I decided to pull the trigger and purchase the DTEK 60 from the Shop BlackBerry Canada site only to find out that they do not accept foreign credit cards (I'm a Canadian working abroad) anymore.

I guess they must be happy with a less than 1% market share. You would think that they'd WANT people to buy their product.
    11-10-16 05:21 PM
    Have you tried any other site closer to your region?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 05:23 PM
    I haven't because.....a) it's more expensive.....b) getting it shipped to where I am and then paying duty on top of that makes it even more expensive.

A few years ago I purchased a PlayBook using the same site and credit card and had NO problem.

Ridiculous!
    11-11-16 07:23 AM
    My suggestion have someone in Canada purchase for you, then do a direct deposit into their bank account. They can then mail your phone by courier or Canada Post to you.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-16 07:55 AM
    I could very easily do that Steve but unfortunately that's not the point. Besides, there are reasons why I want to use my credit card (points, etc).

I'm trying to give BlackBerry my money and they don't want to take it. I can't imagine why they are teetering on the edge of extinction.
    11-11-16 08:43 AM
    It's very frustrating but it could also be that they don't have the rights to sell outside their own territory. Same as if I want to purchase in the US, some companies won't sell to Canadians via the Internet refer you to Canadian companies.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-16 09:24 AM
    I decided to pull the trigger and purchase the DTEK 60 from the Shop BlackBerry Canada site only to find out that they do not accept foreign credit cards (I'm a Canadian working abroad) anymore.

I guess they must be happy with a less than 1% market share. You would think that they'd WANT people to buy their product.
    Try using PayPal .they are trying to avoid the currency fluctuations and associated costs.

Android BlackBerry
    11-11-16 02:39 PM
    Try using PayPal .they are trying to avoid the currency fluctuations and associated costs.

Android BlackBerry
    Also, devices could be different from country to country, that's why they try to limit crosscountry purchases

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 06:14 AM

What about Paypal? Oh hang about does shop blackberry take paypal?

The crackberry CA shop is currently selling it and will post.

EDIT
    http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-...A264A25391.htm
    $649.99

PS: I agree re shop blackberry not accepting 'foreign' cards, how ridiculous to lose business that way! I'm in Aus and we don't have any authorised BlackBerry sellers here, so there's no excuse for BlackBerry not to let us buy from them!

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    Last edited by Heavens1; 11-12-16 at 08:03 AM.
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    11-12-16 07:51 AM
    Also, devices could be different from country to country, that's why they try to limit crosscountry purchases

Posted via CB10
    That comment doesn't make sense. A person buys the BlackBerry model according to the bands appropriate to their country and shop blackberry supplies it. So, for example the priv, i'm in aus and the model priv I'd need is the Asia Pacific model which is also the same model for CA. So, I could buy my priv from CA cos BlackBerry doesn't have a store in aus.

But the BlackBerry store won't allow 'foreign' cards, so they block a sale. Ridiculous!

11-12-16 08:08 AM
    What about Paypal? Oh hang about does shop blackberry take paypal?

The crackberry CA shop is currently selling it and will post.

EDIT
    BlackBerry DTEK60 Factory Unlocked with 1 Year Warranty by BlackBerry with Free Accessory Bundle! | BlackBerry Brand New | CrackBerry Canada
    $649.99

PS: I agree re shop blackberry not accepting 'foreign' cards, how ridiculous to lose business that way! I'm in Aus and we don't have any authorised BlackBerry sellers here, so there's no excuse for BlackBerry not to let us buy from them!

I have the same credit card on PayPal account and it still doesn't work.

I don't know if the same applies to Crackberry.....are foreign cards accepted? I would rather have the soft shell than the flip case though.
    11-12-16 08:37 AM
    I have the same credit card on PayPal account and it still doesn't work.

I don't know if the same applies to Crackberry.....are foreign cards accepted? I would rather have the soft shell than the flip case though.
    Buying from Crackberry shop is easy as! They'll take anyone's money lol And they ship, again no probs.
    11-12-16 05:07 PM
    That comment doesn't make sense. A person buys the BlackBerry model according to the bands appropriate to their country and shop blackberry supplies it. So, for example the priv, i'm in aus and the model priv I'd need is the Asia Pacific model which is also the same model for CA. So, I could buy my priv from CA cos BlackBerry doesn't have a store in aus.

But the BlackBerry store won't allow 'foreign' cards, so they block a sale. Ridiculous!

Guess what, Apple App Store wouldn't let me use one of my virtual NET+ Neteller cards... :-(

(I wouldn't wanna give them a "sharp", fully loaded real credit card, that's connected to my offline identity, nope!)

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    11-12-16 05:26 PM
    I have tried paypal and it doesn't work either. What i did back then was to get a visa gift card from walmart and it worked perfectly. Well in my case it was in USA

Posted via Passport SE
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    11-12-16 05:52 PM
    bought one from Honduras using paypal. bought on BlackBerry US site. no problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 06:02 PM
    ShopBlackBerry.com is only available in a small number of countries.

If you are from Canada and working in a country that ShopBlackBerry.com isn't available, then you can't purchase any items, even if you select the Canadian website.

You have to be in Canada or another country ShopBlackBerry.com is available in to purchase items.
    11-16-16 12:54 PM
    you can't use amazon.com?
    11-16-16 01:42 PM