I am very interested in the BlackBerry Passport because I love it's unique design and I'd like to try out BB10. I'm normally an Android user but i want to try out Blackberrys OS and se what's good with it.
    Blackberry Passport seems to be a great cellphone if you want to be effective and creative. My concern is this. Are older Blackberry phones getting any updates of the operating system now when Blackberry is using Android in their new cellphones? I don't want to invest in a cellphone that I can't use to a full extent. What is your opinion about that and what's great about the BlackBerry Passport?
    10-21-16 07:10 AM
    There are two security patches coming for BB10.... 1st is about seven months late. But it has peaked and is downhill from here on, there is no indication of any feature updates.

Passport is a unique design, and there is some Android app compatibility, but if you are a big app users... it's probably not going to fulfill your needs.

If money isn't an issue, I'd say get one and try it out.
    10-21-16 07:45 AM
    OK, so I may be able to comment on this.
    I've recently ditched my Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 for a Blackberry Passport (not SE). Why?
    I've been debating this for a while but always loved QWERY and this was my first BB experience.
    I had the choice of the SE from Blackberry UK, retailing for around 280. Then I saw the rumors of the Mercury coming soon. I decided on getting the original Passport (not the SE) from eBay for around 160 as a stop gap measure.
    That is probably the way to go until the Mercury comes out next year.

It takes a while to sideload Google Play Store but there are some really useful tip on here and I now have both SNAP and COBALT methods and a fully working Play Store. Most apps I need work, and I mainly use the Passport for communication.

Finally, the Hub is wonderful----if you get a lot of emails/messages, it would be great for you. if you are a heavy Facebooker----probably not.

All in all, I'm happy (around 95%) and really hope the Mercury turns up with a fixed KB running android!!
    10-21-16 07:53 AM