Has anyone been able to get it working? I can't get past login??

And just realized I put it in wrong forum. Sorry

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by silversmith75; 01-07-16 at 12:34 AM.
    01-06-16 09:36 PM
    If you're trying on a BB10 device, unless you sideloaded the play store, don't bother.
    Via Snap doesn't work. I just tried an install via Snap and got stuck at the login screen.

You'll need to search these forums for a direct play store sideload. I'd bet it'll work that way.

If you're trying via the Priv, well now we've got a problem because mine setup beautifully so there must be another issue.

I'm VERY happy with Shaw's effort with this app. It could use a refresh button for those too close to the hourly change over but it's a great app otherwise.
    01-07-16 10:52 AM
    Free range?

Edit: google'd it. It's a TV streaming app. Stupid name.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 03:08 PM
    I complained to Shaw about this app being tied to Play store. Suggested they at least post it on Amazon without the playstore involvement. They gave me 15 bucks off my bill. Yay!
    I've gone through and installed the playstore detailed in the other thread and although working at one time, I just can't get it going again. It really frosts my privates when companies like this ignore the BB10s.
    silversmith75 likes this.
    01-28-16 05:30 AM
    I have it and it works great, no problems at all.

Posted via Priv by BlackBerry
    01-28-16 08:16 PM
    I have it and it works great, no problems at all.

Posted via Priv by BlackBerry
    What device are you using I can't seem to get it with either my z10 or z30. I downloaded from Cobalts play store.

And just read your signature your are using an android phone
    Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 10:03 PM
    I have the play store installed (Cobalt) and I cannot get past the login screen.

Maybe we can patch with Lucky Patcher?

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    01-29-16 10:28 AM
    Tried removing dependencies with Lucky Patcher.

No dice. Still will not let me proceed past the login screen.

Telus Z30 with most recent official OS.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    01-29-16 03:21 PM
    I wish you guys luck. I can't get it to run on my brand new Android tablet. Plays for about a minute then crashes.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 09:02 PM
    I have the Shaw FreeRange android app working on my Z30. You need a Shaw TV or Shaw Direct account and only works within Canada. You will need "Snap" (or Cobalt's Google Play store, should also work) installed on your BB device. The app will not show up within Snap directly....

Steps to install:

Go to Shaw FreeRange website on a pc and click on install app from Google Play store. Within Google Play store, click install. A message will come up that says app will be installed on your device shortly.

After a few minutes, on BB device, open Snap ( or other Google Play Store app), and view "My Apps/ Library" where Shaw FreeRange TV app should appear. Click and install.

Once installed, open and follow the Shaw menus to login. I have Shaw Direct (Satellite), so entered account number and password used on my normal billing account. They give you the option to login with their other TV or cable services, if you have it.

The login is flaky.....letters and numbers do not appear until you move around the screen, and seems to not respond. When stuff is entered, hit continue and it will log in (even though it seems to want the same information again). You need to close and restart the app to get it to start up the TV channel screen. It seems to retain your log in information.

It works well once set up.

The Shaw description information says that it won't connect to HDMI, but HDMI works for the Z30 to my TV. Somewhat choppy, but resolution and sound are good.
    brookie229 likes this.
    03-10-16 02:07 PM
    I have the Shaw FreeRange android app working on my Z30. You need a Shaw TV or Shaw Direct account and only works within Canada. You will need "Snap" (or Cobalt's Google Play store, should also work) installed on your BB device. The app will not show up within Snap directly....

Steps to install:

Go to Shaw FreeRange website on a pc and click on install app from Google Play store. Within Google Play store, click install. A message will come up that says app will be installed on your device shortly.

After a few minutes, on BB device, open Snap ( or other Google Play Store app), and view "My Apps/ Library" where Shaw FreeRange TV app should appear. Click and install.

Once installed, open and follow the Shaw menus to login. I have Shaw Direct (Satellite), so entered account number and password used on my normal billing account. They give you the option to login with their other TV or cable services, if you have it.

The login is flaky.....letters and numbers do not appear until you move around the screen, and seems to not respond. When stuff is entered, hit continue and it will log in (even though it seems to want the same information again). You need to close and restart the app to get it to start up the TV channel screen. It seems to retain your log in information.

It works well once set up.

The Shaw description information says that it won't connect to HDMI, but HDMI works for the Z30 to my TV. Somewhat choppy, but resolution and sound are good.
    Thanks for this. You are right about the sign-in procedure. It is VERY flaky but I finally got the app to work on my Passport after many, many tries. You have to name your device then exit the app and then restart the app again. I must have tried this app 10-12 times over the last couple of months and when I read your post thought I would try one more time. Excellent!
    03-10-16 03:18 PM
    I wish you guys luck. I can't get it to run on my brand new Android tablet. Plays for about a minute then crashes.

Posted via CB10
    Works on my nexus 7 with Marshmallow

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    03-11-16 08:58 AM
    Thanks for this. You are right about the sign-in procedure. It is VERY flaky but I finally got the app to work on my Passport after many, many tries. You have to name your device then exit the app and then restart the app again. I must have tried this app 10-12 times over the last couple of months and when I read your post thought I would try one more time. Excellent!
    What do you mean by " You have to name your device" before exit? I don't see any option to name the device within the app.
    03-11-16 01:24 PM
    What do you mean by " You have to name your device" before exit? I don't see any option to name the device within the app.
    Hmmn--for me, right after logging in, a pop-up came on asking me to give my device a name. I named it "My Passport" and then exited out of the app, restarted and it then started the app without problems. I am not sure if anyone else has had this or not. When I now log into my Shaw account with my PC, under devices used, I see "My Passport" listed.
    03-11-16 01:51 PM
    I don't get this pop-up. I wonder if it is because my device name already exist in the account because I've been using Shaw go wifi.
    03-11-16 02:02 PM
    Hmmn--for me, right after logging in, a pop-up came on asking me to give my device a name. I named it "My Passport" and then exited out of the app, restarted and it then started the app without problems. I am not sure if anyone else has had this or not. When I now log into my Shaw account with my PC, under devices used, I see "My Passport" listed.
    I didn't have to name my device prior to exit, it uses a default "my device" or something. It is possible to rename the device label, by clicking the three bar drop down at the top left corner, then click on the gear wheel settings icon a very bottom of the list. In the settings menu "my device" appears and when clicked the name is displayed and can then be edited.
    03-11-16 02:05 PM
    Works on my nexus 7 with Marshmallow

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    Works on my old Samsung Tab 10.1 running Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
    03-11-16 02:07 PM
    Patience is a virtue.
    03-11-16 02:10 PM
    I don't get this pop-up. I wonder if it is because my device name already exist in the account because I've been using Shaw go wifi.
    I've been using the Shaw Go wifi also with my Passport for ages, and now I have my Passport listed TWICE in my Shaw account under devices connected section. As hvacdon has noted, maybe I did not have to rename the device as I could have just left it as "my device". But my initialize still required that step unlike your's, apparently.
    03-11-16 02:11 PM
    Can't get it to work on my Z30. I follow your instruction above, but itt keeps going back to the "Get Started" main screen.
    03-11-16 02:13 PM
    It works now. Yay!!!.
    I log into the Shaw account and noticed that there was a device connected to the Shaw freerange. It had a device name of IPCOAM.
    I click on the disable parental controls button. I restarted the app and now I got the enter device pop-up message as mentioned by Brookie229 above. Now it works. I takes a minute or two for the app to load.
    Also in the shaw account, it shows the same name as the one I entered into the app.
    brookie229 likes this.
    03-11-16 02:26 PM
    Yep, takes some patience, that's for sure.
    03-11-16 02:33 PM
    It's a really good app if you are on Shaw / Shaw Direct satellite. Amazed how much content is on it, even live sports!

Posted via CrackBerry App
    03-11-16 07:53 PM
    It's a really good app if you are on Shaw / Shaw Direct satellite. Amazed how much content is on it, even live sports!

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Content is dependent upon your cable/satellite subscription.

Also, keep track of your data!! If you are on WiFi, then less of an issue. If you are using your mobile data plan, live streaming will consume data rapidly. There doesn't seem to be a setting to increase or decrease resolution/data rates.
    brookie229 likes this.
    03-12-16 08:35 AM
    Thanks for the thread, I too was able to get Free Range to work with the advice provided. It was hit or miss but eventually I hit the home run and got to the name your device question. Lickety Split after that!

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2813 Winnipeg,MB
    05-20-16 06:41 PM
26 12