Can I use BB browser on a wifi connection? I don't want to incur any charges on my bill! I do have the browser set to hotspot. Is this correct or do I need to do something else? Any help would be appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 08:54 PM
    I don't have a wifi-capable device, but I can point you to this thread in the How To & FAQ Forum: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/

Bryan goes into exhaustive detail on setting up your wifi.
    03-07-09 08:58 PM
    I believe you can. But you have to be careful because so many apps use data. So while you might be set to wifi. You can still build up pay per use data charges.

03-07-09 10:04 PM
    I believe you can. But you have to be careful because so many apps use data. So while you might be set to wifi. You can still build up pay per use data charges.

This is exactly what I am afraid of...should I call T-Mobile and tell them to block out all data?
    03-07-09 10:48 PM
    You could buy you won't be able to text or send receive pix. Some apps use data also. Not sure the details of which ones. Sucks having a BB and having to worry what you can and can't do with it. That's why I ended up signing up for the data too.

03-07-09 11:16 PM
    Yes you can use the hotspot browser for free on wifi. Programs like aim,yahoo, live mesenger and BBM will only work on wifi if you already have a data plan. If you dont have a data plan you can not use these programs because you need to have data service books installed so the app can actually install on your device.
    03-08-09 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD