I am severely losing my patience.... waiting for OS 4.5 to finally be released. I have avoided BETA copies from untrustworthy sources because I don't want the associated problems, but man is it ever getting harder to resist.

I know 4.5 gets talked about often, and asked for often, but I am not asking for anything. I am really just ranting and trying to spark some conversation.

I first caught wind of OS 4.5 when my son was born last October, and have heard so many release dates and rumors (like the rest of you) it isn't even funny. Now, my son is 6 months old and there is still no official release of 4.5... The child that was an infant when I first heard about it is likely to spit out his first word before I actually have 4.5 on my device, lol.

Anyway, if this is too redundant of a topic, I have no problems with the mods closing it, moving it, or merging it; and I will also apologize for the redundancy. I am just losing my will to wait though, and felt like venting about it, as well as providing a place for others to vent their respective feelings.

Thanks for listening! Now, where do I send the check for the $200 an hour therapy session?
    04-28-08 07:17 PM
    Make checks payable to CrackBerry.com lol
    04-28-08 07:21 PM
    Make checks payable to CrackBerry.com lol
    Right on, lol.
    04-28-08 07:27 PM
    man i know how u feel, although i've tested and tried all the beta's on pearls, curves etc and so far the 8300 curve seems to be the absolute most stable of them all.
    04-28-08 07:28 PM
    Ive lost interest in the new OS and Im sure it'll spark back up when we have an official release date, if any.
    04-28-08 07:33 PM
    Instead of losing your patience in v4.5, do like what many of us has done. Lose interest in v4.5, till it gets here. LOL
    04-28-08 07:49 PM
    I'm also trying to resist the temptation of downloading the Beta. I've only had my Berry since February, so it's still like a new toy to me, but I make it more difficult to hold out by reading every thread known to man about v4.5. lol
    04-28-08 08:10 PM
    There is a new version of the OS coming out?
    04-28-08 08:14 PM
    I've just decided that if they haven't released it yet, there is a reason, and it will be all that much better when they do.
    04-28-08 08:33 PM
    I hope so patrick waugh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-08 09:25 PM
    I think we all need to fire off simultanious emails to RIM asking about the new OS. Lol

04-28-08 09:44 PM
    Your patience will be rewarded, when the time is right, the World will be more then ready for the upgrade.

It is that important, it has to work flawlessly all over the Planet. I do not envy co-ceo's Mike and Jim that job. It's a balls on the line decision.

Get it right and declare it Gold, it will be worth the wait.
    04-28-08 09:49 PM
    I got tired of waiting also so I went and upgraded from the 8310 to the pearl 8110 which has everything we have been waiting for.
    04-28-08 10:19 PM
    My .02-
    All of us share the same frustration. Some of us have tried the betas .10 and .18. The .18 is nice and it has issues because it is still a beta. I've probably changed my OS (back and forth) more in the last month from some of the same sources as everyone else. That was the choice for some of us. I now have a better working knowledge about the different variations from .170, .184, .194(my current OS), and betas .10 and .18. As far as my memory, the only thing I did not delete from my berry are the ring tones. At one time, I had a black & white screen until I replaced one of the .cod files. Currently, my berry is running about 28mb of memory- which goes up after a battery pull(hard reset). Anyway, if you're not sure about the upgrades, don't do it just because others have tried it. If you do, check the forums and do "your own" research.

04-28-08 10:35 PM
    You can't resist the pull of the beta OS, it will such you in.....;-) I am not one to talk, I have been running .18 for a couple weeks now. Not sure I could make myself downgrade now if I wanted to!

04-28-08 10:54 PM
    when i was at the att store today getting a crimson 8310 i have for sale unlocked the rep said he got an email that said in the next two weeks but that could be him just trying to make himself fell better since i was showing off how my 8320 shoots video and has a better browser lol
    04-28-08 11:00 PM
    I've had a 4.5 beta installed on my Curve for a while now and don't have many complaints. I've gotten used to it, in fact.

I guess the looming question in the not-so-back of my mind is whether the 4.5 release from RIM will actually be bug free? I'm a bit of a cynic, so I'm betting that the official release will have its own set of problems that we'll all have to work through and complain about together. That's the way these RIM upgrades typically go and I don't expect this one to be much different, especially since there are- as I see it- significant differences between 4.2 and 4.5.

Will it be better than the betas currently out there? More than likely. But will it be entirely problem free? I have my doubts.
    04-28-08 11:32 PM
    ...the att store... the rep said he got an email that said in the next two weeks ...since i was showing off how my 8320 shoots video and has a better browser lol
    Way to score a coup, walk into your local wireless store with an advanced beta....

The look on his face, when you record it on video, with voice notes, must have been memorable.
    04-29-08 12:12 AM
    I agree with everyone that says they would rather wait for it, than have an OS released before it is actually ready. Limited, or no, bugs after an extended wait is better than getting it early and being hounded with glitches in every way. I also try not to think about it, or pretend it's as though it doesn't exist, like some of you, but it just isn't working, hehe.

Anyway, here's to hoping the most recent rumor about a May 9th-ish release turns out to be true...
    04-29-08 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD