The Q10 isn't sick...oh sorry you mean sick

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    *|RUN DMC| voice*

"Not bad meaning bad, but bad meaning GOOD!"
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-30-13 05:37 AM
    I don't like to wait so I'd say get the q10 now and if they release a device you like better than get that too.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 05:38 AM
    BlackBerry said there would only be a number of phones out during a particular time period. Like 5 or 6. Can't remember. But I don't think BlackBerry would make new phones for a while after the Z30. I think they will focus on software improvement and bbm deployment, while trying to integrate bbm channels, and voice and video to other platforms

From Zuri my Z10.
    They said 6 BB10 phones in 2013, then they changed that to 4. So Z30 rounds it off.

Earliest possible date of the next BB10 phone is March 2014.
    crackavelli likes this.
    10-30-13 05:42 AM
    Get a Q10. Your first reaction after awhile will be to wonder why you waited for so long.

Yes there are shortcuts from BBOS missing, but the overall speed of the operating system negates any advantage for the time being.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 06:46 AM
    Just like any tech gadgets, keep waiting and you'll never get anything.

I say, get what fits you now.
    10-30-13 06:47 AM
    I would wait until the price drops since no one is going to be buying it.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 07:28 AM
    If you wait, who knows show long that wait time will be. Could be another year and a half from now the way things are going. Blackberry is looking for a buyer and so far have become unsuccessful. A qwerty device I think would be out of the question for a little while. All I see them doing is releasing a mild refresh of the Q10 next year.

I love my Q10. I carry my iPhone 4S and my Q10 everywhere. The iphone is mainly used for music and playing games while on my porcelain throne. Other than that, I use my BlackBerry as my computer really. My laptop has been sitting underneath my bed for months (mainly due to a virus I'm too lazy to remove) but hey! The Q10 has been the greatest device I have ever owned. Just have to make sure you have the right software version so you're not driven up a wall

Posted via Q10RR
    10-30-13 08:22 AM
    I picked the Z because its a new BlackBerry. Not a worn out outdated looking warmed over phone like the Q has turned out to be.

Posted via CB10 on a Verizon Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    10-30-13 09:35 AM
    Q10 is neither of those things. I'm not the most objective person when it comes to BlackBerry, but the Q10 is one sexy device.

Posted with CB10/Q10
    10-30-13 09:37 AM
    If you want a qwerty phone....... get a Q10. Why not wait 10 years to see if there is a better one than the Q10 by then? That can't be a serious question. There is a qwerty phone out NOW, that is touted as the best qwerty phone available and you WANT a qwerty phone, but you don't know if you should wait for "maybe" another qwerty phone to come out? You either don't really want a qwerty keyboard phone or you are joking. You can't be serious.
    10-30-13 09:48 AM
    I had the Q10 for an all too brief period. Had to sell it due to finances. I'm using a 9900 now and really liking it because it has the features that i'm used to (contact categories, separate wallpaper for the home screen, the BB button, speed dialing etc). That being said though, I WILL be buying another Q10 once i'm able to. I LOVED the Q while I had it. BB OS7 is great..if you've never used the Q. Once you have though, its tough to go back. Get the Q10!!
    10-30-13 10:22 AM
    I had a 9900 before I got the Q10 and I too thought that I would miss the BlackBerry button and the old OS, but when I got my hands on the Q10 I didn't really see the difference

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 11:25 AM
    I'm planning on getting the Q10 as well sometime in Dec or Jan... my only concern is that places like Fido have discontinued it. From what I heard they are selling whats left in stores and then that's it. Which sucks, cause then it limits you to what phone company to go with when it comes to "plans".

But get the Q10... I had it in May... jumped on the Iphone bang wagon but I am coming back. Nothing beats that keyboard and its a great phone. It all depends... if you need one with a keyboard right now, that's the one to get. If you can wait till next year and see what comes out... but no official word yet on future phones.
    11-01-13 01:02 PM
    There is no speed dial, basically no keyboard shortcuts. Ill give u an example. You use to be able to hold down the "q" button to switch into silent mode. Try holding down q on the Q10....all it does is search.

Dont get me started on BlackBerry bridge.

C001230C6 Suits tv show BBM Channel
    You have a list of keyboard shortcuts for the Q10 here.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-02-13 10:55 AM
    If I were you I would wait. Personally the best keyboard experience is the Bold 9900. I'm hoping the next keyboard phone comes with a trackpad.
    11-02-13 11:55 AM
    The Q10 is great, it really is the best of both worlds. All the people who complain about the screen being too small either have bad eyesight or don't care about battery life. For me, being able to go a full day with heavy usage is a big plus, it was just stupid having to carry around a charger with my old iphone, what's the point when the phones always out of power!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 12:20 PM
    I'm planning on getting the Q10 as well sometime in Dec or Jan... my only concern is that places like Fido have discontinued it. From what I heard they are selling whats left in stores and then that's it. Which sucks, cause then it limits you to what phone company to go with when it comes to "plans".
    Yea Koodo has done the same thing. I talked to them about it because I was planning on getting the Z30 for my dad using my tab. The sales person said that they found that their customers are buying low end BlackBerrys so that's what they are going to focus on. Guess it makes sense. Fido & Koodo ect. are discount carriers with cheaper plans then their parent companies. Business people mostly use Rogers, Telus, & Bell. Not their subsidiaries Fido, Koodo, & Virgin.

This sucks for me because what's the point of having a $300 tab credit if they don't have the phones you want to buy?
    11-02-13 12:41 PM
    I would AT LEAST wait until Monday to make a decision....we will know better about BB's future come Monday.
    11-02-13 12:44 PM
    Get the Q.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 08:06 PM
    I own a Z and a Q. There are a lot of night and day differences between the two. To me, my Z10 is a very capable device. The screen real estate alone is a major plus. But the Q10's screen rendering is extremely vivid and sharp, where the Z10 looks washed out at times. I listen to a lot of music, and playback on the Q10 is LOUDER, crisp and vibrant. Same for video play back. I can type much faster on my Z10 than on my Q10, but I can blind text on my Q10. The Q10 doesn't feel heavy in hand, and is noticeably light in feel. The carbon fiber battery cover helps trim the fat. It's a very well made device, and you will not be disappointed in any manner. It's worth the money.

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    11-02-13 08:30 PM
    If you like legacy features, maybe waiting isn't that bad of an idea. I say get the Q10 now, especially since full keyboard iterations and models are rare nowadays.
    11-03-13 06:57 AM
    The Q10 is great, it really is the best of both worlds. All the people who complain about the screen being too small either have bad eyesight or don't care about battery life. For me, being able to go a full day with heavy usage is a big plus, it was just stupid having to carry around a charger with my old iphone, what's the point when the phones always out of power!

Posted via CB10
    I can't agree more with you. One of the important things about having a smartphone is beening able to use it all day and having to worry about battery life. I have been using the Q10 for two weeks now and before I use to have a 5 inch display, frankly am working perfectly fine on this new screen size.

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    11-05-13 01:27 PM
    If you don't need a new phone, I would wait, it can only get better!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 01:46 PM
48 12