Great value gain

Should have stocked Priv’s and others-img_4617.jpg
    Should have stocked Priv’s and others-img_4616.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4617.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	446568

On bol.com, a dutch amazon type of site.
    RaybanRJ and Sigewif like this.
    10-26-19 02:07 PM
    Great value gain

Click image for larger version. 

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4616.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	446569Click image for larger version. 

On bol.com, a dutch amazon type of site.
    I thought of buying a back up PRIV but have my original one, a KEYone and a KEY2. Hoping (dreamer that I am) for a KEY3. I would love to see a PRIV2 type device someday.
    10-26-19 03:30 PM
    Is bol.com short for bollocks, or a money laundering scam? must be at those ridiculous prices
    10-26-19 05:38 PM
    Is bol.com short for bollocks, or a money laundering scam? must be at those ridiculous prices
    Lol. No. Was here even earlier than amazon and is therefor more popular than amazon. Same concept though, sellers selling via bol.com and it seems some of them are trying to get lucky.
    10-27-19 02:20 AM
    The GAP between selling price and buying price is sometimes as wide as an ocean.

There are sellers asking $500 for 9900 on eBay and Amazon... doesn't really mean they are selling.
    10-28-19 07:14 AM
    I believe the market for BlackBerry 10 devices in China and other Asian markets is peeking interest. Read many are looking for them to communicate as one needs to on a mobile device (and a BlackBerry 10 will still do well) and NOT be consumed by apps and distractions.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    10-28-19 10:18 AM
    I believe the market for BlackBerry 10 devices in China and other Asian markets is peeking interest. Read many are looking for them to communicate as one needs to on a mobile device (and a BlackBerry 10 will still do well) and NOT be consumed by apps and distractions.
    See I don't really get that....

iOS or Android can have as few a number of apps as you want. You don't have to install Instagram, Facebook, Twitter... or most any other distracting app.

But you can get a phone that is capable of adding some very useful apps if needed, one that is current and works with the latest networking technologies, one that has the latest software running on it. And will work on current bands in market and maybe some of the newer ones being added. That isn't true with some old BB10 phones from 2013.
    branflakes likes this.
    10-29-19 10:00 AM

iOS or Android can have as few a number of apps as you want. You don't have to install Instagram, Facebook, Twitter... or most any other distracting app.

But you can get a phone that is capable of adding some very useful apps if needed, one that is current and works with the latest networking technologies, one that has the latest software running on it. And will work on current bands in market and maybe some of the newer ones being added. That isn't true with some old BB10 phones from 2013.
    What I can add is this, when I use my Passport, the shock of not having certain apps I deemed essential evaporates rather quickly. Although most of the big Social Media apps are still working, I find myself pulling away from those distractions and enjoying a proper smart phone/business tool more. The only caveat is, with the uncertainty of how long BB10 will be supported, we are left to wonder when they will go dark. My Passport is still easily my daily driver! Alas, I am posting this on my ShadowBerry K2 as I wait for a mic/speaker assembly to arrive in order to revive usage on my Passport. There is joy to be found in simplicity!
    Jake2826 likes this.
    10-29-19 12:12 PM

https://www.abacusnews.com/tech/blac...rticle/3027852
    10-30-19 03:30 PM

The difference is that Android and iOS phones are practically useless without a bunch of third party apps, while BB10 phones offer a lot of well integrated stock functionality.

BB10 offers only a tiny fraction of the diversity of apps available on the mainstream platforms, but it's core apps are still better than anything else available. It's just a matter of requirements.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    10-30-19 08:56 PM
    The difference is that Android and iOS phones are practically useless without a bunch of third party apps, while BB10 phones offer a lot of well integrated stock functionality.

BB10 offers only a tiny fraction of the diversity of apps available on the mainstream platforms, but it's core apps are still better than anything else available. It's just a matter of requirements.

That is just your usage....

Your focus is email... a lot of people today don't bother much with email. Beyond the HUB, the "core" apps were very limited, Docs-to-Go was weak. Contacts App was super buggy most the time.
    10-31-19 07:39 AM

Your focus is email... a lot of people today don't bother much with email. Beyond the HUB, the "core" apps were very limited, Docs-to-Go was weak. Contacts App was super buggy most the time.
    You'd best not be implying that the Remember app was limited! Also, the calculator, watches, currency converter. There's lots of baked in stuff that works perfectly fine. How is the Contacts app super buggy most of the time?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-19 07:51 AM

I agree that, beyond phone, SMS, email, calendar, contacts, tasks and notes, and downloaded media, BB10 is very limited.

As for people not bothering with email, I don't know a single corporate or government leader (other than the US President, who writes like a fourth grader) who doesn't live in email, even in 2019.

RaybanRJ likes this.
    10-31-19 11:48 AM
    The difference is that Android and iOS phones are practically useless without a bunch of third party apps
    Apple ships iOS with all of the functions that you are looking for, plus a browser that is compatible with just about every site on the web. What is the point that you want us to believe?
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-31-19 01:26 PM
    Apple ships iOS with all of the functions that you are looking for, plus a browser that is compatible with just about every site on the web. What is the point that you want us to believe?
    If the bundled iOS apps work for you, that's great. It's certainly not my experience. I have owned iPhones and iPads, but the long running issues with attachments and local file management that have only recently started to be addressed, plus the need to constantly use the task switching functionality to even check for new items, mean iOS is best for occasional email use, certainly not monitoring half a dozen email accounts receiving hundreds of emails a day. That would become a full time job on iOS.

10-31-19 01:58 PM
    If the bundled iOS apps work for you, that's great. It's certainly not my experience. I have owned iPhones and iPads, but the long running issues with attachments and local file management that have only recently started to be addressed, plus the need to constantly use the task switching functionality to even check for new items, mean iOS is best for occasional email use, certainly not monitoring half a dozen email accounts receiving hundreds of emails a day. That would become a full time job on iOS.

iOS is used by many, many corporations for email, etc. It may not work as you like but it certainly works well. We use it in our hospital system and I don’t have an issue.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-31-19 04:29 PM
    Mwa. Our company uses it as well. And it is rubbish imho. Not only the items mentioned concerningnot to be able to pick attachments or the absent file system. Eg bugs in the calender/appointment notification system drives multiple colleagues nuts.

Main use for the thing typically is media consumption, not work.
    10-31-19 05:16 PM
    iOS is used by many, many corporations for email, etc. It may not work as you like but it certainly works well. We use it in our hospital system and I don’t have an issue.
    Corporations allow users to choose iPhones and support it on BYOD. Consumers choose iPhones because they like what they can do in their personal.lives, not because they want the best tool for productivity at work. I have never heard a single iPhone user who said they selected the iPhone for its handling of business email, calendar and contacts.

Apple and Google's goal is to simply be "good enough for the masses" for email.

11-01-19 09:45 AM
    Corporations allow users to choose iPhones and support it on BYOD. Consumers choose iPhones because they like what they can do in their personal.lives, not because they want the best tool for productivity at work. I have never heard a single iPhone user who said they selected the iPhone for its handling of business email, calendar and contacts.

Apple and Google's goal is to simply be "good enough for the masses" for email.

That also doesn't mean they do not work. Think about it, is business losing productivity because they use iphones? Small businesses benefit from the ability to take online payments, square, etc. Te hnokigy has moved on.
    11-01-19 09:55 AM
    That also doesn't mean they do not work. Think about it, is business losing productivity because they use iphones? Small businesses benefit from the ability to take online payments, square, etc. Te hnokigy has moved on.
    Yes. Small business taking online payments is great on iPhone, because that's actually an app-based work flow, not an email-based one. Your and my conception of email is as different as a KIA SUV vs. a tractor-trailer rig. We're comparing apples to pumpkins, so it makes sense we can't agree.

11-01-19 10:01 AM
    Square works fine on android devices. I usually use a tablet instead of one of my BlackBerry phones because I like a large tablet sized screen and it frees up my phone for other things. Also, I prefer not to hand my phone over to someone to sign.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-01-19 10:07 AM
    Square works fine on android devices. I usually use a tablet instead of one of my BlackBerry phones because I like a large tablet sized screen and it frees up my phone for other things. Also, I prefer not to hand my phone over to someone to sign.
    Agree. Didn't mean to leave Android out. Also very capable.
    11-01-19 10:11 AM
    Yes. Small business taking online payments is great on iPhone, because that's actually an app-based work flow, not an email-based one. Your and my conception of email is as different as a KIA SUV vs. a tractor-trailer rig. We're comparing apples to pumpkins, so it makes sense we can't agree.

Perhaps, but there are many, many people with your same needs who have adapted and are productive. I appreciate your perception that an iPhone doesn't work for you but I just want to make sure we don't make blanket statements.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-01-19 10:13 AM
    Perhaps, but there are many, many people with your same needs who have adapted and are productive. I appreciate your perception that an iPhone doesn't work for you but I just want to make sure we don't make blanket statements.
    I agree on not making blanket statements, including the statement that everyone who occasionally sends an email has the same requirements.

Most consumers don't spend 4+ hrs a day composing and sending hundreds of emails for 2-3 different businesses whose data must remain segregated.

11-01-19 10:25 AM
    I agree on not making blanket statements, including the statement that everyone who occasionally sends an email has the same requirements.

Most consumers don't spend 4+ hrs a day composing and sending hundreds of emails for 2-3 different businesses whose data must remain segregated.

I'm sorry, but making it sound like you're the busiest person in the world (everyone else only "occasionally sends email") is far from reality. Plus, you seem to spend an awful lot of time on social media for someone who is so busy sending emails. This is old time BlackBerry nonsense with all due respect.
    11-01-19 11:44 AM
58 123