Hey guys I have been a solid iPhone user since it come out for Verizon. The problem is that im very bored with ios and ios7 looks like a 5 year old designed it so im looking to switch. I have tried twice going to an android phone from my iPhone and both of them did not work out. First went to a nexus and the battery life sucked so i switched then the second time to a droid DNA which was alright but the screen was too big and my messages were not being received sometimes so i switched back. I am an avid texter and i browse the net occasionally. I barley play any games and watch videos. I use instagram and snapchat sometimes but i know i can side load those on to a BB device. I do however take a lot of pictures. Battery life is a big thing for me since i have a full time job in the city and need something that can last me a whole day. The problem is that i am just nervous to waste my upgrade on a BB device that im not sure about. I have literally tried out the Z10 and Q10 10 times at a Verizon store but i cannot judge it based on trying it out in store i need it for 2 or 3 weeks to be certain that it is the phone for me. I need some of your guys opinions on the new BB 10 OS and the phones to help me make my decision. Right now i am between the Z10 the Q10 and the new moto x that got unveiled yesterday. What do you guys think i should do?
    08-02-13 11:00 AM
    I wouldn't wanna say which to get, or even if you should swap as that would be a personal thing which you`d know best, what I would say though is that I haven't experienced awesome battery life from the Z10, under what I consider moderate useage I cant get a day, but for others im sure it differs.

Also I would say not to judge ios7 (or any OS) based on its looks, (even moreso when its beta) as its what the OS is capable of that matters, looks are nice but ability is better, however again that's merely my opinion.
    08-02-13 11:06 AM
    I always have %30 - %40 battery power left by the time I get home from work, and I receive about 100 emails on my Z10 (I use it for work), also bbm, sms, calls, internet, etc.
    BB10QNX and theRock1975 like this.
    08-02-13 11:10 AM
    Completely personal choice. My best recommendation, get either the Z10 or Q10, try it out and if it does not suit YOUR specific needs return it within the period specified by the carrier.
    shaleem likes this.
    08-02-13 11:18 AM
    Q10 crushes the iphone in battery life and the keyboard is awesome. However if you are really interested in an all touch device BlackBerry batteries are removable anyway so packing another one isn't a hassle at all. I personally enjoy the Q10.

Posted via my Q10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    08-02-13 11:49 AM
    While I get good battery life on my Z10 a lot of people aren't able too. If the battery life is that big of a concern to you then I would hands down try the Q10.

Bigger battery, smaller screen, nice size and weight. Plus you say avid texter you're made for a physical keyboard then :P

If you are going to try one of the three for two weeks I say try that one based on how you said you use the phone.

Posted via CB10
    locke7 and Sexy Sadie like this.
    08-02-13 11:53 AM
    Yes, you should.

".....I thought to myself....." Yes, we all do that.
    08-02-13 11:55 AM
    Q10 crushes the iphone in battery life and the keyboard is awesome. However if you are really interested in an all touch device BlackBerry batteries are removable anyway so packing another one isn't a hassle at all. I personally enjoy the Q10.
    I always laugh when people use hyperbolic terms like "crushes" in device comparisons and simultaneously ignore the fact that there are a kajillion things that affect battery life from device to device, user to user and the fact that in this case the comparison is meritless considering the two device do not use batteries that are rated the same (2100mAh Q10 vs 1440mAh iPhone). Logic dictates the battery with the greater capacity should last longer.
    waker, kbz1960 and mikeo007 like this.
    08-02-13 12:01 PM
    " I am an avid texter and i browse the net occasionally. I barley play any games and watch videos. "......sounds like you'll be wanting a Q10, nothing beats the Q10 for all round messaging. Since you also need good battery life, the Q10 has that hands down, its 6pm round my end and I'm just down to 50%, everything is always on, I make a lot of calls, BBM, emails. I'm not going to say I'm a power user because that would require me defining what that means around here, but I use my phone much more than my wife that has a Z10 and she uses it a lot, you know BlackBerry ladies and BBM and she charges up regularly!
    JGuez55 and theRock1975 like this.
    08-02-13 12:04 PM
    I always laugh when people use hyperbolic terms like "crushes" in device comparisons and simultaneously ignore the fact that there are a kajillion things that affect battery life from device to device, user to user and the fact that in this case the comparison is meritless considering the two device do not use batteries that are rated the same (2100mAh Q10 vs 1440mAh iPhone).
    If you repeatedly visited the same website with both devices the Q10 would last a lot longer. Therefore it crushes the iphone on battery life. It's just a phrase and it's merited in this case due to the BlackBerry having a larger battery,a smaller screen which is the biggest battery drainer, and an amoled screen.

Posted via my Q10
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    08-02-13 12:07 PM
    I never stated this but i have never had a physical keyboard before. I have big thumbs so I always thought it would be a hassle to text. Any of you guys have the same problem I have and if so did you get used to the physical keyboard?
    08-02-13 02:43 PM
    Anyone who wants a BlackBerry over an iPhone should have themselves checked out.
    BlackBerry 10 has no apps, resets randomly. Doesn't even get a proper signal anywhere except right under a cell phone tower. Stick with the iPhone, it will serve you better.

Posted via CB10
    waker and shaleem like this.
    08-02-13 03:27 PM
    Well, i'd say try one for the exchange period. Nothing to lose. If you are a competent touch screen typer a Z might be better for screen size, battery life is a tradeoff.

Posted via CB10
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    08-02-13 03:36 PM
    Do your research on all devices>Go to the shop test all devices>get hands on feel>take/buy the device that left an impression.Go home happy.
    08-02-13 03:41 PM
    I'd say go to your or any any carrier website they all have that COMPARE button.
    Pick a few phones that you're interested in hit compare and they're all nicely laid out right there for you with spec and other info as well as user reviews. You can check off your pros and cons list of what you just can't live without on a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 03:44 PM
    Hello!

Ah, I've been in your predicament too; but for me, it was moreso Z10 vs Q10; and a Nokia Lumia 900/920. As other users have said, I can't tell you which phone to get; but since I do have a Q10, I can help you out a little bit with my experience of the phone.

1) I am an avid texter too, and there have only been a time or two when I wouldn't get a text from someone; but that contact and I have had that glitch happen to us both a few times, so it could be his service or mine. Anyway - 99% of the time, everything sends, I get great reception, and the keyboard is PHENOMENAL for typing. I could kiss it.

2) Battery life is very good. My 9780's battery had an eventual downfall and would die at 60% often, so anything to me is an upgrade battery wise; but I can usually get a day and a half out of normal to heavy-ish use: lots of texting, checking emails, occasional browsing, checking Facebook. Of course, the more time I spend on apps like Facebook, and the more apps you have running in the mainframe (BB 10 devices' apps have to run while they're actually open on your phone; since app developers haven't yet been able to make them run in the background, like they had done with other devices; but that will change soon), and the more battery you will use up. But, I am very happy with my battery life.

3) I don't watch many TV shows or use YouTube on my phone. When I do, it does use up the battery (depending on how long the YouTube video is, if I watch more than one, and so on), but if you aren't going to be playing a lot of games or watching a lot of movies, then you can consider the Q10; as the screen is smaller than the Z10, but you wouldn't be using that smaller screen for media viewing. Of course, the Z10 is amazing too.

4) Which carrier are you with? When I bought my Q10 from Target (I'm with Rogers), the sales representative told me if I wanted to bring the phone back, to not make any calls on it (that exceeded 20 minutes?), and to just not use it a lot while seeing if I like it. Maybe your carrier can let you return it in a week or two, as long as you didn't go over x amount of talk time. Some companies do have that option.
    08-02-13 03:46 PM
    Anyone who wants a BlackBerry over an iPhone should have themselves checked out.
    BlackBerry 10 has no apps, resets randomly. Doesn't even get a proper signal anywhere except right under a cell phone tower. Stick with the iPhone, it will serve you better.

Posted via CB10
    This is the most stupid statement I've read on this forum. Blackberry phones have the best signal reception and problems with resets were fixed long time ago.
    locke7 likes this.
    08-02-13 03:47 PM
    This is the most stupid statement I've read on this forum. Blackberry phones have the best signal reception and problems with resets were fixed long time ago.
    Then why does my phone still resets thrice a day? How come I don't get a signal on T-Mobile anywhere?
    Yours is a typical fan boy response. Wake up and see what's what.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 03:51 PM
    I went from an iphone 4 to z10. No regrets whatsoever. I love my BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    08-02-13 04:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Did you just get it mixed up with iPhones that have the antennagate issue?? At least that's what Steve Jobs said; you're holding your iPhone the wrong way!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 04:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Did you read his post. He mainly surfs the web, texts, emails and makes phone calls. BlackBerry is in my opinion significantly better in two of those areas while being about even with the other two.

Btw I have bigger hands too and using a physical keyboard has always been easier, but especially so now because the keys on the new Q10 are much larger and just better over all.

Posted via my Q10
    08-02-13 04:39 PM
    I always have %30 - %40 battery power left by the time I get home from work, and I receive about 100 emails on my Z10 (I use it for work), also bbm, sms, calls, internet, etc.
    I totally agree. I have the same experience. For me, it was the Z10 as I wanted the larger screen and was accustomed to the virtual keyboard. That said, I think the choice for you, based on your criteria, you might want to go to the Q10.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    08-02-13 04:48 PM
    I think either option is a good choice, but think about your decision before you switch.

If you have been a long time iPhone user you will be giving up a lot in terms of apps if that's important to you. Yes you can sideload but a lot of sideloads are half baked and can cause serious battery issues (eBay being an example). I don't care for BBmaps and while Apple maps aren't any better there are a host of other mapping applications with iOS, like Garmin, Google Maps, etc.

I may be in the minority here but I find the sound and speakerphone volume to be too weak on the Z10. My iPhone 5 is much louder with ringtones and speakerphone calls, but that could just be with my device.

From a battery standpoint it's pretty close between the Z10 and iPhone 5. It depends on your usage and what features you have turned on or off. The one things I will say is that the iPhone charges much quicker than the Z10. My Z10 takes forever to fully charge of its been drained but my iPhone 5 can be fully charged in no time at all.

Just my two cents, hope that helps.
    afquijano likes this.
    08-02-13 04:59 PM
    If you repeatedly visited the same website with both devices the Q10 would last a lot longer. Therefore it crushes the iphone on battery life. It's just a phrase and it's merited in this case due to the BlackBerry having a larger battery,a smaller screen which is the biggest battery drainer, and an amoled screen.

Posted via my Q10
    it should be noted that you are assuming a huge amount of variables here. apps running in background, amount of email accounts added, screen brightness signal strength and many many other factors affect battery life, so to attempt a blanket statement simply doesn't work for any device. I think that's what AG was meaning with his post.
    08-02-13 05:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well that is one of the most ridiculous posts I've read in some time. Frankly, I could not care less what phone you or anyone else uses. However, to actually say that it "doesn't get a proper signal anywhere except right under a cell phone tower " is pure horse manure. Maybe you're the one that needs to be checked out bud.

Posted with my fabulous Z10
    08-02-13 10:23 PM
68 123