My 8320 has never had much free mem to begin with but within the past couple weeks I have almost none now. A couple months ago when I really became aware of keeping track of it, I usually would have about 18,000,000 free after doing a quick pull, now after using quick pull I have about 7 at best.

I have no extra apps running in background, I clear my browser cache, messages, call logs, phone log etc. Quick pull goes off automatically every day at 4:20 AM. It is now 11:14 AM and I have 3,708,762 free. What is going on with my phone?

MY only apps are:
    -google maps
    -quick pull
    -point
    -score mobile
    -berry weather
    -facebook
    -berry converter

I even deleted memopad and pandora recently which was of no help.

Help.
    05-13-10 10:18 AM
    What theme are you running? Have you changed themes lately?
    05-13-10 10:22 AM
    What theme are you running? Have you changed themes lately?
    running the stock BB dimension L theme. Never used or dl'ed any themes that didnt come on the phone.

EDIT: although I have noticed that with this theme, my faves is constantly running in the background now (although i dont think that would cause me to be so low mem wise after a quick pull)
    05-13-10 10:25 AM
    I use Google Maps, Poynt, and Berry Weather. I don't have any memory problems with them. I don't use the other apps you list. What was the last app you installed before you noticed the problem? If you aren't sure, try uninstalling apps one at a time, one per day, and see if you can identify the culprit. I'd start with Facebook, Score Mobile, and Berry Converter since I don't have any experience with those apps.
    05-13-10 10:35 AM
    My newest app I believe is Poynt and thats been there for prob 2 months or so I would guess. All the other apps have been there since almost day 1.
    05-13-10 10:41 AM
    What OS are you running? Have you ever performed the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure? If you haven't, it will help a lot. You can access it from the link in my sig.
    05-13-10 10:47 AM
    I have not done it but I'll give it a try. I never did it before because the 17 I had free was good enough to get me to my next scheduled quick pull. Im running OS 4.5.0.81

Now I know everyone says You cant get a virus on your BB but hear me out atleast on this. About the same time that this started happening with my BB, my AOL e-mail account was hacked. I have this acct on my BB as well. I have never opened any of the links that are in the e-mails my acct now sends out. However, I just so happen to go into my pics last week and where it shows camera, device memory and my pix folder, there were 2 files located in there that were never there before. They were both pics of the aol logo which I deleted. I could be wrong but I assume these were related to my hacked aol acct. Any possibility there is a connection here?

TIA. In the meantime I'm going to see if I can do that MOP.
    05-13-10 10:53 AM
    It's unlikely the AOL hack affected your BlackBerry. Deleting the pics was probably a good preventive measure, in case they were virus-carriers that could have carried a virus to your PC, but so far there have been no viruses identified that can execute on and infect a BlackBerry.
    05-13-10 11:05 AM
    Ok so i did the mop thing. Got rid of ptt and vad files. All said and done I rebooted and had 8mb free. as of this post which cant be more than an hour later< i'm down to 4.5. Something is def wrong.
    05-13-10 12:40 PM
    I agree, something is wrong. Reloading your OS and your apps may be necessary to solve the problem.
    05-13-10 01:38 PM
    Ugh I dont want to do that lol. I did it once before so it will be less scary this time but the real pita is getting the codes to redownload apps.

Do I bite the bullet and do it or just take advantage of t-mobiles 12 month upgrade and drop $130/piece for 2 9700's?
    05-14-10 08:05 AM
    If you have the money to spare, the 9700 will be a significant upgrade over your 8320.
    05-14-10 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD