Was looking at phones on the VZW site and they have Certified Pre-Owned Bold's and Storm 2 for $500+

Someone enlighten me here. It says Pre-Owned. That means someone owned them once already?

If so, why would I pay that much for a pre-owned BB
    11-12-10 09:22 AM
    I think they are pre-owned and refurbished to "like new" condition...if I'm not mistaken they are slightly cheaper than buying them brand new, but I may be wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-10 10:11 AM
    That also sounds like a "no contract" price.....
    11-12-10 10:54 AM
    That also sounds like a "no contract" price.....
    Right, there's that too. I knew I forgot something.
    11-12-10 10:58 AM
    Why shame on VZW? They are a for profit company and people are dumb enough to pay those prices so why not.
    11-12-10 11:00 AM
    Craigslist FTW
    11-12-10 11:02 AM
    Was looking at phones on the VZW site and they have Certified Pre-Owned Bold's and Storm 2 for $500+

Someone enlighten me here. It says Pre-Owned. That means someone owned them once already?

If so, why would I pay that much for a pre-owned BB
    LOL! Not sure why you are upset with Verizon, since they clearly labeled the products as "pre-owned". . If you don't want to buy a pre-owned device, keep your credit card securely in your pocket...
    11-12-10 11:04 AM
    I just looked at the website, and the pre-owned and brand new are the same price at $509 >_> Seems kind of stupid to me to have them the same price, especially when I can shop ebay and get a pre-owned phone for oh....$200?
    11-12-10 11:06 AM
    Most of the time, people over pay on Ebay, thats why I look more on Craigslist. Most of my phones came from there, no regrets.
    11-12-10 11:08 AM
    eBay doesn't come with a warranty and many companies want to buy through a valid source who they already have a business relationship with. They are probably devices that were touched for one minute and someone complained about the batt door fit or a slightly askew trackpad.

We've gotten "Certified like-new" devices as warranty replacements and they looked just as good and held up just as well as new ones.
    11-12-10 11:13 AM
    I recently saw the refurbs on VZW too. I'd hit Craigslist first, then the VZW refurb, then eBay.
    11-12-10 11:20 AM
    Honestly if you want a brand new phone at the discounted price just add a line for 10 a month. Yeah its an extra 120 a year but that plus the 2yr price is still less than paying full retail on a smartphone. I've been doing that instead of paying for insurance. Insurance on a bb is 8 bucks a month and if you lose your phone you pay 90 for a refurb. Instead you add a line for 10 and get a brand new phone.

11-12-10 11:27 AM
    Honestly if you want a brand new phone at the discounted price just add a line for 10 a month. Yeah its an extra 120 a year but that plus the 2yr price is still less than paying full retail on a smartphone. I've been doing that instead of paying for insurance. Insurance on a bb is 8 bucks a month and if you lose your phone you pay 90 for a refurb. Instead you add a line for 10 and get a brand new phone.

That would be an easy way for me to get a Torch
    11-12-10 11:34 AM
    Amazon has the S2 for $180.

11-12-10 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD