I am planning to purchase a smartphone. But my concern is the security. I heard that Android and Iphone have some problems on security issues (malware etc. spreading quickly.) . I do not want bank transfer confirmation SMS coming to a platform that is weak in security.

So I thought to use my normal old phone as the main one and getting a small tablet pc for other daily occasional internet use. But it is not convenient to carry both of them.

What I learnt was Blackberry is the most secure Smart Phone. Is this correct? But does it have some leaks - such as the "Zeus Virus"?

If I feel very secure - it will be more dangerous. Are there any viruses that can affect Blackberry? What can prevent them further? I heard putting password to app installation (sp?) would solve the unauthorized app installs. Is that correct?

Or - should I stay with the idea of using my old phone for daily use - and purchasing an additional tablet PC for daily occasional internet use?

And - if I will, I am planning to purchase Blackberry Bold 9700. Is it good?
    09-29-13 06:45 AM
    I am planning to purchase a smartphone. But my concern is the security. I heard that Android and Iphone have some problems on security issues (malware etc. spreading quickly.) . I do not want bank transfer confirmation SMS coming to a platform that is weak in security.

So I thought to use my normal old phone as the main one and getting a small tablet pc for other daily occasional internet use. But it is not convenient to carry both of them.

What I learnt was Blackberry is the most secure Smart Phone. Is this correct? But does it have some leaks - such as the "Zeus Virus"?

If I feel very secure - it will be more dangerous. Are there any viruses that can affect Blackberry? What can prevent them further? I heard putting password to app installation (sp?) would solve the unauthorized app installs. Is that correct?

Or - should I stay with the idea of using my old phone for daily use - and purchasing an additional tablet PC for daily occasional internet use?

And - if I will, I am planning to purchase Blackberry Bold 9700. Is it good?
    Hi! Welcome to the forum.

BlackBerry does have less identified vulnerabilities than iOS and Android. I don't know about Windows Phone.

That said, *any* phone can be secure depending on how you use it. Conversely, *any* phone can be made vulnerable depending on how you use it. I use banking apps on my iPhone now because I can't find banking apps for my BlackBerry Z10.

You can prevent viruses and malware by judicious browsing, avoiding clicking into questionable links or websites, and careful management of your email.

The 9700 is a good phone but it is very old now. You could get a 9700 but there is also the 9780 and the 9790 which have the same form factor and are a bit newer. The newest platform is BB10 and you could get either a Z10 or a Q10.

Look around in the forums, there is loads of information. Take your time, and browse around the forums.
    09-29-13 06:59 AM