Ok, so I am 14 and I desperately want a BlackBerry. My mom was originally going to let me get the Storm on Verizon, but the monthly plans are just to expensive. She offered to let me switch to sprint, and join her plan, which she would pay for and I could get a BlackBerry on there. I jumped at the offer, and I should be getting one soon. My question is, I heard rumors about a Bold coming to Sprint, so should I wait for that? So today, I asked the guy in the store "When is the Bold coming?" his response, "Actually, we probably won't be getting that phone." In a rush, I didn't bother to ask if any other new BB's were coming to Sprint, so I just left. Wouldn't he have said, "No, but we are getting a variation of it (Javelin, Niagara, Curve 8900)" If they were getting a new BB. But he didn't so should I take it that the rumors are false about a new Bold to Sprint and just get a Curve? (plus its red, which is cooler than black phones anyways), or just wait and see if a Bold, or a newer BB does come? Please, please, please, help me decide!
    Last edited by ilovemileyyy; 01-28-09 at 01:42 PM.
    01-28-09 01:39 PM
    I would say probably just go with the Curve if you want a BB any time in the near future. Sprint is VERY slow getting new models (this has its advantage though; usually most of the bugs have been worked out of the phones by the time they finally get it), so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for them to get a new one. I JUST got the Curve a few weeks ago, knowing that Sprint probably won't get the Curve 8900 or any other BB model for probably 6+ months.

Good luck deciding!!
    01-28-09 01:50 PM
    I would say probably just go with the Curve if you want a BB any time in the near future. Sprint is VERY slow getting new models (this has its advantage though; usually most of the bugs have been worked out of the phones by the time they finally get it), so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for them to get a new one. I JUST got the Curve a few weeks ago, knowing that Sprint probably won't get the Curve 8900 or any other BB model for probably 6+ months.

Good luck deciding!!
    Thank you so much! Finally someone who understands. I am SICK of waiting. Even sick enough to cancel my Verizon. (Yep, I'm paying the $110.00) Unless my Mom can work it out since our family plan (confusing situation, not a family at all), but anyways, that our family plan has existed for over 5 years, she thinks she might be able to waver the fee! Thanks for your advice. Are you happy with the Curve BTW?
    01-28-09 01:54 PM
    Thank you so much! Finally someone who understands. I am SICK of waiting. Even sick enough to cancel my Verizon. (Yep, I'm paying the $110.00) Unless my Mom can work it out since our family plan (confusing situation, not a family at all), but anyways, that our family plan has existed for over 5 years, she thinks she might be able to waver the fee! Thanks for your advice. Are you happy with the Curve BTW?
    No problem! Yes, I am happy with it now that I got one that actually seems to be working *knock on wood* I had HORRIBLE luck and got 4 phones that didn't work (but they had problems right out of the box... one's trackball was stuck and completely stopped rolling, another had a cracked screen, etc.). That is VERY, VERY unusual for these phones though, and every Sprint person that I've talked to just raves about it and said that they had never heard of anything like that before (i.e. having problems with multiple phones). I would highly recommend it! Head over to the Curve 83xx forums if you want; there's a lot of good info there. The good news with Sprint is that you can bring it back within 30 days -- with no penalty -- if you don't like it.
    01-28-09 02:06 PM
    No problem! Yes, I am happy with it now that I got one that actually seems to be working *knock on wood* I had HORRIBLE luck and got 4 phones that didn't work (but they had problems right out of the box... one's trackball was stuck and completely stopped rolling, another had a cracked screen, etc.). That is VERY, VERY unusual for these phones though, and every Sprint person that I've talked to just raves about it and said that they had never heard of anything like that before (i.e. having problems with multiple phones). I would highly recommend it! Head over to the Curve 83xx forums if you want; there's a lot of good info there. The good news with Sprint is that you can bring it back within 30 days -- with no penalty -- if you don't like it.
    I appreciate your help.
    I wonder if owning a BlackBerry makes everyone this nice and happy! Can't wait to get mine!
    01-28-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD