Just looking for some opinions. I have both the vzw pearl and curve. My ppearl is never used, and I by far prefer my curve. I have always kept my pearl as a backup device, but should I just get rid of it for a couple bucks? I don't plan on switching back.. Hmmmm..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 02:00 PM
    Its nice to have a backup device but I say if you never plan on using it then sell it.
    07-20-08 02:01 PM
    I never like to keep things I don't use. I say sell it.

07-20-08 02:01 PM
    Hmm.. I was thinking about it. But I rather like having two blackberries. Is that just ridiculous??

07-20-08 02:02 PM
    I would sell it - but I know what you mean about having 2 bb's!
    07-20-08 02:03 PM
    I was in the same boat. I had 8820 and 8310. Never used the 8820 anymore but wanted to keep it as back up but then I wanted the BOLD when it gets released. So I decided to sell my 8820 to have cash for my BOLD when it gets released. Once I get the BOLD, I will keep my Curve as back up.

I know its a tough decision!
    Hmm.. I was thinking about it. But I rather like having two blackberries. Is that just ridiculous??

No....I have two curves
    I wouldn't even know what to ask for it..? I got it when vzw first released the pearl, so it was expensive. I don't even know what they go for now.

Yes, tough decisin indeed!

07-20-08 02:06 PM
    I keep my Pearl for a couple reasons, one of which is
    if my Curve craps out, a SIM card switch and a quick
    visit to the BIS site and I'm back in the game.
    07-20-08 02:18 PM
    I know how you feel, for some reason I feel like I have to keep my previous phone around as a backup even though I've never had to send my phones in for repairs in the 12+ years that I've been using cell phones.

You can:
    1) Use it to convert that special someone that perhaps doesn't believe in Blackberries.

or

2) Sell it and keep the money to put towards a Bold (or Thunder or Javelin), then you can use your Curve as a backup.
    07-20-08 02:19 PM
    I keep my Pearl for a couple reasons, one of which is
    if my Curve craps out, a SIM card switch and a quick
    visit to the BIS site and I'm back in the game.
    Exactly my thoughts...... Hmm.

07-20-08 02:21 PM
    If you have insurance on your curve I would go for it and sell it. Put the money you get for the pearl towards a new blackberry. If you don't have insurance I would keep it. You never know when a freak accident could happen.
    07-20-08 02:29 PM
    I never like to keep things I don't use. I say sell it.

Exactly! Lol.
    07-20-08 02:35 PM
    I like having a "back up" but if you have the insurance go ahead and sell it.

07-20-08 02:36 PM

Lol I have to agree with everyone on selling it and using the profit for the next BB - As far as liking having two of them I only have one but I had to carry a Curve around for a day with my pearl and even though I hate using the Curve thing I just like carrying two BB's.
    07-20-08 02:43 PM
    I like the idea of having a Pearl for a backup.Two bb's what a great idea.

07-20-08 02:56 PM
    I have an HTC Touch and Treo 755p, both in pristine condition. I have no idea why I still have either phone when I dont plan on ever reactivating them again.
    My RED Curve should be here tomorrow or Tues which means I'll then have my Pearl which is also in excellent condition. I do know what I'll do with the Pearl- keep it as a backup. Or, if I just feel like switching to it, I'll have it to do so.

I think everyone who uses a smartphone should at least have one backup phone.
    07-20-08 02:56 PM
    [COLOR="Magenta"]I have an HTC Touch and Treo 755p, both in pristine condition. I have no idea why I still have either phone when I dont plan on ever reactivating them again.
    COLOR]
    Lol sounds like you have enough back ups! Lol I'd put a few of those on eBay!
    07-20-08 03:11 PM
    I wouldn't even know what to ask for it..?
    I just watched a new 8100 sell at $182.50 on eBay.

Keep an eye on the market for a while, you will have to discount a little being used, but you know how to sell the sizzle.
    07-20-08 03:26 PM
    Lol sounds like you have enough back ups! Lol I'd put a few of those on eBay!
    See, BlackBerry isnt the only forum I follow. I dont know that I really want to be bothered with eBay. There has been many disappointing changes of late that have affected the sellers drastically and dramatically.

In the meanwhile, maybe I'll come across someone who may be interested in buying.... who knows....
    07-20-08 03:26 PM

Keep an eye on the market for a while, you will have to discount a little being used, but you know how to sell the sizzle.
    Lol....

07-20-08 06:34 PM
    I used to give all my old cell phones to my parents but now I'm on CDMA and they're GSM so that doesn't work anymore. I went from the Pearl to the Curve and was planning to keep the Pearl as a back up (just in case) but then my finace decided he wanted to try the Pearl. Now I don't have a back up phone, but he's enjoying the Berry so it's worth it!
    07-20-08 06:37 PM

LOL...eBay buyers arent looking for sizzle unless it comes cheap.
    07-20-08 06:44 PM
    LOL...eBay buyers arent looking for sizzle unless it comes cheap.
    You callin me cheap, chick?

Well, I don't really need the $$ necessarily, I just wondered if perhaps having two bb's is a bit much. Especially since as soon as the thunder drops, I'm onboard.

07-20-08 06:47 PM
    You callin me cheap, chick?

Well, I don't really need the $$ necessarily, I just wondered if perhaps having two bb's is a bit much. Especially since as soon as the thunder drops, I'm onboard.

Haha.. not at all!!
    07-20-08 06:49 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD