I feel like there are way too many steps to compose an SMS (Text Message). I go to my address book to find the person I wanna text message. I have a lot of contacts tho...so I find it to be a hassle. Anyone have an easier way?

TIA!
    08-25-09 01:32 PM
    There used to be a program called qsms, not sure how common it is on download sites anymore. I use it and have the JAD at home. If you cannot find it anywhere, PM me and I will arrange to get it to you.

All you do is hit Q from the home screen, select the contact and type away!
    08-25-09 01:34 PM
    08-25-09 01:37 PM
    Try the Quick Launch app. You can purchase it through the CB Store. It allows you to create shortcuts to every application or feature on your device. I have quick links set up to the people I sms the most. It's a 1-click process. I love this app! I believe it's $5 but its well worth the money.
    08-25-09 01:43 PM
    Not sure how to make it easier. How does the BB know who you are going to SMS without selecting the contact? If you start typing in the name of the contact it will filter the list...

You could also use Vlingo to speak your text messages.
    08-25-09 01:44 PM
    What seems to work best for me is that I have my left side convenience key set to open my Address Book, from there I enter the first couple letters of the contact name that I want to send a message to, which will bring up all contacts with matching names, pick the one I want, select it, then menu, and send SMS.

That's the easiest way I've found without having to DL a seperate app.
    08-25-09 01:45 PM
    Not sure how to make it easier. How does the BB know who you are going to SMS without selecting the contact? If you start typing in the name of the contact it will filter the list...

You could also use Vlingo to speak your text messages.
    Not sure what you are talking about, but quick launchers usually send you to the contact list, you select the contact, then it drops you into the SMS composer. nice and easy.
    08-25-09 02:08 PM
    Here you go

berrycoder.com
    Good find, thanks. I knew it was out there somewhere but last time I couldn't find it for some reason.
    08-25-09 02:09 PM
    I feel like there are way too many steps to compose an SMS (Text Message). I go to my address book to find the person I wanna text message. I have a lot of contacts tho...so I find it to be a hassle. Anyone have an easier way?

TIA!
    Not sure what you are talking about, but quick launchers usually send you to the contact list, you select the contact, then it drops you into the SMS composer. nice and easy.
    How is that different than going into address book, selecting the contact and select Compose SMS? Besides, from the little bit that the OP explained, it sounds like the "hassle" is in selecting the contact, because he has so many. How will the quick launcher solve that?
    08-25-09 02:24 PM
    Not sure, but "steps" implies getting to the end result for me. I was just thinking to cut out the steps of going to the message application, then selecting SMS from the menu. This removes those two steps.

As for finding contacts it's simple, just type the name of who you are looking for.
    08-25-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD