So I've been on the fence over the Playbook for months now. In fact, I was set to be an early adopter, having eagerly anticipated the release of the Playbook a year ago. Fortunately, I dodged that bullet, as I watched the price decline sharply.

Now that OS2 is out, I've been thinking about it again; not sure why, as OS2 really only (in my view) introduces the tweaks that should have been present on release. But in any event, at the price it is now, it seems worthwhile.

Or so I thought. Having come to the decision that it's the right time to buy, I've also decided that, for the price difference (and in the absence of an SD slot), it's worth getting the 64GB. Problem is, nobody has them. But Blackberry does.

But when I try and log into ShopBlackberry, there's a bug currently, and it won't accept address information (or at least, it won't accept the info and then proceed to the next step of the order process). I called customer support, and they said it's a current bug, and to try back later. But two days is excessive. For a company that purports to want to clear these things out, they don't seem to be working very hard at repairing the (apparently) only portal to purchase one.

Perhaps this is the sign of been waiting for?
    02-26-12 01:55 PM
    Could very well be.....
    02-26-12 02:04 PM
    Your title is misleading and very negative. I would say you strike out again, maybe it's not meant to be for you because I had no problem accessing
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-26-12 02:10 PM
    A 2 day wait is making you this whiney? Wow. I wonder how you react to actual bad things happening.

Just wait. Or order it from somewhere else. I ordered from Shop BlackBerry and I had to wait 3 days for an email saying it was shipping. It's not a big deal.

The PlayBook is worth the wait anyway.
    Spencerdl and PondHockey like this.
    02-26-12 02:19 PM
    Your title is misleading and very negative. I would say you strike out again, maybe it's not meant to be for you because I had no problem accessing
    Then you truly must be special. It was Blackberry support that advised of the problem. Be less of a blind fanboy.
    02-26-12 04:42 PM
    A 2 day wait is making you this whiney? Wow. I wonder how you react to actual bad things happening.

Just wait. Or order it from somewhere else. I ordered from Shop BlackBerry and I had to wait 3 days for an email saying it was shipping. It's not a big deal.

The PlayBook is worth the wait anyway.
    The two day wait is not making anyone "whiney"...more confused. To have a technical glitch shut down your online sales (from Canada, anyways) is problematic. If it is "technology" that one sells, it's more than problematic...it's an embarrassment.
    02-26-12 04:45 PM
    The title is misleading. I thought there was some sort of malfunction with the device itself
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-26-12 04:46 PM
    Can you order by calling them?
    02-26-12 04:49 PM
    I would Google your Location, Location and find a store that sells em. Either online or near where you live. I find it difficult to believe that you cannot find a 64GB PB anywhere. Still don't see how this is BlackBerry striking out.
    02-26-12 04:54 PM
    First thing I thought of after reading this. Just have some patience. Ive ordered stuff before without ever getting any kind of update on the shipping except a receipt for the purchase.

02-26-12 05:02 PM
    was just at walmart.. they had 64gb ones. Im sure you can find them elsewhere
    02-26-12 05:17 PM
    You can buy the playbook on amazon, best buy, and office depot. It is clear that you should investigate further it you really want one. Amazon even has refurbs.
    02-26-12 05:21 PM
    This thread has the earmarks of a internet water army submission.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 02-26-12 at 05:43 PM.
    02-26-12 05:40 PM
    OP, did you say you were in Canada? Are you near an NCIX store? Or they can ship to you. They claim to have stock but they tend not to carry much at a time.
    02-26-12 06:29 PM
    Then you truly must be special. It was Blackberry support that advised of the problem. Be less of a blind fanboy.
    It's obvious you didn't LOOK for the PlayBook, and no I'm not a fanboy I am a MAN that knows BULL**** when I read it. Take the negative title else where it's tiresome
    sleepngbear likes this.
    02-26-12 06:42 PM
    Available on Amazon, inexpensive and delivered in 1-2 days. Trollistic thread?
    jafobabe and Spencerdl like this.
    02-26-12 06:46 PM
    It's obvious you didn't LOOK for the PlayBook, and no I'm not a fanboy I am a MAN that knows BULL**** when I read it. Take the negative title else where it's tiresome
    This made me so hard I blew diet Pepsi suds out my nose.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-26-12 06:51 PM
    Obvious troll. Many shopping websites and stores and he chooses the BlackBerry site. No, wait, he chooses to post a fully fledged thread about it.

Moron.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-26-12 07:00 PM
    The title is misleading. I thought there was some sort of malfunction with the device itself
    The title is not misleading. I referenced "Blackberry", which is a product line, not a "device". It seems misleading only if you read something into it that wasn't there. I could have referenced "RIM", but "Blackberry" is clear enough. Besides, it was the Blackberry website, not RIM, that I referred to.
    02-26-12 08:29 PM
    Available on Amazon, inexpensive and delivered in 1-2 days. Trollistic thread?
    Yup...it probably is available on Amazon. Of course, if you had read the original post, you'd know that I'm in Canada, which means extra shipping charges, customs, etc. Don't get me wrong; I do love Amazon, but not when there should be other options. In this case, I invite you to check out bestbuy.ca, futureshop.ca, staples.ca, londondrugs.com, or any of the other retailers mentioned...specifically look for stock in the 64GB. Oh, and the brick and mortar locations of those retailers are out too.

As for being a "troll", that's kind of a cop-out, isn't it? This has become more and more prevalent on the crackberry forums. ANY dissension from the party line must be a troll, right? Except that anyone here can see that I currently use a 9900 (which is my sole device, btw). Prior to that, it was a 9700. And I've been here for almost 2 years. I'm not some guy who registered two days ago to make an inflammatory post. If I was, I'd be more inflammatory that I was.

But what did I post? Simply this...RIM has not performed at the level it should in rolling out the Playbook. Disagree if you want, but reviews and the simply fact of the steep discounts seen now prove it to be so. And notwithstanding a history of underwhelming the consumer with this particular product, when someone, such as myself, goes to the Canadian ShopBlackberry site (quick note: think of where RIM started), it doesn't allow an account to be set up. For those with trouble reading ("spencerdl"...I'm looking in your general direction), the Playbook is certainly findable, but account setup is glitched. And again...Blackberry knows it's glitched.

Now, someone smarter than me could probably confirm that if one was a going concern, one could probably get a website, specifically a sales portal, up and running within a day or so. So if an existing page has a glitch, I would have thought they'd pour some resources into getting it fixed; they have the resources, I think we can agree.

The fact that they haven't fixed it is what troubles me. And yes, I can wait for a Playbook...I'm confident that shipping from Blackberry would take a week anyways. My concern is more as a RIM shareholder, and as a Canadian that wants to feel some pride in RIM. I can only assume that the issue has not been addressed because of the weekend. Only it's not 1958 anymore, and the wheels of commerce turn also (or perhaps especially) on the weekend.

So feel free to disagree with me. Or take the easy way...type the word t-r-o-l-l and be done with it. But before you do, consider what kind of response an Apple fanboy would come up with, and then compare.
    Last edited by litig8or98; 02-26-12 at 09:04 PM.
    02-26-12 08:58 PM
    Can you order by calling them?
    Sorry chrisy...in jumping to my own defense, I missed your post. No...when I spoke with support, they said that the same glitch prevented them from taking a phone order.
    02-26-12 09:02 PM
    Yup...it probably is available on Amazon. Of course, if you had read the original post...

So feel free to disagree with me.
    I did read it, and the follow-ups. I do disagree with you. "Blackberry strikes out again" is very inflammatory, trolly actually. First thing that comes to mind. Alternative? Ask for assistance or see if others are seeing similar conditions without flaming. Good luck, hope you are able to buy the PlayBook.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-26-12 10:33 PM
    Troll, troll, troll your boat ... ♫
    02-26-12 10:48 PM
    Excellent thread topic btw. Nice change.
    02-26-12 10:57 PM
    Nice revision to the thread title, objective and informative.

Once again, I hope RIM gets the store working so you can get your PB. Enjoy it!
    02-26-12 10:59 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD