Official Contest Discussion Thread

Valentine's Day is all about Sharing the Love, but nowhere is it stated that you're only allowed to share your love for people! So this year, we are giving the chance to reward you for Sharing The Love of the two things we love most: BlackBerry Smartphones and CrackBerry.com!

We've added a cool little referral module to CrackBerry.com. Be a member, login to the site, and use the Referral Page to tell others to join CrackBerry.com. For every person you contact who visits the site and becomes a registered member, you'll get a ballot into our Grand Prize draw. And because we're Sharing The Love, the new member you referred will automatically receive their own ballot to win the Big Prize too.

But because it takes the effort of two to get a ballot into this giveaway, if one of you wins you BOTH win. Each ballot will also have the name of the person you referred or who referred you, your "CrackBerry Mate", on it and there's a prize for the winning "CrackBerry Mate" too! The more you Share the Love, the better your chances of winning!

And just so it's not all up to chance, we're also going to give the member who grows the CrackBerry.com community the most, by referring the most new members to the site, a $100 in Accessories from our ShopCrackBerry.com store. It looks like CrackBerry.com Addiction pays!

If you have any questions about the Giveaway, want to discuss it, list the amount of love you have shared or are a newly referred member and want to say hi, use this thread!

01-31-08 11:34 PM
    Does it matter what service we have?
    02-01-08 11:01 AM
    We've got you covered regardless of Carrier on the New BlackBerry if you win. Per the Contest Details page,

Within North America, if the prize won is a new BlackBerry Smartphone, the winner may choose the Carrier and Model of the phone. If outside of North America, the winner will receive an Unlocked GSM-based BlackBerry of choice from either AT&T or T-Mobile.
    02-01-08 12:18 PM
    how can we tell if our friend(s) joined and the number of ballots we currently have. Thanks in advance.
    02-03-08 08:02 AM
    1. Login to the Site
    2. Click the My Account link (right side of the main menu)
    3. Click "Current Referrals"

The Current Referrals page will show you the details (username) on everyone that has joined using your referral link.

how can we tell if our friend(s) joined and the number of ballots we currently have. Thanks in advance.
    02-04-08 12:55 PM
    This sucks! I don't know anyone that has a blackberry, I sent the invite to a few people though. I could really use a new BB too. Here's to hoping at lest one joins. =)
    02-05-08 06:19 AM
    This sucks! I don't know anyone that has a blackberry, I sent the invite to a few people though. I could really use a new BB too. Here's to hoping at lest one joins. =)
    Im in the same boat as u. I dont know too many other people that have BBs other than my co-workers...its still worth a shot to send it to my friends
    02-05-08 07:13 AM
    That goes for me also. The only difference is, the people that I work with are too cheap to foot a bill for a BlackBerry. Good Luck though!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-08 02:52 PM
    I get an error page each type I click the "Invite Friends" button at the bottom of the "Share" page. It happens in both Opera and IE. Is this only happening to me?
    02-07-08 07:45 PM
    I've gotten the same thing and told Kevin about it.
    Last edited by kasperapd; 02-07-08 at 07:56 PM.
    02-07-08 07:50 PM
    Only know 1 person with a BB and he's not into forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-08 08:03 PM
    The URL for the referral page is:

http://crackberry.com/referral/invite

If you're clicking through to the referral page, but are some how getting a different url, let me know when/here/how.

The referral page url should be: http://crackberry.com/referral/invite

Let me know,

Thanks!

Kevin
    02-08-08 02:47 AM
    I've sent out emails for invites. I doubt any of them will join. I do have a friend in Canada that wants a blackberry but he says the data plans are to expensive. I told him there are loads of people on here from there so he'd be right at home, he laughed.
    02-11-08 03:13 PM
    One of my referrals joined, but nothing shows up in my referral list.
    02-11-08 10:56 PM
    According to the referral none of mine joined, didn't think they would those non blackberry users! =)
    02-12-08 07:14 AM
    I got my ONE BB owning friend to sign up 2 days before this competition started!

Got my brother to sign up because if I win the BB will be his birthday present. And my friend Lauren is always happy to help!
    02-12-08 07:41 AM
    Oooh, which BlackBerry will it be? A Curve would rock!
    02-12-08 07:44 AM
    This contest got my husband to register on Crackberry. Unfortunately, since he used our computer, he didn't show up as a referal due to it being my IP as well.
    02-14-08 04:52 PM
    This contest got my husband to register on Crackberry. Unfortunately, since he used our computer, he didn't show up as a referal due to it being my IP as well.
    I was worried about my brother's sign up as I've used his computer to check posts (logged in) but it worked. My friend's sign up didn't work and that might be why...
    02-15-08 07:55 AM
    Winners' Announcement Here!

Congrats!!!!!!!
    02-15-08 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD