They should be charged for using CrackBerry!
    04-04-15 05:57 PM
    The HUB could be integrated on Android. Apps such as Snowball allow it to hooked into the notification centre so all your notifications can come to one (different) place.

The hard part with be allowing it to reply from the new app itself.

I'd take screenshots to explain it better but I think the ROM I'm running is making it incompatible.

Edit: Here's a video of it in action

http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/08/sno...essaging-apps/

Whilst it's a good idea, it's just a notification replacement system. Currently if you click on a message to reply it just takes you to the app itself. If Blackberry can sort it you can directly reply then all from one place then they could be on to a winner. Although there are other apps that use this, I'm currently using one called Disa that allows you receive and reply to SMS, Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger all from the same app. Integration with other apps is under development so BB needs to be quick.
    Last edited by Yatezy; 04-04-15 at 07:07 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-04-15 06:56 PM
    Not really. Native BB apps don't integrate with the hub either all the time, LinkedIn being just one example. But that doesn't take away from the fact that when BB releases the hub for iOS and Android that most of the apps probably won't integrate with it.
    My LinkedIn works well with my HUB perhaps you might want to delete your LinkedIn & reinstall it

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 06:04 AM
    My LinkedIn works well with my HUB perhaps you might want to delete your LinkedIn & reinstall it

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I'll try that. Do you get all your notifications from it in the hub?
    04-05-15 06:09 AM
    Does anyone really think a useable version of this will even be released in 2015?
    Perhaps BlackBerry has Samsung's software team assisting with the project to meet their December deadline.
    04-05-15 07:39 AM
    Perhaps BlackBerry has Samsung's software team assisting with the project to meet their December deadline.
    Hopefully it is a pre buy inspection of what they would get if they bought BlackBerry. I think Samsung is the only company right now that has the name and money to make the BB10 OS successful.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 07:55 AM
    Yes, I do except Line, my Line is an Android app maybe that's why.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 02:29 PM
    Mine works too. With pm notification in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 04:20 PM
    The hub was among top 3 reasons why I switched to BlackBerry. Everything is in one place, whereas on android you keep switching apps, sometimes forgetting you dismissed an important notification. If it were available on android I'm not sure I'd made the switch.

A one time payment for up to $3 would be decent pricing so that people would actually buy it.
    Implementation (on android) wouldn't be difficult, they just have to replicate a launcher and integrate the hub in it. On vanilla android they could replicate google launcher and add an extra screen to the left similar to google now.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed! I hate dismissing a notification (on Android) and then -- for whatever reason -- not addressing it right away, and then totally forgetting about it.

What's worst, this happens the most during weeks I'm the busiest ( and getting the most notifications ) and can least-afford not to follow up on everything.

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    04-06-15 10:51 AM
    I'm looking forward to seeing what BlackBerry offers Droid.

Many will do as I have done. Buy a Droid. I'm waiting for my M9 and will be trying out the BlackBerry Hub etc. when released.

Why stick with BB10 if BlackBerry is going to support Android as well or better????
    04-06-15 01:38 PM
    Agreed! I hate dismissing a notification (on Android) and then -- for whatever reason -- not addressing it right away, and then totally forgetting about it.

What's worst, this happens the most during weeks I'm the busiest ( and getting the most notifications ) and can least-afford not to follow up on everything.

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    You don't ever dismiss one on BlackBerry and forget about it?
    04-06-15 01:46 PM
    I'm looking forward to seeing what BlackBerry offers Droid.

Many will do as I have done. Buy a Droid. I'm waiting for my M9 and will be trying out the BlackBerry Hub etc. when released.

Why stick with BB10 if BlackBerry is going to support Android as well or better????
    Is only going to be available to corporate users or everyone?
    04-06-15 01:47 PM
    They should and they will. It's already been confirmed.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    04-06-15 01:51 PM
    BBRY's best shot at monetizing or charging for the hub etc on Android, would be if they didn't package it as an app, but instead built a custom launcher with the BB features built into it. If it's incorporated into the launcher/UI, then it'll be much more effective than individual apps. As well, it would open the door to allow for seamlessly adding new features and functionality. The monetization would be the tricky part. I'd recommend a free version of the launcher/UI that has certain features disabled, with the premium features being paid to enable. ie.. the Hub on the free version only supports SMS, BBM, and one email account; but to support notifications etc from all other apps would require the Pro version.

Nova Launcher for Android runs a similar model, and they do rather well with it. But then too, Nova Launcher is a one time paid and done experience. If it were an annual subscription, then they probably wouldn't do so well. At least BBRY would have the advantage that Enterprise customers might pay an annual subscription, and perhaps a very small fraction of consumers. But I wouldn't count on it. Especially given that moments/days after BBRY releases the functionality to Android, other 3rd party developers will probably create their own iterations of the same functionality. So a one time purchase would probably help to promote adoption, as well stem the flow of 3rd party emulation.

Via Tapatalk
    04-06-15 02:43 PM
    All of the major social media companies like Facebook and Google are trying to centralize messaging, etc. to their apps. The fact is that Blackberry doesn't have the content ecosystem that these other companies do. Just look at the cross-platform BBM adoption among the other platforms. Just because you build it does not mean they will come.

The hub is a software feature of the Blackberry platform but there really isn't a demand for it anywhere else. If there was then there would be plenty of other companies doing it.
    04-06-15 02:44 PM
    Is only going to be available to corporate users or everyone?
    Just BES users. Perhaps pirated versions will be floating around.
    04-06-15 02:45 PM
    Personally I think the HUB would work well on an Android device that had a notification LED and not the iPhone which doesn't have one.

As far as charging a fee for the app, as long as it was a one time fee and is reasonable (at or around 3 bucks) I might be willing to try it on IOS.

But unless they advertise and/or promote it somehow, most folks would be content with the existing notification system in IOS or Android. Just my two cents.
    04-07-15 03:53 AM
    The HUB is not well known beyond Android users with the exception of the occasional BB10 experienced candidate so what's really the incentive? Many will shudder when they see the name BlackBerry already.
    I think they're just not in the position to take money for everything anymore. It would be better to launch an app which is at least partly free to attract users. Chances are that they might get interested in BlackBerry as a whole and maybe try "the real thing" at some point.

Of course the monetization is important but sometimes it can get annoying as a user, especially if they want to get everything by subscription. I would be willing to pay a one time fee for a custom BBM PIN, but not for a subscription. Also I don't understand why they make the best BBM features, like retractable messages, a paid feature. If they want to move forward with their messaging platform they have to give new users a reason to switch.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 04:14 AM
    Just got this idea while reading some of the other replies.

Perhaps BlackBerry shouldn't charge for it.

BlackBerry should require a BlackBerry ID to sign on to the HUB. The default app attached to it would be BBM..

In this way BBM will be in more devices. BlackBerry will then sell apps, advertisements & other things through BBM & the HUB at the same time. In this way I'm sure BlackBerry will make more money then just selling the app and
    What do you guys think?.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 12:33 PM
    BlackBerry should require a BlackBerry ID to sign on to the HUB. The default app attached to it would be BBM.
    So you must register with Blackberry to use the HUB
    The messages you get will be from BBM (not iMessage, etc.)
    We'll be sending you ads via BBM and messages from anyone else using BBM if you know anyone

The point is to get people to use the app, right?
    04-07-15 01:50 PM

BlackBerry should require a BlackBerry ID to sign on to the HUB. The default app attached to it would be BBM..

In this way BBM will be in more devices. BlackBerry will then sell apps, advertisements & other things through BBM & the HUB at the same time. In this way I'm sure BlackBerry will make more money then just selling the app and
    What do you guys think?.

Posted via CB10
    I think this idea is not too bad - could be an approach. They could also offer it as something like a "BlackBerry communication bundle" which includes the hub and BBM. Pushing BBM through productivity apps could work, if they can sell it as THE business communication tool.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 02:09 PM
    This could be a good idea. Then people could to pay for an ads-less version of both just like what they are doing with BBM right now.

What do you guys think?.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-07-15 02:36 PM
    I agree they should do the Android model. Ads unless you buy the app.
    04-07-15 02:40 PM
    Yeah, but isn't Hub counted on as a winning ace? I'm one of those who jumped on the BB10 bandwagon because of the Hub (not only that). Plus, I don't feel there are downgrades from iOS or Android to BB10. BB10 has almost all useful features, even more.
    Only in blackberry circles. Most Android and iOS users would not care enough to pay for it

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-07-15 10:09 PM
    That's why there should be ads. If people aren't going to pay for it then why bother making the app for Android and iOS in the first place. BlackBerry is in the business of making money just like any other company.

Only in blackberry circles. Most Android and iOS users would not care enough to pay for it

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-08-15 05:29 AM
85 1234