View Poll Results: Do you use your BlackBerry while driving?

Voters
741. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never! Driving and BlackBerrying don't mix

96 12.96%
  • Only at stoplights

98 13.23%
  • I talk on the phone while driving

277 37.38%
  • I email/text/message people while driving

94 12.69%
  • I do whatever I want

176 23.75%
    only bluetooth conversation for me while driving.....
    12-20-07 02:09 PM
    Not unless they also make it illegal to apply makeup, eat, mess with the radio or your GPS, talk to other people in the car... etc... yeah...
    12-20-07 02:19 PM
    I only use it as a phone. Anything else and someone could get hurt !
    12-20-07 03:38 PM
    I hate to say it, but it probably should be illegal nationwide to use your cell/blackberry while driving. Where I live it's already illegal to talk on your cell while driving. It's too much of a distraction, but I do it anyway!
    12-20-07 03:44 PM
    simple answer no more explanation. texting/email should be illegal talking with a headset no
    12-20-07 04:22 PM
    I am definitely one for laws regulating the use of cell phones while driving. From what I've seen, I estimate that only 10-15% of people are decent or better drivers, thus leaving the rest as not really good at it. These people with cellphones in their hands go from bad to worse. That's my main reason for support of cellphones while driving regulation.

I am not so averse to the use of hands-free sets while driving though.
    12-20-07 05:07 PM
    Government has better things to do than pass laws.
    12-20-07 05:13 PM
    Hmmm, this is a tough one. I think there are some of us (present company included) that can handle talking on the BB while driving. First we should outlaw putting on makeup while driving. Then eating a bucket of fried chicken and a bowl of mashed potatoes while driving. Next outlaw kids in the car while driving. Of course all of this venting may come from the fact that I was almost hit last week on my motorcycle by a lady who was eating, applying makeup, swatting at kids, and talking on her cell phone all at the same time. I seem to see her almost all the time, but her cars look different, so do the kids, sometimes she's reading, she's always about to hit someone. Maybe it is just the soccer moms in my town (or everywhere).
    I think for all of our safety, it would be a good law that you must be hands free. At least then it would be easier to eat, swat, read, apply, and hit other cars.
    12-20-07 05:22 PM
    I am a hypocrite...

I DO use my berry while driving sometimes...

BUT....I try to always use my headset when talking and limit data usage to stoplights...

and I know a story about three local teens who died because one was texting...the third one will never walk again...

the government is already starting to crack down (no pun intended) on mobile use while driving (at least in the states...) there are places where it is already illegal...

-db

please please please fellow crackers...BE CAREFUL....
    12-20-07 06:24 PM
    Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    12-20-07 06:26 PM
    Yes, make it illegal.
    Yes, with heavy punishment.
    Health comes first, and i've seen true blood on the roads due to reckless cellphone usage.
    12-20-07 07:34 PM
    Actually, I am typing this and driving right now. I do not see any prob... Oh crap!...............
    12-20-07 07:48 PM
    It's no more dangerous than eating, drinking or smoking while driving. Do we make all those illeagal too?
    12-20-07 07:54 PM
    I think it should be illegal to use a cell phone/BB while driving if the driver is not using a handsfree headset or bluetooth.
    12-20-07 08:15 PM
    Well, New York State already has. Quite the ticket if you get caught talking on your phone while driving. Thank god for an incredibly loud speaker and my bluetooth.
    12-20-07 08:44 PM
    Talking on the phone is ok, but texting while driving is too dangerous.
    12-20-07 08:50 PM
    Hands free would ogo a long way in making the roads a lot safer. I've seen how distracted drivers working with their phones can cause kaos on the road. If we need laws then fine so be, but there will always be some that don't care.
    12-20-07 09:03 PM
    I have no problems with talking and driving as long as you're using a bluetooth, but trying to email and text while you're driving is just plain stupid...
    12-20-07 09:15 PM
    NO, well almost never, only to talk and then maybe peek at an email or the radar/traffic unless I need to look at Gmap or something else important!
    12-20-07 09:59 PM
    I think if the government was smart, it would pass a law that IDIOTS who don't know how to DRIVE should also not be allowed to use Blackberries. But seriously, folks, addicted as we may be, at the very least, use a hands-free device - a text message or quick cell call is not worth running someone off the road and killing them. Practice safe texting!
    12-20-07 10:55 PM
    There should only be laws for idiots thats can't multi task
    12-20-07 11:26 PM
    Not illegal, but a handsfree kit would be useful.
    12-20-07 11:28 PM
    Obviously using the phone should be with a handsfree headset, but it wouldn't be tragic to me if you were not allowed to e-mail/text/browse/etc. & drive.

My motto: Arive Alive!!!
    12-21-07 01:14 AM
    No, the gov't needs to focus on other things. Let it be local gov't/laws as laws from Hicksville, USA would not be appropriate for NYC.
    12-21-07 04:42 AM
    Of course. What good is having a GPS on your BB if you don't use it in the car???
    12-21-07 08:43 AM
724 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD