If your experience with Blackberry 7 is great in itself than your fine, if you want more for your experience then wait for Blackberry 10.

I believe for most of us, we DO want Blackberry 10! But Blackberry 7 is still a great OS that should not be quickly abandoned as it can still be used for those that do not have a need/demand/desire for something like Blackberry 10.

By the way, I been looking at getting a Curve 9220 or Curve 9380 off of ebay while I wait for a good line up of Blackberry 10 phone's, and this makes a good cheap upgrade so I can be up there with everyone else using Blackberry 7.
    Last edited by AntL85; 06-13-12 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Finish an incomplete line.
    06-13-12 04:58 AM
    I agree with you I have a 9810 Torch and it serves my needs quite well. I was going to wait for BB10 but fate stepped in. My 9800 which I had since it came out kinda slow but good phone some how got damaged and would not start. I tried all the tricks I read on Crackberry and nothing worked. Finally took it in to see if the AT&T tech dude could save it. They worked on it but couldn't fix it so they suggested that I go ahead and upgrade to the 9810 I agreed since it was on special for $49 back then. I like the blackberry. I'm running OS 7.1 so it works great for me I love using the HotSpot that let's you use tethering between my laptop and the 9810 of course I had to get that from a leaked BB OS for 9810 and get tethering added to my AT&T account but its worth it.
    06-13-12 05:28 AM
    Not a bad vid and she is lovely. However, the ad that ran at the end of the vid for me was for an Indian business channel suggesting you get their app which runs on...iOS and Android. That was annoying. Does is work in a Web browser on the PlayBook? I don't know, they didn't say.
    06-13-12 06:39 AM
    Not seen the vid.

A BlackBerry running OS 7 or 7.1 is a truly fantastic phone. It has been made fashionable by Apple to bash the BlackBerry and this in part is why the iPhone is so popular. They have attmpted to slag oof the old market leader and have userped them.

IMO the BlackBery is a far superior device to use than an iPhone. I do not need 1 million apps. I just need to one that do the things I need. I have them, thank you. They run fine on my BlackBerry.

It is time to put a stop to this running down BlackBerrys by the press and many posters here.

BB10 will be a new beginning for RIM but there will be teething problems until both new hardware and software stabilize.
    Chrisy, shemaree09 and sleepngbear like this.
    06-13-12 07:11 AM
    I know what's available out there with the other platforms. I still choose BlackBerry.

I just got an OS7 device and it is a great smartphone. Does what I need, efficiently.

BlackBerry 10 is exciting but as it is now I'm satisfied with OS7.
    06-13-12 07:16 AM
    come oaaaaaan....

sent from my bb9900
    OniBerry and Chrisy like this.
    06-13-12 09:22 AM
    Pretty good review. They are sort of BB mad over there

Some seem pretty stoked about the 9220, and it probably does improve on the older 8520 (not sure about the camera though) Like the OP states, grabbing a lower cost alternative (and if you plan on upgrading to BB10) would free up some capital to grab a BB10 device when they come out, or allow you to hold off until your could upgrade your device.
    06-13-12 10:14 AM
    come oaaaaaan....

sent from my bb9900
    Played fine on my PlayBook.
    06-13-12 10:16 AM
    It was interesting to see how the RIM VP was in a quandary. He probably wished he could refute the lack of innovation comment with BB10 but that would have [potentially] caused sales of the OS7 devices to slow in India. I actually doubt that because they have the Internet.
    06-13-12 10:19 AM
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Curve line.

Actually, right now this very day, I'm carrying my 9370 instead of my 9930. I LOVE it. And as I told somnolentursine earlier today, once I installed 7.1 on it from Sprint is a zippy wee beastie of a phone.

LOVE IT.
    06-13-12 11:50 AM
    Pretty good review. They are sort of BB mad over there

Some seem pretty stoked about the 9220, and it probably does improve on the older 8520 (not sure about the camera though) Like the OP states, grabbing a lower cost alternative (and if you plan on upgrading to BB10) would free up some capital to grab a BB10 device when they come out, or allow you to hold off until your could upgrade your device.
    It is a heavy improvement throughout except for the camera, it is still the same 2MP no flash from the 8520.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Curve line.

Actually, right now this very day, I'm carrying my 9370 instead of my 9930. I LOVE it. And as I told somnolentursine earlier today, once I installed 7.1 on it from Sprint is a zippy wee beastie of a phone.

LOVE IT.
    The Curve's are nice phones and for me, the Bold has a comfortable keypad so on so forth that we all heard from people before, but the Curve feels good to and it caters to a wide selection of user's that the Bold does not. You get em with that 9370!

Mine to.
    Last edited by AntL85; 06-13-12 at 03:50 PM.
    06-13-12 03:41 PM
    I think the only thing I really want bb10 for is the apps. I hope they pull through and get the major ones on launch.
    06-14-12 08:28 AM

If your experience with Blackberry 7 is great in itself than your fine, if you want more for your experience then wait for Blackberry 10.

I believe for most of us, we DO want Blackberry 10! But Blackberry 7 is still a great OS that should not be quickly abandoned as it can still be used for those that do not have a need/demand/desire for something like Blackberry 10.

By the way, I been looking at getting a Curve 9220 or Curve 9380 off of ebay while I wait for a good line up of Blackberry 10 phone's, and this makes a good cheap upgrade so I can be up there with everyone else using Blackberry 7.
    Which one of those curve models will work in the states on att?
    06-14-12 08:56 PM
    I want one for some reason... That, and a Curve touch (forgot the model number). Though, that may only be because it's down right adorable
    AntL85 likes this.
    06-14-12 11:09 PM
    It had to restart the browser because I got stuck in a video ad that wouldn't play. Worked beautifully afterwards, though.
    06-14-12 11:13 PM
    I want one for some reason... That, and a Curve touch (forgot the model number). Though, that may only be because it's down right adorable
    I like it a lot to, just something that made it appealing to me! The Curve 9380 is the newest full touch and a great phone as well.

Which one of those curve models will work in the states on att?
    Both the Curve 9220 and Curve 9380 unlocked will work on ATT in the US. There is a bunch of them on Ebay right now that are unlocked and cheaper than retail price. The 9380 though is a full touch Curve that looks very similar to the Torch and runs very smooth for having lower specs. Also it has integrated keys and is a 3.2" screen where the Torch is 3.7".

From what I learned on the 9220 is it chugs harder and better then the Bold's do currently with extensive processes and has a JS1 battery. It is the same size etc as the JM1 but has a much higher battery life providing the 9220 and 9320 with 7 hours talk time. The 9380 has the same JM1 as all other's do. I'm actually surprised Kevin has not been on the JS1 yet considering it could(in theory) work in other Blackberries.

Hope this helps you decide what your looking for!
    Last edited by AntL85; 06-16-12 at 08:25 PM.
    06-16-12 08:08 PM
    come oaaaaaan....

sent from my bb9900

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    06-16-12 09:35 PM
    I think one of these unlocked will be a great spare phone to play with.
    06-16-12 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD