BB 9780 Or BB Torch???
    Cant Decide Which To Get....
    I Had My 9700 Stolen & Still Payin Contract For It So Decided To Buy Myself A New Bb ....
    03-08-11 05:20 AM
    They are both different phones. Would you rather have a slide phone? Or just a normal, non-flip/slide phone? It's about your preferences for the device, not what you want you to have. I personally would just find a cheap phone to get until the newer blackberries come out. Then I would get the Bold Touch. If you don't want to wait, pick what best suits your needs. I personally prefer the Torch because of the touch screen but the slider does annoy me.
    03-08-11 05:39 AM
    They are both different phones. Would you rather have a slide phone? Or just a normal, non-flip/slide phone? It's about your preferences for the device, not what you want you to have. I personally would just find a cheap phone to get until the newer blackberries come out. Then I would get the Bold Touch. If you don't want to wait, pick what best suits your needs. I personally prefer the Torch because of the touch screen but the slider does annoy me.
    Do you know when bold touch is likely to be out?

i need a phone at the moment but i have upgrade due in novemeber so i suppose if anything comes out i fancy after i buy a phone now, i can upgrade anyways....
    03-08-11 05:56 AM
    No, I have no idea. I wish I knew because I really want it too.

If you really need a phone right now, I think that is a really good idea. Buy something right now, probably cheap to save some money and because you'll be upgrading in November. By November it should be out for sure.
    03-08-11 06:01 AM
    both very nice phones 9780 is alot like ure 9700 but
    more memory better camera improved browser + lots more
    looks very very nice in white
    9800 torch is very good and my favorite bb so far
    has lots of good points
    but it is a slider and it is heavy both of which i like
    but a lot of people dont !!
    the problem with waiting is how long do you wait
    as there are only rumours so far but they def look the part
    good luck
    03-08-11 06:05 AM
    both very nice phones 9780 is alot like ure 9700 but
    more memory better camera improved browser + lots more
    looks very very nice in white
    9800 torch is very good and my favorite bb so far
    has lots of good points
    but it is a slider and it is heavy both of which i like
    but a lot of people dont !!
    the problem with waiting is how long do you wait
    as there are only rumours so far but they def look the part
    good luck
    yeah i suppose i can get 9780 or torch now, then in november upgrade to the latest bb...just cant decide between the two
    03-08-11 06:12 AM
    I love my Torch. It's been amazing and I've had no issues with it at all. I love having the large screen and it's super fast running the .450 OS. It all depends on your needs. If you don't want to deal with a slider, then consider the 9780. I don't mind the slider, even though I don't use the touchscreen.

The next set of BlackBerry phones coming out later this year look really nice, but I love my Torch so much that I might keep it for a long time. It's a pretty solid, fast device.
    03-08-11 06:28 AM
    I love my Torch. It's been amazing and I've had no issues with it at all. I love having the large screen and it's super fast running the .450 OS. It all depends on your needs. If you don't want to deal with a slider, then consider the 9780. I don't mind the slider, even though I don't use the touchscreen.

The next set of BlackBerry phones coming out later this year look really nice, but I love my Torch so much that I might keep it for a long time. It's a pretty solid, fast device.
    thanks thats a great help! i mainly use my phones for internet, email, txting so im thinking torch will be better for browsing internet with the bigger screen.
    03-08-11 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD