I currently have the BB 9700. I don't follow new releases of phones, but I played around with a friends 9900 and the keyboard alone is enough for me to want to purchase it. It's fun to type on that.

My question is, is there going to be a new release of a blackberry in the next 6 months or so? Last thing I want is to get this and a new one comes out in April.

Thanks!
    03-05-12 02:56 PM
    for messaging and typing, nothing on the horizon. There will be a full touch phone, and perhaps a slider soon after. No qwerty like the 9900.
    takemanforadunce likes this.
    03-05-12 03:41 PM
    for messaging and typing, nothing on the horizon. There will be a full touch phone, and perhaps a slider soon after. No qwerty like the 9900.
    Thanks for the reply.

What is the name of the full touch phone BB? Any ideas on estimated release date for the UK?
    03-05-12 05:05 PM
    The 9900 is a great communicator and will still be a great communicator when BB10 phones come-out.

That keyboard is a pleasure to type on
    03-05-12 07:27 PM
    I came from a 9700 too. Going the 9900 route is an upgrade in all respects except battery life and absence of auto focus. If your not worried about those, you will enjoy your 9900.

Cheers.
    03-05-12 07:39 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

What is the name of the full touch phone BB? Any ideas on estimated release date for the UK?
    The current all-touch BB is the Torch 9850 (CDMA) and 9860 (GSM). The coming BB10 touch screen is currently code named London. More info on that can be found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-london-f254/. That's supposed to be coming toward the end of this year. Rumored to be coming around that time or soon after is a slider, currently named the Milan. There will likely be a candybar (like the 9900) coming at some point, but there's been virtually no info about it or a possible release timeframe.

If you really like the full QWERTY model, just go for the 9900. If I had to bet, I'd wager that its BB10 is at least another year away.
    03-05-12 09:00 PM
    Completely agree. I just went through the same situation and decided to upgrade to the 9930. I am so happy that I did. Trust me, you won't regret it.
    03-05-12 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD