Hint: It won't go lower after news like that!
    12-16-11 02:20 PM
    ummmm nice?
    lol
    how many did you buy if you don't mind me asking=p
    12-16-11 02:25 PM
    Hint, Hint: It's $13.49. I hope that you only bought 5 or 6 shares. LMAO!
    12-16-11 02:57 PM
    "The best time to buy a stock and make a lot of money off of it is often when the company is universally hated. When so many investors think a company is doomed, it doesn't take much to move the stock higher again.
    Research in Motion is probably not one of those stocks. "
    Source: [HTML]http://money.cnn.com/2011/12/16/technology/thebuzz/index.htm?source=cnn_bin[/HTML]
    12-16-11 03:01 PM
    Have a look at what happened to Kodak over the last few years. I think the phrase that springs to mind is "it's hard to catch a falling knife". By all means love the phones, but don't buy the shares.
    12-16-11 03:11 PM
    Not sure if that's a wise move, the stock might have been overvalued in the first place, sometime they never quite recover:
    Example of 2 big companies:
    (1) GE hit 60 back in 2000, shot down to about 25 in 2002 (I actually bought some then), but stayed there for many years, and has been sitting at 15 or so for the last several years.
    (2) Kodak hit 80 back in 1998, shot down in the 20s in 2002 (I considered buying some then), and now sits at less than a buck.
    12-16-11 03:16 PM
    "The best time to buy a stock and make a lot of money off of it is often when the company is universally hated. When so many investors think a company is doomed, it doesn't take much to move the stock higher again.
    Research in Motion is probably not one of those stocks. "
    Source: [HTML]http://money.cnn.com/2011/12/16/technology/thebuzz/index.htm?source=cnn_bin[/HTML]
    Yep, and from the report:

"We now believe that RIMM needs to adopt an existing ecosystem (Windows Phone) in order to remain a relevant player in the smartphone market," wrote Alkesh Shah with Evercore Partners.

In other words, RIM has to become the Canadian version of Nokia.

"We have modest BB 10 sales estimates," warned Canaccord Genuity analyst T. Michael Walkley.

Dump the failed OS's (BB VI isn't competitive, 7 didn't win enough share, there is no 8 or 9, we'll never see BB10) and BES. Jump onto the treadmill of bestest, fastest, shiniest WinMo8 phone.

Maybe put a bio lock on the phone to play off the past security advantages.

Be the Dell of phones. Churn out the MS reference design, optimize the supply chain, hire some marketing gurus like the Pre folks, they are probably available cheap.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ywUwca8tSY[/YT]

Rev the models every six months with a .1" bigger screen or a dedicated numeric keypad, alternate between AT&T and VZW with exclusives and marketing support.

Could work.
    12-16-11 03:20 PM
    Yep, and from the report:

Be the Dell of phones. Churn out the MS reference design, optimize the supply chain, hire some marketing gurus like the Pre folks, they are probably available cheap.
    I can't tell if your joking or being serious...

If you are being serious, it is hard to consider Windows Phone 7 (and this is coming from a MS developer).

Windows Phone 7 is an experiment from Microsoft which so far hasn't delivered. They haven't delivered Mango on time either. Also application approvals are worse there than at RIM currently (it was a hard one to believe, even though the development environment rocks - yeah I'm bias).

Like it or not RIM needs to stand out. If they are like Dell or HTC, well that is when I will say the company will go bankrupt.
    12-16-11 03:46 PM
    Hmmm...

I would have waited for Q4 results. It might go lower based on xmas results.

But I wish you luck also as I do own some stocks as well...
    12-16-11 03:58 PM
    I can't tell if your joking or being serious...

If you are being serious, it is hard to consider Windows Phone 7 (and this is coming from a MS developer).
    Winmo 8, not 7. It will still be shipping before BB10, so it's all good.
    12-16-11 04:09 PM
    The key different between RIM and previous failed companies like Palm, Kodak, etc is RIM has a huge enterprise presence. Not just taking about workforces with handhelds, but more importantly, the integrated BES systems. BES has been developed and evolved since the 90s and is integrated into most large corporations. It would take a lot to lose that business. You hear in the news this and that lets you use Apple, Android but in reality the typical "Corporations" are still strictly BB.

The point is when BBX is released, and before the reviews are out, the stock will be higher than $13. The risk comes afterwards if you decide to hold until after the reviews and reception.
    12-16-11 11:09 PM
    ummmm nice?
    lol
    how many did you buy if you don't mind me asking=p

Enough to make the commission worth it!
    12-16-11 11:12 PM
    but in reality the typical "Corporations" are still strictly BB.
    It's great for a fan to believe that. Charming, really. The stock price shows that the market fears that the two co-CEOs still have a "It's always 2007" view of the world and also ignore the loss of majority presence in corporations.

You don't want your CEOs to be as naive as your fans!
    12-17-11 10:25 AM
    Enough to make the commission worth it!
    Hey, if you've got money to throw away, how about throwing some my way? Hint...RIMM goes below $13. by the new year.LMAO
    12-17-11 12:13 PM
    Hey, if you've got money to throw away, how about throwing some my way? Hint...RIMM goes below $13. by the new year.LMAO
    I applaud the OP's decision. RIM is still respectable enough of a company to turn it completely around. BB10 could be a complete game changer. I have faith in the company; however, I'm still not buying any stock.
    12-17-11 12:51 PM
    I applaud the OP's decision. RIM is still respectable enough of a company to turn it completely around. BB10 could be a complete game changer. I have faith in the company; however, I'm still not buying any stock.
    I feel as if BB10 can be a game changer also if RIM plays their cards right.

And we still have about 2-3 more quarters to go before BB10 is PLANNED to be out. I think the stock will go lower. And that's when I'm going to buy.
    12-17-11 01:11 PM
    I don't see how the stock wont go lower...They are predicting less device shipments this quarter and this quarter has Christmas which usually generates huge sales.

Unless RIM has now learned to promise less and deliver more.
    12-17-11 01:22 PM
    Excellent decision. The loyalty you show is a good thing. The stupidity that the other guy shows, is not. BB10 COULD be a game changer, and RIM COULD turn things around, but not with the present management. If they stay, RIM is doomed. They are clueless bozos, who have no idea what people want. They are hanging on by their fingernails, hoping that the business world doesn't jump ship to Apple, or some other brand. If RIM was ever to lose the "business" advantage that they have, or Apple decides to go all out for the "business" accounts, RIMM is toast!
    12-17-11 01:31 PM
    BBX will make everything worth it
    12-17-11 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD