Just been into the carphone warehouse, and they have no stock yet.. not even the dummy phones..

There saying hopefully by the 20th of November.

Come on blackberry this is pathetic.. all that free marketing with the release of a new phone, and you cant even get handsets in the shops!!!.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 05:40 AM
    Agreed - tried to see one today and the same.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 05:52 AM
    It puts a doubt in the back of your mind.. Can I trust Blackberry to delivery after all the other issues.

I purchased a playbook, which they then stop supporting. If priv fails will they stop supporting the android platform, and will they stop supporting BB10 if the priv does better than BB10.

People just want things to work and be supported, I have doubts that blackberry will deliver on both in the future.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 06:29 AM
    It puts a doubt in the back of your mind.. Can I trust Blackberry to delivery after all the other issues.
    Well, the answer to that is evidently "No". There is clearly a serious supply issue. I don't believe that demand is such that the current "sold out" situation is because of hundreds of thousands of Privs being sold in the first few days. Do you?

I purchased a playbook, which they then stop supporting. If priv fails will they stop supporting the android platform,
    No. They'll try to sell the Hub, etc as Apps to Android, and iOS & WinPhone users. Though I doubt that BB hardware has a bright future if the Priv fails to sell.

and will they stop supporting BB10 if the priv does better than BB10.
    It depends on your definition of support. BB10 isn't coming back. It has already been moved into a support phase as BB's statement makes clear that no future development of BB10, or updates to the current Android RT, or developer SDK updates, will occur. But, at least one OS update is planned for March 2016, so BB10 will be supported.

People just want things to work and be supported, I have doubts that blackberry will deliver on both in the future.
    To be fair, BB is acting no differently than it has in the past (it dumped the BBOS userbase when it went to BB10), or other companies (Microsoft dumped WinPhone7 users when WinPhone8 came). But, I doubt that behaving as badly as everyone else is something to boast about.
    11-14-15 07:05 AM
    Pretty certain carphonewarehouse has exclusivity till January. I know the Passport and Priv are different devices but my local store didn't stock the Passport so when I got it I had to order it from the website

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 06:36 PM
    You can play with a real Priv in the technology department of Selfridges in London Oxford Street. They have about half a dozen real ones on display as well as Passports, Porsche design phones and others. However I believe there is some awkward arrangement for supply of these, maybe not directly from Selfridges, so buying one there may be awkward.
    11-16-15 09:53 AM
    Well need to try before I buy... not willing to take a leap of faith in BlackBerry yet

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 02:09 PM