing properly; or at least have someone from your carrier's store look at it and see if they can do anything for you so you can keep it (if that is what you decide). Good luck!
    02-13-12 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD