my home PC system is hard wired & lately have been thinking about gettting a router or one of those little usb adapter modules so i wouldn't have to go to the local hotspot to get wifi for my playbook,,, i'm thinking a good usb adapter would be good as they are pretty cheap compared to getting a nice router,,, do they perform well??? & can anyone recommend the best/most secure of each??? do i need a router to run usb module or can i just plug in usb into pc & do it that way???
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 02-07-13 at 06:25 AM.
    02-06-13 10:05 PM
    i guess Router would be a better option then a usb adapter an adapter has limited service as compared to a router u shd prolly get a wifi router i guess and they do come cheap these days or else u can do a little research on it i would choose a Router
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    02-10-13 07:08 AM
    Router, the usb thing is just for giving your computer wifi access isn't it?
    02-10-13 07:13 AM
    He is talking about a USB adapter that can brodcast WiFi, in turn taking his wired connection and turning it into a WiFi network using it...it is about the same thing as a router just smaller with a lot less range...a good USB adapter that is going to be able to share or brodcast your current internet connection is going to cost about as much as a low end router. Just a normal cheap WiFi USB adapter isn't able to brodcast a signle, just receive one...kind of like the built in WiFi adapter that is already in your laptop...
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    02-10-13 07:58 AM
    He is talking about a USB adapter that can brodcast WiFi, in turn taking his wired connection and turning it into a WiFi network using it...it is about the same thing as a router just smaller with a lot less range...a good USB adapter that is going to be able to share or brodcast your current internet connection is going to cost about as much as a low end router. Just a normal cheap WiFi USB adapter isn't able to brodcast a signle, just receive one...kind of like the built in WiFi adapter that is already in your laptop...
    Ah I didn't know they made such a thing and yes I know the others are just for accessing wifi and not broadcasting.
    02-10-13 08:16 AM
    thanks ppl,,, sounds like router it is then,,, can anyone recommend a good name/model that's secure???
    02-10-13 01:51 PM
    i guess D-Link DSL-2750U its has a range of 300 m and its very cheap too
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    02-13-13 08:11 AM