View Poll Results: Do you use your BlackBerry while driving?

Voters
741. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never! Driving and BlackBerrying don't mix

96 12.96%
  • Only at stoplights

98 13.23%
  • I talk on the phone while driving

277 37.38%
  • I email/text/message people while driving

94 12.69%
  • I do whatever I want

176 23.75%
    Nah i think that people should be smart about it. yes I text and return emails and look at new designs while driving but usually when im stopped at a stop light or a straight a way or something where I know I can handle multi tasking.
    12-10-07 05:47 PM
    We have enough laws, only thing i feel is common sense is to use headset while talking. As for texting/email, i've done it.
    12-10-07 06:00 PM
    I use the headset that came in the box to make calls (VoiceDialing is fantasticly helpful), and I text at redlights.
    12-10-07 06:17 PM
    Yes, our roadways would be safer.
    12-10-07 06:22 PM
    I guess I'm guilty of doing it all on the BB while driving however, I mostly use the phone while driving (well at least try to limit myself to that)
    12-10-07 06:26 PM
    Shouldn't be illegal, but no texting... at least when you're driving. Maybe at the stop lights it would be fine.

But some of us can text w/o looking!
    12-10-07 06:27 PM
    Put down my crack?! No officer I refuse! I'm addicted I know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-07 06:29 PM
    No text messaging or typing while driving. Not here in New York, where such adventures will find me with a $200+ ticket.

Bluetooth telephoning is the only drive-by activity I engage in.
    12-10-07 06:44 PM
    I don't think it should be illegal, but in Illinois it is. I don't have a bluetooth. I really want one tho. but i do use the headset that came with the curve. I'd rather have a bluetooth but for now i have to use what i have
    12-10-07 07:06 PM
    I agree with bbsadaj and thomas843. As long as your using a bluetooth headset or handsfree kit it should be legal. I don't think people should be holding the phone while they drive. My girlfriend said that she's even seen people reading magazines at 130 km/hr on the 401 in Ontario. Seriously anything like that is just dumb. I think you should have your eyes and hands available for driving. Handsfree should be mandatory if you want to talk and drive.
    12-10-07 07:14 PM
    I think it should be illegal. Because, even tho we all do it, it is too dangerous to be holding ur phone while driving. I'm just being honest and realistic. There are too many products out there that are invented to prevent accidents from happening.
    12-10-07 07:14 PM
    I think it should be mandatory to have a handsfree kit as well. Texting/emailing while driving is just crazy!
    12-10-07 07:16 PM
    Plain and simply NO!!!!
    12-10-07 07:25 PM
    if ya cant do it dont...
    12-10-07 07:32 PM
    I've been known to chat on gmail, get directions with BBmaps and surf the net while driving all at the same time. I have yet to even swerve into another lane.
    No, it shouldn't be illegal, but it does need to be done with caution. Basically, it boils down to this: if you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, just turn your phone off when you get in the car.
    12-10-07 07:35 PM
    Personally I think that texing and making calls can be very unsafe while driving.

I'm all for the laws that say you should have to use a headset.
    12-10-07 07:35 PM
    I talk a lot. But rarely text. Thats just an accident waiting to happen.
    12-10-07 07:38 PM
    I only talk if I have my bluetooth on otherwise they can wait til I get where ever im going
    12-10-07 07:42 PM
    Although I don't really like it personally, but I do agree that government should ban the use of cellphone/ BB while driving. There are too many distractions already on the road before we even add the sms, email, video
    12-10-07 08:17 PM
    tough call. I guess it is best to have the law against using while driving because there are so many people who don't pay attention.
    12-10-07 08:34 PM
    I only use telnav or make/receive calls with a headset. Wish people could be responsible on their own without govt intervention.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-07 08:36 PM
    I really don't like the idea of the government imposing MORElaws upon us. I do like these new cars with the touch phone call built in. It keeps peoples hands on the wheel and the ability to move as they normally would, as to say turn their head and look, instead of a motion to look and the assumption I will move out of their way. I drive an 18 wheeler on the highway all day long. My loads are sometime 13' wide, I am restricted to the far right lane. I constantly see people getting on the on ramp onto the highway with their phones up to their ear and without looking just try to merge into my lane. I can only go 55, the speed limit is 65. They can easily speed up and get in front of me, but because they are on the phone and can't really look, they just assume I'm not there and they have the right away. But I don't think there should be a law against it. If they clip my truck, it won't really hurt my truck, then maybe next time they'll look twice.
    12-10-07 08:39 PM
    Not completely, but either a speaker phone or headset should be mandatory.
    12-10-07 08:42 PM
    I don't think it should be illegal but more people should use an earpiece or speakerphone if they have to make a call. As far a texting and messaging while driving I tried once and it scared me so I will never do it again.
    12-10-07 08:57 PM
    DWBB? Guilty as charged!!!
    12-10-07 09:04 PM
724 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD