Hello Everyone,

My contract is up with Sprint and I'm finally free! I've had a blackberry curve for the past couple of years. Loved the device, just too bad it was hindered by Sprint's terrible data coverage. Anyways, I wanted some advice on....

Storm or Bold?

Please give the pros and cons for these phones and what I can expect to pay per month (assuming i want somewhere between 700-1000 minutes and unlimited text/data) I've tried searching Verizon and Att's sites respectively, but everything is so sketchy.

For the fun of it, let's throw the iPhone 3g in the mix too.

Let the debate begin!
    03-25-09 05:45 PM
    you want a keyboard or touch screen, display type matter? Size matter?

I would say check out all the devices in person and mess around with them.....
    03-25-09 05:50 PM
    I would go iPhone. That things awesome.
    03-25-09 05:52 PM
    Well I've had hands on with both devices and love them. Touch screen or keyboard, I'd be happy. I guess I'm asking more about which service better allows for the full capability of the device. It was HORRIBLE not being able to ever use some of my curve's capabilities due to a lack of data coverage.

Also, I'm trying to stay cost effective.
    03-25-09 05:55 PM
    wait and go with the Niagra.
    03-25-09 05:55 PM
    /facepalm

Go with what you enjoy most. Go and try both. Take the initiative and play with them. No one here can tell you what you are going to like best.

03-25-09 05:57 PM
    Between the storm and bold I would have to say storm but I'm a little biased. I really like the big screen on it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 06:46 PM
    Let's throw in the 8900! Forget touchscreens and ginormous phones, the 8900 is the way to go!!

03-25-09 06:52 PM
    Yeah, 8900. Make that happen. It may be a while before it makes it to VZW, but what is a few months of waiting for a great device.
    03-25-09 06:53 PM
    How did u have a curve with sprint for the past couple of years? Didn't it just come out a few months ago? Also what exactly is sketchy about the websites? You go there, pick the plan, pick the phone, pick the features.
    Personally I'd go with the bold as touch screens, especially the storm one, are just too much of a hassle for me.

03-25-09 10:05 PM
    Between those three I would have to say bold.
    If you can wait for the 8900 the I would say get that.

With the addition of the iphone I would have to say you are leaning more towards the iphone?
    Depends on what you use the phone for.

03-25-09 11:07 PM
    I'd say get the Storm, biggest screen, best camera, AND the network!
    03-25-09 11:19 PM
    Storm. I can't live without mine and I've only had it for a week. Haha.
    03-25-09 11:34 PM
    How much of a problem is it not to have wi-fi on the Storm?
    03-25-09 11:46 PM
    I like the BOLD! I had a Storm for about a week...couldn't STAND the touchscreen keyboard at all! The OS was super slow and I'm not one to risk things by uploading an unauthorized OS as most have done here with their Storms.

Good luck with your decision!!
    03-25-09 11:54 PM
    If you want the cheapest plan go with the 8900 on t-mobile, is about 40$ cheaper a month over verizon / ATT. Also t-mobile data if fully unlimited wither your using your berry or tethering a computer to it. ATT / verizon has 5gig monthly limit on tethering, also you have to pay extra money per month to get tethering with verizon / ATT.
    03-26-09 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD