View Poll Results: Do you use your BlackBerry while driving?

Voters
741. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never! Driving and BlackBerrying don't mix

96 12.96%
  • Only at stoplights

98 13.23%
  • I talk on the phone while driving

277 37.38%
  • I email/text/message people while driving

94 12.69%
  • I do whatever I want

176 23.75%
    On the Seventh Day of CrackBerry,
    my favorite site gave to me,
    Seven Car Kits Mounting

To be entered for your chance to win this prize, reply to this post and tell us
    Should the government pass laws making BlackBerry/cell phone usage illegal while driving?

Prize Details: iGrip's Universal Fit Car Sturdy Swivel Mount. It's an ideal solution for those seeking a hands-free solution for their car.

Visit the 12 Days of CrackBerry Site for Full Contest Details.

Prize Sponsored by: iGrip
    12-10-07 02:40 AM
    I dont think it should be illegal to talk on the phone while driving, but it can be very distracting and i can see the danger in emailing or texting while driving as your eyes are taken off the road. I talk on the phone while im driving quite a bit, and text occasionally
    12-10-07 02:57 AM
    Well lets just say, I never have the oppurtunity to drive/berry at the same time, my only vehicle consists of a pair of Nike Shox...., but, given the oppurtunity I would'nt drive and berry at the same time, while out I see way to many people talking on their phones, fiddling with stereos etc..etc...they always seem to be the ones within inches of being hit by other vehicles or being on the recievvong end of a few choice words, so ya know.....I wouldn't want to be one of those people, not too mention most times while out doing things i have my 3 yr old with me, so not only would I be endangering myself and any others out there...that would be placing my son in harms way as well.
    12-10-07 03:05 AM
    Yes I think the laws should be out to make it illegal to be on the fone while driving. Or they could make it mandatory to use handsfree kit when driving and on fone.
    But in my country even if such laws were out another problem would be enforcing it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-07 04:00 AM
    I still dont have drivers licence. Will have in 3 month so we will see then...
    12-10-07 04:31 AM
    I talk on my Blackberry through the Bluetooth system in our Camry Hybrid.
    12-10-07 04:48 AM
    I don't think there should necessarily be a law on berry usage while driving but it defenitely is something that all users should be aware about. I do it, but only when I know I can. I'm not texting while taking a curve or a turn! lol... when you see a lot of straight road ahead of you, you know you can bang out a text real quick... BUT always make the road priority!!!!
    12-10-07 05:47 AM
    I don't drive so I can do what I want.

Yes, I am in Arizona and we have the toughest laws against cell usage, as far as I know. If you are caught texting (you must be pulled over for another reason, so better make sure your lights are working, etc..) you will get an all most $200 fine.

If driving, your attention needs to be on what's going on around you, not on the phone. Wait for red lights, or pull off the road to talk or what not. Have the passenger communicate for you if you need to.
    12-10-07 06:26 AM
    Just talk or use GPS... no driving and texting.
    12-10-07 06:32 AM
    I say NO Government intervention. However my company is trying to pass a rule that states we cannot use our BB's for company business while driving... must be for insurance purposes.
    12-10-07 06:55 AM
    The government has enough laws. I know that my company says that we're not to be on the phone while driving because of the accidents. Let this be our little secret then, I have it in my hand at all times.
    12-10-07 07:34 AM
    It shouldn't be illegal as long as some sort of headset is on or your vehicle is equipped with bt.
    12-10-07 08:01 AM
    Heck no. New York's law is a blatant nanny state power grab. Pretty soon they will be telling you how to wipe your ****.
    12-10-07 08:16 AM
    Should be able to talk using bluetooth. Tapping out email - not a good idea.
    12-10-07 08:37 AM
    Dont think it should be illegal, but the should make it mandatory to use a handsfree kit if you have to talk and drive.
    12-10-07 08:40 AM
    Headset/handsfree usage while driving should be mandatory. Period. It should be a primary offense.

Texting/e-mailing should be illegal while driving. It becomes a fine line, with so many functions coming to phones. Is it to much to say you shouldn't be staring at your GPS when driving? It should be voice-command or gesture-controlled. I feel guilty just glancing at directions in Google Maps when driving. I feel like I should really get a dash mount just for that.
    12-10-07 08:55 AM
    Yes I do. I tend to use it more in traffic. For those of you in SoCal, you know how the 405 can turn into a parking lot during rush hour. I don't talk much so I'm usually texting or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-07 08:57 AM
    you should have to use some sort of headset/speaker phone while driving ...
    12-10-07 08:59 AM
    NO WAY!! I'm a cop and I can't enforce all the other laws we have. Felony Crackberry Usage is funny though!!
    12-10-07 09:01 AM
    I drive quite a bit and though I believe it can be distracting, don't necessarily believe it should be outlawed. ****, what about eating while driving? Takes more dexterity to eat a big ol' sloppy burger with both hands then to talk on my BB.
    12-10-07 09:22 AM
    I have used just about everything on my phone why driving
    12-10-07 09:29 AM
    I personally don't drive my husband does that. I don't think people should drive and use the phone. Some people can't drive as is and to add a phone that is just asking for trouble. You should have to use a headset or bluetooth capable device. Anything that takes your eyes off the road for any amount of time should be illegal.
    12-10-07 09:31 AM
    I don't think a law is necessary, but people should pay more attention to the road and less to their BB's while driving (myself included).
    12-10-07 09:43 AM
    It doesn't matter what law we have or not, people will still do whatever they want.
    I personally don't drive and use my BB, and do think that we need to have such law. It is for our own safety. You don't know who's the person behind the other wheel. One less distraction could save someone life.
    user5240 likes this.
    12-10-07 10:25 AM
    *sigh* oh, Texting at streetlights, Yahoo Messaging at the stop signs, talking on my blue tooth, while driving and sipping coffee. Dangerous !
    12-10-07 10:27 AM
724 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD