I've been devoted user of blackberry and am proud to say that I've had opportunities to use all blackberry models except the storm and storm 2. Now, it seems like HTC and other "smartphone" companies caught up with RIM in terms of user friendly and browser experience. I'm thinking about leaving my 9000 and move on to HTC desire or windows mobile 7. What do you guys think?
    02-18-10 11:59 AM
    It's of course smart to keep your options open, but look carefully before jumping. For example my wife recently moved from her BlackBerry to an Android phone, and while she loves it, it annoys her that it's still missing some obvious stuff like a hands-free voice dial.
    02-18-10 12:02 PM
    Do what you want to do. In my opinion you don't stay with blackberry to support it, you stay because you're comfortable with it and like it. If you feel that other phones have something more to offer to you, then go for it! I mean in the end, you can always come back to blackberry, or maybe even try a different phone! Try the iphone, htcs, whatever - in the end it comes down to what works for you.
    02-18-10 12:24 PM
    Get any phone that you want. They all work well, each with areas that are stronger as well as areas that are weaker. The Droids browser is awesome (my son has one) and the bb browser blows, but the Opera mini beta 5.2 runs just as fast as the Droids...at least it does on test we ran using my Storm 2 (which I would trade for any phone out there). I wouldn't go to WinMo, as I've had it on a Samsung and it's terrible in relation to the bb or the droid. Just don't get sucked into the number of apps game. You're not going to put 100,000 apps on your phone, even if you could. There are stilla relatively small number of very useful apps on all phones, with most of the rest being junk that's fun to have for the first 5 minutes, until you realize how stupid it is.

Try out the phones in the store and get whatever you like.
    02-18-10 12:34 PM
    I tried it. Came right back. YMMV though.
    02-18-10 12:35 PM
    If you think it's gonna be better for you, go ahead...
    02-18-10 12:54 PM
    Sheesh - how about a little objectivity here?

The BB was developed to be an email device. Early devices had either no voice capabilities or very primitive voice options.

The browser and other programs were added as an afterthought. Now, the BB has a pretty credible browser and a fair assortment of programs.

The BB strengths remain in email and most moder BB's have an outstanding keyboard.

Other "smartphones" were developed in part for the "wow factor." Early Palm phones were great, as were the WM, iPhone and Android phones, but most focus on telephony and visually attractive programs. The iPhone, WebOS and Android phones have lots and lots of applications - many bad, but most visually attractive.

Browsers generally mimic what you'd see on your computer screen but most have mediocre keyboards.

Ask yourself how you use your phone. More email or more browsing. If you browse more then one of the other devices might be better, but none come either close to the actual productivity of the email capabilities of the BB.

The iPhone makes you look like a techie, but the keyboard and actual productivity programs don't match the BB's.

How's that for objectivity?
    02-18-10 01:19 PM
    If that's what you want to do, then go for it. We can't make the decision for you.
    02-18-10 01:23 PM
    Why can't you draw your OWN conclusions from the research YOU may choose to carry out before making YOUR OWN decision.

I hope i have made this easier for YOU.
    02-18-10 01:26 PM
    Funny you said that, you were going the check out the htc desire I was looking at that device on youtube. It looks very sleek.
    02-18-10 01:32 PM
    Do what you want to do. In my opinion you don't stay with blackberry to support it, you stay because you're comfortable with it and like it. If you feel that other phones have something more to offer to you, then go for it! I mean in the end, you can always come back to blackberry, or maybe even try a different phone! Try the iphone, htcs, whatever - in the end it comes down to what works for you.
    whatever floats your boat
    02-21-10 02:11 PM
    You said it yourself, you didn't try the storm2

get yourself a storm 2.

twice i have jumped ship to windows mobile, twice i lost money selling it second hand.
    Remember the HTC universal? the one like a tablet pc? the 'best windows phone'?
    Well it wasn't. and with all widows products, the hardware must well exceed the software. example: winxp recommends 512 mb ram, and it is smooth with 2 gig. vista recommends a gig of ram, and is smooth with at least 4 gig.

unless you can seriously upgrade your WM phone, prepare to be very slow at multitasking. even two or more tasks.
    I think a lot of people are comparing the old windows mobile experience to the new windows mobile 7 which is a whole new windows experience.
    02-21-10 11:12 PM
    Do whatever you gotta do man.
    02-21-10 11:24 PM
    Well, since you seem like you haven't spent much time at this site, why don't you spend some time reading through the forums and learn a little about your Blackberry. I'd guess you're not using it to it's full potential. Once you realize what it can actually do, maybe you'll be happier with it. If not, go buy a different device. Your loyalty should be determined by which device best meets YOUR needs/wants. That's it.
    02-22-10 02:02 AM
    What's important to you:

Browsing? Get an iPhone or an Android device
    Messaging? BlackBerry can't be beat when it comes to quick efficient messaging.

It's all in what you think is important, however, if you think that you're going to go from a BB to a different phone and find an experience that is similar to that of a BB, you will be disappointed.
    02-22-10 08:19 AM
    I would say do your research weight out the pros and cons and see what you come up with. Then go to the stores and play around with the phones, that might narrow it down for you a little bit. But in the end you have to use the device so it's all about what you like.
    02-22-10 08:37 AM
    +1. choose according to your needs not on opinions based on other users.
    02-23-10 08:53 AM
    To be honest, I had a droid which was the new hot android thing, and I had it four months before it started going into an endless reboot loop and I could do nothing with it. Also, the browser kinda stunk even when I changed to another browser.

I've had my blackberry like 4 days and I already like it better.
    02-23-10 09:16 AM
    Why can't you draw your OWN conclusions from the research YOU may choose to carry out before making YOUR OWN decision.

I hope i have made this easier for YOU.
    Part of doing your own research is getting opinions from other people. You can only learn so much from a website review. Granted, there are probably numerous posts with similar topics, but the ultimate decision will be the OPs after he does his research.
    02-23-10 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD