Z10 took a crap when 10.3.2 was pushed through. Time for an update. I'm sure BB fanboys (such as myself) and Droid users are going to be pro "their" device, so I'm going to post this in both forums. I need help choosing between these phones (really wish BB would just produce a phone with the same form factor of the S6 Edge with just as good specs - basically an updated Z10).

Reasons why I want to stay with BB:
    BeBuzz this is my number one must have app. I keep my phone on silent and its nice to see the LED from across the room and know if I need to check my phone or not. From what I saw Droid has LED that you can customize, but nowhere near to the extent of BB.
    Photo Password I love the fact I can open my right in front of someone and they will never know my password- even if they watch me do it 1000 times. Not sure if Android offers anything like this and how awkward would this be with the PP form factor?
    BB10 in my opinion this is the BEST OS out of them all (although I have to admit apple has made strides). I love active frames - it's so easy to get to open programs and close them or switch between them. BB10 just feels so silky and smooth to me.
    Production Powerhouse the HUB is such a perfect idea. It's great to have all notifications in one place but still be able to switch to individual methods easily. I get constant contact from a bunch of different people through different methods throughout the day. I've also found that I really like the virtual keyboard on my Z10 - I was really apprehensive to leave the physical keyboard of my Torch, but glad I did.
    Security this is pretty straightforward

Reasons to go with Samsung:
    Form Factor the Edge is just so sleek and sexy especially in white. The PP just seems big and cumbersome.
    Easy Integration everything seems to work with Andriod. I love to get my nerd on and app support is a MUST. The ability to get Droid apps is a huge plus, but the lack of Google Play almost makes it pointless, almost.

The specs on both phones are similar, I think the Droid is a bit ahead in most areas (I was thinking about going with the Classic, but it has the same specs as my Z10 making it dated out of the box). I know this is a question based on opinions and ultimately will make my own choice, but I'm looking for some help and fresh ideas... Things I may be missing or not thinking of. This is even more helpful on the Android side of things, since I'm not familiar with them.

Thanks in advance for all the input!
    07-27-15 04:02 PM
    The "edge" screen on the Samsung will get old very quickly. From what I have seen, the phone's software does not fully utilize the edge screen. The color notification thing on the Samsung can be more than matched by BlackBerry notification light.

As for Droid apps, you never mentioned which specific apps, so I cannot help you there.

I would go for the Passport since your "pro" BlackBerry comments seem to be more specific.

Just because you have more app access with Android does not necessarily mean you will utilize it.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 04:22 PM
    My wife has the S6 (not the edge) and it's a very nice phone. The software has improved dramatically. If BlackBerry weren't around I'd definitely go this route. But I have my Passport and don't regret it one bit. It's a sweet bit of kit. Depends on whether you want a touch screen or physical keyboard. I don't think you will be disappointed either way. In saying that, I'd definitely go with the Passport.

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    Fidel Mercado and neoberry99 like this.
    07-27-15 04:36 PM
    my wife has the s6 edge i like it and all.... but it doesn't sit right in my hands when landscape it feels like it digs into my hands due to the small narrow metal frame. battery life compared i can go 2x longer doing the same things than she can and for me lost without the hub so id rather have my passport.
    07-27-15 04:38 PM
    Maybe wait and see what the next BB10 software brings as far as Android apps/Google services?

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    3Dee likes this.
    07-27-15 05:01 PM
    The Passport is awesome. Get it!

  
    07-27-15 06:27 PM
    Since this is CrackBerry I would gather that the majority of answers you are going to get are to be: Purchase the S6 Edge....
    07-27-15 06:33 PM
    Since this is CrackBerry I would gather that the majority of answers you are going to get are to be: Purchase the S6 Edge....
    LOL!
    07-27-15 06:40 PM
    Z10 took a crap when 10.3.2 was pushed through. Time for an update. I'm sure BB fanboys (such as myself) and Droid users are going to be pro "their" device, so I'm going to post this in both forums. I need help choosing between these phones (really wish BB would just produce a phone with the same form factor of the S6 Edge with just as good specs - basically an updated Z10).

Reasons why I want to stay with BB:
    BeBuzz this is my number one must have app. I keep my phone on silent and its nice to see the LED from across the room and know if I need to check my phone or not. From what I saw Droid has LED that you can customize, but nowhere near to the extent of BB.
    Photo Password I love the fact I can open my right in front of someone and they will never know my password- even if they watch me do it 1000 times. Not sure if Android offers anything like this and how awkward would this be with the PP form factor?
    BB10 in my opinion this is the BEST OS out of them all (although I have to admit apple has made strides). I love active frames - it's so easy to get to open programs and close them or switch between them. BB10 just feels so silky and smooth to me.
    Production Powerhouse the HUB is such a perfect idea. It's great to have all notifications in one place but still be able to switch to individual methods easily. I get constant contact from a bunch of different people through different methods throughout the day. I've also found that I really like the virtual keyboard on my Z10 - I was really apprehensive to leave the physical keyboard of my Torch, but glad I did.
    Security this is pretty straightforward

Reasons to go with Samsung:
    Form Factor the Edge is just so sleek and sexy especially in white. The PP just seems big and cumbersome.
    Easy Integration everything seems to work with Andriod. I love to get my nerd on and app support is a MUST. The ability to get Droid apps is a huge plus, but the lack of Google Play almost makes it pointless, almost.

The specs on both phones are similar, I think the Droid is a bit ahead in most areas (I was thinking about going with the Classic, but it has the same specs as my Z10 making it dated out of the box). I know this is a question based on opinions and ultimately will make my own choice, but I'm looking for some help and fresh ideas... Things I may be missing or not thinking of. This is even more helpful on the Android side of things, since I'm not familiar with them.

Thanks in advance for all the input!
    I have the Passport and the Galaxy S6 Edge. To put it succinctly, if I forget my Passport at home, I turn the car around and go get it. If I leave the S6 at home, I continue on to work.
    Messaging and notifications on the S6 are a hot mess.
    With my Passport, if my company receives messages through Facebook, the message is right there in the hub and can be replied to directly from the hub. With my S6, I have to hunt and poke to make sure I didn't miss something.
    That is just one example.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-27-15 06:42 PM
    Rooted S6.
    07-27-15 06:55 PM
    OK I did that. I had a Passport then went to the classic. The Classic fell apart on me after two months. I was fed up with BlackBerry and went out and bought a 6edge.
    OK beautiful phone very well built. Was refreshing to have all the apps available and not have google play errors. Love the customization of everything. I just loved the build of that phone.
    OK now why I'm back on BlackBerry after a month and half.
    Battery although fully charges in 45 min the battery lasted me 3-4 hours. I am a heavy user but Passport gets me through 10-15 hour day. I had to carry the charger everywhere I went.
    Sometimes I got a keyboard lag / freezes.
    Had to reboot a lot to help with the freezing.
    Data usage I know BlackBerry isn't using data compression but I started using over double the data with the 6Edge (maybe rogue apps)

Anywho you have to use what u want but I'm back on BlackBerry and I could not bne happier.

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku and gritsinct like this.
    07-27-15 07:04 PM
    Oh yeah you will miss the hub a lot. The messages is a real hot mess on Android ewwww

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 07:05 PM
    Galaxy S6 Edge
    Donvald likes this.
    07-27-15 09:31 PM
    I have the Passport and the Galaxy S6 Edge. To put it succinctly, if I forget my Passport at home, I turn the car around and go get it. If I leave the S6 at home, I continue on to work.
    Messaging and notifications on the S6 are a hot mess.
    With my Passport, if my company receives messages through Facebook, the message is right there in the hub and can be replied to directly from the hub. With my S6, I have to hunt and poke to make sure I didn't miss something.
    That is just one example.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    So a one finger swipe down from the top of the phone and tapping on the notification from the pull down is too hard for you?

Takes you exactly to what you're replying to.

LG G4
    Donvald and Fidel Mercado like this.
    07-27-15 11:42 PM
    So a one finger swipe down from the top of the phone and tapping on the notification from the pull down is too hard for you?
    You are right about that. However the HUB integrates the notification well into all your other incoming texts and emails. So you can work you're way through in a whole other way.
    07-28-15 02:55 AM
    I myself am a Z10 user too. I love the device and it's small formactor. I am concerned about switching to another bigger phone, too. I'm unsure about both of the phones. But obviously you are concerned most about the PP size.

So I'd recommend to get yourself a Passport and try it for some days. If you don't like it send it back.
    07-28-15 03:01 AM
    my wife just got a passport and loves it. she came from android.
    my opion is after using the passport I find that the traditional rectangle phones feel weird. the screen size of the passport is amazing. I'm not much of a gamer but I played a few on the passport and I was like I could get hooked playing games.
    the 4.5x4.5 screen realy works.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    07-28-15 07:15 AM
    My wife has an S6 and it is nice. To me the Passport is easier to use and the Hub is second to none. Also, the typing is very difficult and my wife misses the keyboard. Go with the Passport. But in the end they are both good.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 07:25 AM
    I have both the S6 Edge and the Classic. When it comes to communication (i.e. text, email, and phone), the BB wins hands down. However, the screen and camera on the S6 are to die for. Absolutely incredible. Obviously, the app choice is Android's strong point, and the screen real estate is nice. I would be interested to try out a Passport, but the form factor would take some getting used to. Don't get caught up with the edge screen. Yeah, the phone looks incredible, but it's not worth the extra money. I've utilized it maybe twice.

In the end, you just need to understand your priorities. If things like Snapchat and other similar apps, a great camera, and wider connectivity (i.e. Android Auto, Samsung Wallet, etc.) are important to you, then go with the Samsung. If communication and security are important to you, go BB. I carry both, but I wish the Classic had it all.
    07-28-15 10:58 AM
    1 Passport, 1 Leap, 1 Classic and keep some money handy for the upcoming slider.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    07-28-15 11:09 AM
    Do you want the most technologically advanced keyboard and great form factor or do you want the most fancy screen on the market? It really comes down to that. That and do you want BB10 with android runtime or can you live with Android? I know that I could not live with android personally and I love my BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 11:15 AM
    Play with them both and see which one meet your demand.
    07-28-15 11:56 AM
    My wife also has the S6 Edge (it seems to be popular among wives here). The one thing I can definitely say is that if you do get it, you really must get a case. That phone is incredibly slick and easy to drop. Although I do have a case for my Passport, I am far less worried about dropping it. I've looked over the S6 Edge and I couldn't find a compelling reason for the Edge over the standard S6. It doesn't really offer much value in my opinion. Compare all 3 and stick with the phone that does the things you must have and then worry about the bells and whistles afterwards. It's much easier to live without the bells and whistles than to have to deal with workarounds on a daily basis.

Good luck with whichever phone you choose.
    07-28-15 12:10 PM
    I am surprised no one has mentioned the battery life of the S6.

From what I hear and read from reviews, the S6 struggles to last a full day of usage.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 01:48 PM
    I am surprised no one has mentioned the battery life of the S6.

From what I hear and read from reviews, the S6 struggles to last a full day of usage.

Posted via CB10
    lol i did in my post read above i mentioned how i can last 2x longer on my passport than my wife on her s6 edge doing the exact same things.
    07-28-15 03:14 PM
64 123