Troll, troll, troll your boat ... ♫
    .. ♫ Gently down the stRIM...
    GoRIMGo likes this.
    02-26-12 11:03 PM
    Nice revision to the thread title, objective and informative.

Once again, I hope RIM gets the store working so you can get your PB. Enjoy it!
    Not my change. Again, on these forums, it's "toe the line or else". I suspect the moderator thought that just closing the thread would be seen as censorship, while altering what is posted is somehow okay.

I bet I'm not alone in seeing what these forums have become. I'd also bet that any others would have serious doubts about speaking up.

So how about this..."conformity is good". That better?
    02-26-12 11:20 PM
    Not my change. Again, on these forums, it's "toe the line or else". I suspect the moderator thought that just closing the thread would be seen as censorship, while altering what is posted is somehow okay.

I bet I'm not alone in seeing what these forums have become. I'd also bet that any others would have serious doubts about speaking up.

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-r...uidelines-113/

See specifically the sections on Meaningful Posts and the Forum Moderation Team.

The original title of this thread was inflammatory. The mods gave you the benefit of the doubt by reopening it with a more appropriate and less contentious title, and you show your appreciation with more defiance? You are a guest here at the pleasure of the site owners and those same mods you are now chiding; but with that kind of attitude I suspect that won't be for long.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-27-12 08:39 AM

The title was misleading, whether you agree or not. None of your posts have been edited by anyone but you, so the substance of your above complaint is disingenuous at best.
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-27-12 08:59 AM
    [TIP]Use a Descriptive Title

This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: �My Pearl will not show myFaves icons� or �How do I use BB Maps on my 8100�[/TIP]

Anyone with the same issue as you would immediately know that your thread may answer their question with the new title. Your previous title was not descriptive of the subject matter, was inflammatory, and as a result, was changed.

"I bet I'm not alone in seeing what these forums have become." <--- You're right, they've become disorganized and argumentative. It's the job of the mods to clean that up, which is exactly what happened here. You have the right to disagree, however mod decisions are final.
    BigBadWulf, Chrisy and sleepngbear like this.
    02-27-12 09:22 AM
    OP, did you get your PlayBook yet? It really is an awesome device and you should HURRY!

Let us know when you got one and what you think of it. I am curious if it ships with OS2 or if you will have to update.
    02-27-12 11:55 AM
    Well, I guess I haven't learned my lesson about posting here, though as a cover, I'll start with the sort of statement that would receive no flack here: "All that is Blackberry is good. Blackberry can do no wrong"

There, with that out of the way, and as an update, following my problems with the website (which customer service tells me still hasn't been fixed, though I haven't tried myself), I eventually called on Monday, and learned that they could now take telephone orders (or perhaps the first CS just didn't know any better, but whatever). So I put in and order for a 64GB Playbook...a painful process, as the sales agent had only a tenuous grasp of english, and was surprisingly slow at data entry, so just about the the entire order was spelled out using the NATO phonetic alphabet. Slowly. But it got done, and about an hour later I received an email confirming my order.

Tuesday morning, I received a second email, advising that the order had been cancelled. No reason given, so I quickly called my credit card issuer, who confirmed that there was no problem at their end, and that Blackberry had already had the charge pre-approved. So I called Blackberry back. Got through to a nice sales agent in Texas quickly, and she was very helpful. She couldn't determine why my order was cancelled, but indicated that it looked like the shipping address taken down by the sales agent the day before was gibberish. She read it back to me, and it was technically correct, but not recorded in a way that would be readily recognized as an address. So she retook my order, read it back to me, and everything looked great.

Was all set to order a "Best Skins Ever" for it, as their sale ends today, when I thought I should check on my order, just to be sure (not having received a confirming email). The website was, again, a bust, so I called in again. Again, very pleased with how quickly I was able to reach a sales agent. When I gave her my new order #, the lady today told me that my order had been cancelled again. No real explanation; she said it sometimes happens when an order is cancelled, and the new one put through, "the system" sometimes recognizes that the two orders are linked, and goes ahead and cancels the new one. With no notice to the customer it seems.

The best part is, because of the second cancellation, she can't put through another credit card order...I'd have to do a wire or send a cheque. Yeah...that'll happen.

She's put a note in for a supervisor to call me...that's apparently 3 to 5 business days. Makes me think that maybe these supervisors have a lot of these calls to make.

Bottom line, as much as I want RIM to pull up its socks and turn things around, it seems they won't let me send them money. It's just one reason why (and here's where a statement of fact gets labelled as "inflammatory") RIM is trading at below book value, and Apple's market capitalization is at $500 billion.
    02-29-12 10:26 PM
    I think you missed the lesson.

It's no secret shopblackberry has issues around here.

site:crackberry.com shopblackberry crackberry cancelled - Google Search

Hopefully you'll get that PlayBook, and soon.
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    03-01-12 07:39 AM
    On the heels of not one, but two cancelled orders (Monday and Tuesday), on Thursday I received an email stating that my order would ship in the afternoon. The first cancelled order. I emailed them back to ask what was going on. The agent I dealt with, "David", was very helpful, and very apologetic...even threw in some freebies. Including, I have to assume, priority shipping, as the Playbook arrived by noon Friday (if that wasn't priority, then I have to wonder what I would have gotten for the $40+ they wanted to charge for that service).
    03-05-12 01:54 PM
    And......???
    03-05-12 01:56 PM
    It's okay. In fact, it does some things very well, and at the price I got it, it was a good deal. I've got some other thoughts on it, however they don't necessarily accord with the opinion of the hive, so I'll keep them to myself.
    03-06-12 08:46 AM
    Got issues? Throw them out there. Might be something somebody can help you with. Nobody's going to tell you that you have to like everything about it.
    03-06-12 08:49 AM
    Got issues? Throw them out there. Might be something somebody can help you with. Nobody's going to tell you that you have to like everything about it.
    That has not been my experience here.

Chrisy...once again I have inadvertently ignored your question, for which I apologize. No, it shipped with OS1. Unfortunately, upgrading was problematic, as was initial set-up, but that was due to the poor wi-fi at work, and had nothing to do with the PB. Once I was home, it upgraded without issue.
    03-06-12 11:12 AM
    That has not been my experience here.
    Present as a problem with which you could use some help rather than 'BlackBerry sucks because...' and I'm pretty sure your experience would be different.
    03-06-12 11:25 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD