i really agree with you. How dare are they to not have the Classic in Stock for Pre-order anymore in Germany
    12-02-14 09:22 AM
    How do you know whether the stock info is accurate? You don't know whether the numbers are actually accurate and up-to-date.
    I don't. I can only see what's on the website. But it changes so often it makes me think it is accurate
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    12-02-14 10:21 AM
    It's not shady when only a certain quantity is allocated for the sale.
    Then say that then say it's out of stock. Those are shady practices we see in the retail industry. They should just put "Listen f#ckers, not more cheap sh!t, now f#ck off"

Because that's how the consumer is going to feel anyway.
    12-03-14 06:18 AM
    "Black Friday Promotion: Offer expires November 30, 2014. Discount valid towards the purchase of a qualifying BlackBerry Z30. Certain restrictions apply. Quantities are limited. Not valid on previous ShopBlackBerry purchases. Offer subject to change without notice. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Offer only valid at ShopBackBerry.com"

Reading is fundamental.
    True, but when they claim that the item is out of stock a day before the sale ends and they miraculously have stock the moment the sale ends, that is shady. Amazon has some great deals currently on the z30.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure why you still have questions. This is 100% clear and standard for this type of promotions.
    Dedicated stocks were flushed = end of promotion.
    mkelley65 likes this.
    12-03-14 07:00 AM
    I think it may not be an exact comparison but comparable nonetheless...

It's like the giveaways done here on the CB home page. A developer puts out 1k promo codes for an app. With over 3m members they are used within 10 minutes. Then all the latecomers cry about the promo being fake and how it is impossible for members to have used all the codes in that amount of time.

The offers are not for perpetuity. You have to be in it to win it, and they are easily depleted in a short amount of time. "While supplies last".

Simple

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 07:22 AM
    That's why people have actually DIED fighting to get sale items at Walmart on Black Friday before they are sold out, which could be in 5 minutes!! The store puts out as many items as they want to get rid of.
    Maybe all the Z30s on sale were built before August 2014. When those were gone, sale is over. Z30s built after that were not on sale.
    Personally, I bought one during the month long $299 sale. Couldn't resist!! The Black Friday sale was announced BEFORE I received my phone. They were nice enough to refund $74!! I thought that was very fair. Especially since I was afraid to wait till Black Friday because I was afraid they would sell out by then. I knew not to wait for the last day!!
    I also got my Z10 when it went on sale in July. It was the same price I paid for my Q10 the year before ON CONTRACT!!!
    Timing is everything. Get it too soon, you pay full price. Get it too late, you pay full price!!! :-)

Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    12-03-14 08:33 AM
    Well to be fair with the OP, you cannot restock on the items the date after the sale. Here my example.

I work at Target (you may throw your tomatoes at me now :P) ... on Black Friday as well.... to say it was hell is an understatement.

Basically almost everything was on sale, we were to sell everything until it's out of stock completely. We had over 100 iPad Air 2s 70 iPad Minis 10 Apple TV in terms of apple products.

We had a quantity of 40 40" TVs for 190$ (bargain right? Except the brand is Element....) they're all gone in less than 30 minutes.

The point is to sell ALL OF IT, not keep it in reserves or quotas. That's how customer service works, you want to satisfy the customer so if you have it in stock, sell it, easy as that. We at target cannot raincheck black friday items so I imagine the same applies to SBB

What Digital Rivers did isn't unethical, it's bull for sure but it's just terrible customer service that's all. I've learned my own lesson to just avoid them at all costs. Hopefully Blackberry will try to do business with another e-commerce for Canadians, USA can keep Digital Rivers :P
    Last edited by ShinraCorp; 12-04-14 at 04:37 PM.
    12-03-14 07:56 PM
    Ummm.... the z30 was and currently is out of stock. Why the continuous talk about shop BlackBerry limiting sale stock and suddenly having stock after the sale was over.

Still waiting for my z30 9 days after ordering it with no end in sight.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 09:49 PM
58 123